Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jaithien
zealously_incorrigible
Tangled Up In Blue
Elendil01
God talks to EVERYONE everyday, it is just that they are too blind and close-minded to see it..

So when God talks to me (an aural phenomenon) I should be able to see it? I should be able to see sounds? Is God LSD?
No you can't see it. Because he talks to your heart, You hear it in your head...
but if i heard it in my head i would have a doctor check me. i mean what if it isn't god at all but a tumor of somesort pressing on the part of my brain that thinks clearly and reconizes reality from fantasy. i'd rather see if i have need medical attention then kill the people who raised me and loved me.
I'm pretty sure you would know it was God.
Maybe, if He had a very good reason, and if I belived in Him.
I sure would
If I was told by god then first thing I would do is Wonder weather It was really god talking to me? I mean it could be the devil or I just gone insane!

plus I think its wise not just follower blindly because some one (Even if it is God) say so...God gave us free will for a reason and it would most likely be a test to see if we use free will sensibly.

8,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
SDSUMarcus01
Umm... yes, but I don't believe He would ask me to do that. If He did, it'd probably be something along the lines of Abraham, Issac, and da ram.
That's what I was thinking. He'd probably see if you'd really do it, and then tell you to stop at the last second, because God hates sin, and murder is a sin. It'd be one big test of faith.

5,100 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
zealously_incorrigible
Tangled Up In Blue
Elendil01
God talks to EVERYONE everyday, it is just that they are too blind and close-minded to see it..

So when God talks to me (an aural phenomenon) I should be able to see it? I should be able to see sounds? Is God LSD?
No you can't see it. Because he talks to your heart, You hear it in your head...
but if i heard it in my head i would have a doctor check me. i mean what if it isn't god at all but a tumor of somesort pressing on the part of my brain that thinks clearly and reconizes reality from fantasy. i'd rather see if i have need medical attention then kill the people who raised me and loved me.
Tangled Up In Blue
Elendil01

Um, I consider myself a fairly religious person, though my beliefs don't really fall into any religious category. If I "heard God" tell me to kill me parents I would first contact a doctor. If it really was the voice of God, I'd probably break out laughing and thank It for the good joke.

5,100 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
i don't think i need to prove myself to god. i don't expect god to prove her self to me... we have an understanding. i won't ask her to kill anyone and she won't ask me too. we both are much closer for it.
I just wonder what your parents would say if they read this..
I find that a much better choice of wording. 3nodding

Shameless Enabler

Tangled Up In Blue
Katane
It depends. If I just "thought" that God was telling me that, or had some idea of that, I would be suspicious.

It would have to be an all out miraculous God-is-really-talking-to-me-in-person event. Then yes, I would gladly kill my parents.

However, I doubt God would do this.

Katane, your use of the word "gladly" bothers me slightly. Even Abraham wasn't glad the he was going to be sacraficing his own son.
Yeah, I was gonna edit that. Okay, replace it with "willingly".

I love my parents. But I love God more than everything else. And I trust Him, because I know He would never want me to do something bad. I would willingly take the test, just like Abraham.
Katane
It depends. If I just "thought" that God was telling me that, or had some idea of that, I would be suspicious.

It would have to be an all out miraculous God-is-really-talking-to-me-in-person event. Then yes, I would gladly kill my parents.

Katane, your use of the word "gladly" bothers me slightly. Even Abraham wasn't glad the he was going to be sacraficing his own son.

Shameless Enabler

Elendil01

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff