Reeds: Nice or evil?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on November 13, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5

GhettoPhoenix
AsaiElarien
I play b flat clarinet with a two and a half van doren reed razz

And what was that about double tonguing?

Instead of using a single sylible "Da" sometimes to tongue fast notes you double tongue. (Basically if you don't have a reed you can do it) To double tongue you use two sylibles "Da" and "Ga" alternating. Like so
Da-Ga-Da-Ga etc. That allows you to go faster. Apparently one clarinet tried it and cut up her tongue so the rest of us don't even try.
the girl I like did it and it broke her reed then she got a thicker reed tried it and it cut her tounge xp
I love my bassoon reeds. Sometimes they seem to not like me. I do punish them at these times though by filing them and cutting them and pliering them until they become the kindly fellows they should be. When they are being good, I decorate them with a pretty rainbow turban. Hooray for reeds, especially bassoon reeds! It is tragic when one dies though.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
<b>
Reeds are hateful. I started playin' oboe in sixth grade and picked up trombone in eighth... The fact that brass are reedless are majorly helpful. I adore the oboe though, I just don't particularly like reeds.

Another factor of my dislike for reeds could probably be the fact that up until recently I used machine-made reeds. Now I'm buying hand-made ones, and they are really helping my tone and stuff.
</b>
I don't mind a reed. I can't buzz my lips or whatever brass players do, so without a reed I probably wouldn't be in band.
Alto sax? PAH! Tenor is where it's at. Though I do hate reeds, I HATE THEM SO MUCH!
I play flute but it was open evening so myself and my two friends were playing our instruments. For a bit of fun we were trying to play each other instruments. I could get a note out of the cornet but the reed on my friends saxophone completely threw me. I hate reeds scream
Snowfire159
Just wondering....how many woodwind players hate having to use reeds or like them? I think I know the answer, but...just out of curiosity, let me know. biggrin

I HATE MY REEDS! lol, they are always misaligned with my mouthpiece and the break so easy!!! iam using 3 1/2 reedfs now so they haven;t broken as much!
i love reeds now but i dont like the price of them i play the oboe so they make the prices inse that could be why almost know onw plays it. Hmmm...
Ive been playing clarinet now for 4 years, and I like my reeds! They're expensive though, and I hate when they break. I feel so bad about throwing them away crying I like that poem though, foooney!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff