Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

It's an vantage peavey VT.

160 watts of epic.
Insomniacide
What year was it made?

The serial plate Is too worn to read but from the design of it I'm getting somewhere in the early 80s.
It looks wicked. Got a recording?
R.J.W

I
ll probably try and mic it up some time this weekend. The thing is wicked loud so I'm probably going to have to mess with the mix to stop it from clipping.
CrowCounting V2
R.J.W

I
ll probably try and mic it up some time this weekend. The thing is wicked loud so I'm probably going to have to mess with the mix to stop it from clipping.
Get a good attenuator?

I want a nice low wattage head and cab, but even 30 watts like a vox ac can be plenty loud.
R.J.W
CrowCounting V2
R.J.W

I
Get a good attenuator?

I want a nice low wattage head and cab, but even 30 watts like a vox ac can be plenty loud.

It probably wouldn't hurt. Sadly I'm broke after buying that beast.

Low watt heads tend to have great tone but they always seem to be lacking those bellowing lows you can get from higher wattage.

With that being said, I would kill someone for a AC30.
CrowCounting V2
R.J.W
CrowCounting V2
R.J.W

I
Get a good attenuator?

Low watt heads tend to have great tone but they always seem to be lacking those bellowing lows you can get from higher wattage.

Naw man I've heard some -awesome- 20-40 watt heads. SOme of them single channel though. :< I want 2 channels at least. No wait, I just want 2 channels and an overdrive.
Then again, might just splash a bit and get a 50 watt blackstar head. :v Or maybe the 30 watt artisan.....
Or a 5150/6560, but those are expeeeeensive.
R.J.W
CrowCounting V2
R.J.W
CrowCounting V2
R.J.W

I
Get a good attenuator?

Naw man I've heard some -awesome- 20-40 watt heads. SOme of them single channel though. :< I want 2 channels at least. No wait, I just want 2 channels and an overdrive.
Then again, might just splash a bit and get a 50 watt blackstar head. :v Or maybe the 30 watt artisan.....

It really depends on how good the preamp is and how the speakers are.

Blackstar makes some killer heads they have some of the best cunck imo.
I would probably just get a marshal if I wanted pure gain without a pedal though.

This peavey is two channel clean and distortion. It's great though because the distortion channel has a build in flanger nob and a reverb nob so it doesn't have to be used for crunch. The guy I bought it off of didn't have the foot pedal for it sadly so I'm gonna have to buy one of those off ebay or something.

It doesn't have the tone of something like an orange and doesn't distort as well... it's lacking the flavorful cleans you'd get from a vox... but it sits nicely in the middle and is defiantly versatile
CrowCounting V2
R.J.W
CrowCounting V2
R.J.W
CrowCounting V2
R.J.W

I
Get a good attenuator?

I would probably just get a marshal if I wanted pure gain without a pedal though.

This peavey is two channel clean and distortion. It's great though because the distortion channel has a build in flanger nob and a reverb nob so it doesn't have to be used for crunch. The guy I bought it off of didn't have the foot pedal for it sadly so I'm gonna have to buy one of those off ebay or something.

It doesn't have the tone of something like an orange and doesn't distort as well... it's lacking the flavorful cleans you'd get from a vox... but it sits nicely in the middle and is defiantly versatile
I got a "broken" footpedal for mine from ebay, there was supposedly a crack in the glass covering the lcd display.
It was just moved, not cracked emotion_dowant

But yeah, I have a peavy transfex. The reverb channel is very good, great cleans imo (sure, nothing like a fender bassman for instance) but the gain could be better, but that's mostly my taste from day to day, some days I love it other days I don't.
R.J.W
CrowCounting V2
R.J.W
CrowCounting V2
R.J.W
Get a good attenuator?

I got a "broken" footpedal for mine from ebay, there was supposedly a crack in the glass covering the lcd display.

But yeah, I have a peavy transfex. The reverb channel is very good, great cleans imo (sure, nothing like a fender bassman for instance) but the gain could be better, but that's mostly my taste from day to day, some days I love it other days I don't.

I wouldn't mind buying a new one seeing how I basically stole the amp from the poor guy.

It was this old guy who was moving because his wife just died. He gave it to me for 220$ (head and cab)

The cleans have a little to much sheen for my taste to be honest, I wish they were a little more subdued, not saying they have a bad tone just not my flavor.

I was never a huge fan of fender amps to be honest... though I do have a little mustang modeling amp. It's great for jamming.
CrowCounting V2
R.J.W
CrowCounting V2
R.J.W
CrowCounting V2
R.J.W
Get a good attenuator?

I wouldn't mind buying a new one seeing how I basically stole the amp from the poor guy.

It was this old guy who was moving because his wife just died. He gave it to me for 220$ (head and cab)

The cleans have a little to much sheen for my taste to be honest, I wish they were a little more subdued, not saying they have a bad tone just not my flavor.

I was never a huge fan of fender amps to be honest... though I do have a little mustang modeling amp. It's great for jamming.
Can't say that I find that about the cleans, then again this is a digital amp XD Basically an extensive modeling amp with the tube modelled into chips.

And meh, I played one of those bassman limited reissues once when testing out some delay pedals and man that thing is wicked. emotion_drool
R.J.W
CrowCounting V2
R.J.W
CrowCounting V2
R.J.W

Can't say that I find that about the cleans, then again this is a digital amp XD Basically an extensive modeling amp with the tube modelled into chips.

And meh, I played one of those bassman limited reissues once when testing out some delay pedals and man that thing is wicked. emotion_drool

Maybe I should just drop the highs... idk.

I'm sure it was great but how much was it like 1000$?
CrowCounting V2
R.J.W
CrowCounting V2
R.J.W
CrowCounting V2
R.J.W

Yeah, it's an expensive amp.

Then again when I have some money saved up I plan my next amp setup to be between 1500 and 2k for a head, cab and attenuator.
Should get me quite the setup smile
R.J.W
CrowCounting V2
R.J.W
CrowCounting V2
R.J.W

Yeah, it's an expensive amp.

Then again when I have some money saved up I plan my next amp setup to be between 1500 and 2k for a head, cab and attenuator.
Should get me quite the setup smile

I wish I could drop that kinda money man.... must be nice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff