Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would deny being a Christian if your life is at risk?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 5, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4

Friendly Seeker

7,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
if you didn't deny your God in a life and death situation, wouldn't that be a martyr?

I would rather die than commit blasphemy wink
(it's true)
Though you cannot tell what you would do in those circimstances. I would like to think that still I Would say no.
as an example jesus gave his life for us correct? Why deny someone who gave their life to save yours?

God created everything so why deny or go against the man that created a world and life for which you can live? It seems like the most stupid thuing to do. But it happens.
Personally, I'm not the type to change my stance based on threats... only convincing arguments... so no, an AK-47 in my face would not convince me to deny my faith... it could however, convince me to support gun control legislation, if i survive the experience...

Romantic Phantom

Because I don't have a god to believe in!
Double_Sins
Alright, there is the story that Peter denied that he was the disiple of Jesus and he denied that he didn't know Jesus three times. He lied to save himself from being killed when he was asked. So just to save himself, he lied and denied that he had any relations to the Son of God.

If you knew that you were going to be put to death if you were a Christian, would you lie to your persecutor just so that you can save your life when you know if you're a Christian and you know that you are going to be able and spend eternal life in heaven?

A lot of you may say that you can ask for forgiveness after the denial. When you ask for forgiveness though, doesn't it mean that you aren't going to do it again? I think that when you ask for forgiveness, you should be sincere and never do it again.
What if you were put in that same situation again and denied yourself being a Christian, and ask for forgiveness....once again. Why would you though? Do you think that you deserve the mercy of God since he has forgiven you for denying him the first time?

Please try and answer those questions that I have asked above if they pertain to you. Thanks.

Also, please tell me if you would deny being a Christian if your life is at risk and why.
Don't give me some crappy answer without supporting yourself.

Wow, that is a hard question. I would like to say that I would not deny Him . But I honestly don't know how I would act depending on the situation.
im not exacty sure what i would do becuz ive never been in the position of being threatened to be killed so i dont think i would deny it but im not 100% sure i d=nt think any one can be for sure
QueenKiKi
im not exacty sure what i would do becuz ive never been in the position of being threatened to be killed so i dont think i would deny it but im not 100% sure i d=nt think any one can be for sure

I can. I'd deny...
well im not really christain so it wouldn't be a lie, but i guess if i strongly believed in my religion i would admit, but then ive never been faced with that kind of decision,
Does being agnostic atheist and denying being a christian or beliving in god when my life is in danger count?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff