Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian

My favorite band is Interpol. I like them very much. Anyone here agree ? Or, does anybody have knowledge of their music and know anyone else who sounds as unique as them ? Preferably other than UNI_FORM 3nodding ?
I'm very fond of Interpol's first two albums especially. Uni_Form is fun too, though they really do sound too much like Interpol to me (which is like being a derivative to a derivative, in that Interpol sounds like Joy Division). I'm a lil' surprised someone's heard of 'em though.
I'm sure you must already be familiar with some some of the better known post-punk revival acts like Editors, She Wants Revenge, White Lies, The National, The Horrors, The Bravery, etc.

Post-punk's my specialty. Some other post-punk revival acts you can and should check out:
LowCityRain, The Mary Onettes, VANIISH, Toy, The New Division, The Twilight Sad, A Place to Bury Strangers, Cold Showers, Zola Jesus, The Soft Moon, Xeno & Oaklander, Streets Kill Strange Animals, Lebanon Hanover, Beastmilk, Sleepmask, Hypernova, Vaadat Charigm, The Exploding Boy, The Sugar Report, Cold Cave, Amesoeurs, I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness, Film School, Cult of Youth, Esben & the Witch, XTR Human, Veil of Light, Plasticzooms, Lillies & Remains, Victoriana, Drab Majesty, Craft Spells, Violens, Killing Boy, Re-TROS, Bloody Knives, Winter Severity Index, Heavens, Japanese Cartoon, Dorcel, The Open, The Liar Script, Aves, Vuota, Ascetic:, Vår, The Wars, The War Tapes, Night Kills the Day, Alcian Blue, Screen Vinyl Image, Nightmare Air, Sleep∞Over, Soror Dolorosa, Tropic of Cancer, HTRK, The KVB, Eagulls, Soft Kill, Weekend, Wax Idols, Dragons, ROMANCE, O. Children, Warpaint, 2:54, Seacrypt, Ceremony, Skywave, Linear Movement, 23RainyDays, John Maus, Blacklist, Glass Candy, Veil Veil Vanish, Infidelity, Bell Hollow, Principe Valiente, Deficit Budgetaire, Adolf Filter, Dead Guitars, Red Drapes, Blessure Grave, Glass Towers, Pity Sex, Still Corners, Staring Problem, Be Forest, Stagnant Pools

I can always name tons more if ya want (and classic bands too for a whooole other list).

Floppy Sex Symbol

7,500 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
i like interpol.
but idk any similar bands.

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Shadowolf
I'm very fond of Interpol's first two albums especially. Uni_Form is fun too, though they really do sound too much like Interpol to me (which is like being a derivative to a derivative, in that Interpol sounds like Joy Division). I'm a lil' surprised someone's heard of 'em though.
I'm sure you must already be familiar with some some of the better known post-punk revival acts like Editors, She Wants Revenge, White Lies, The National, The Horrors, The Bravery, etc.

I agree with you about Interpol being derivative, and that is probably way I absolutely love them. They continue that sort of thing Joy Division had going.

Also, Warpaint is pretty great.

Gaian

Thank-you all SO much, I'll be listening to a LOT of this music :3. !!!

Gaian

Shadowolf

Post-punk's my specialty. Some other post-punk revival acts you can and should check out:
LowCityRain, The Mary Onettes, VANIISH, Toy, The New Division, The Twilight Sad, A Place to Bury Strangers, Cold Showers, Zola Jesus, The Soft Moon, Xeno & Oaklander, Streets Kill Strange Animals, Lebanon Hanover, Beastmilk, Sleepmask, Hypernova, Vaadat Charigm, The Exploding Boy, The Sugar Report, Cold Cave, Amesoeurs, I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness, Film School, Cult of Youth, Esben & the Witch, XTR Human, Veil of Light, Plasticzooms, Lillies & Remains, Victoriana, Drab Majesty, Craft Spells, Violens, Killing Boy, Re-TROS, Bloody Knives, Winter Severity Index, Heavens, Japanese Cartoon, Dorcel, The Open, The Liar Script, Aves, Vuota, Ascetic:, Vår, The Wars, The War Tapes, Night Kills the Day, Alcian Blue, Screen Vinyl Image, Nightmare Air, Sleep∞Over, Soror Dolorosa, Tropic of Cancer, HTRK, The KVB, Eagulls, Soft Kill, Weekend, Wax Idols, Dragons, ROMANCE, O. Children, Warpaint, 2:54, Seacrypt, Ceremony, Skywave, Linear Movement, 23RainyDays, John Maus, Blacklist, Glass Candy, Veil Veil Vanish, Infidelity, Bell Hollow, Principe Valiente, Deficit Budgetaire, Adolf Filter, Dead Guitars, Red Drapes, Blessure Grave, Glass Towers, Pity Sex, Still Corners, Staring Problem, Be Forest, Stagnant Pools

I can always name tons more if ya want (and classic bands too for a whooole other list).
Just started giving some of these a good try. The Nationals - Demons is really good, awesome video to. Thank-you soo much for this list.

Gaian

Dennis Radman

Trazzy
Dennis Radman

ew sony s**t station that's disgusting get that garbage away from e m e

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items