Welcome to Gaia! ::

X-Yami-no-Ko-X
DracoJesi
catspook
Wraith of Azrael
Yes, it's a thing.
Yep, it's believed in.
and yea...it can cause A LOT of drama believe it or not.

Well, if it were a thing and believed in, I would be quite surprised if it didn't cause a lot of drama. And frankly, I'd be surprised if it weren't a thing; people have a tendency to weaponize anything they can, religious beliefs being a particularly popular choice.

Witches don't argue about beliefs they argue about correspondences and praxis rofl

You obviously haven't been around here long. Besides the Wicca arguments, beliefs are the next top thing that gets argued between witches.

Eh off and on, mostly on lately..

Dedicated Reveler

4,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Morgenna
Lucky~9~Lives
Morgenna
I've seen a lot of stuff over the years, not just on the internet but hearing it from friends or acquaintances, about other witches sending spells against them, or purposely throwing negative energy around, or being psychic vampires and feeding on unwilling victims. rolleyes

Lately I have seen people taking for granted that this s**t must definitely happen. Had someone tell me that they needed to work on their shielding because they made some other witch upset and they might try to harm them in some unspecified way... rofl

Do people really believe this happens? Because it all just sounds so silly to me. Such a waste of time.

Believing that people are using magic against others seems trivial compared to believing magic is effective.

Yes but that isn't the discussion, I know way too many 'witches' and they sincerely believe this. So I want to know why people think this way and what makes them think anyone cares enough to use the powers of darkness to attack them when all they did was look at their boyfriend or some s**t.

Well if people could, from the comfort of their own home, randomly curse someone, surely some petty person would have it too. It doesn't seem like it would take much effort.

I think what's silly is they even think it would work...
The Herald of War
Morgenna
Lucky~9~Lives
Morgenna
I've seen a lot of stuff over the years, not just on the internet but hearing it from friends or acquaintances, about other witches sending spells against them, or purposely throwing negative energy around, or being psychic vampires and feeding on unwilling victims. rolleyes

Lately I have seen people taking for granted that this s**t must definitely happen. Had someone tell me that they needed to work on their shielding because they made some other witch upset and they might try to harm them in some unspecified way... rofl

Do people really believe this happens? Because it all just sounds so silly to me. Such a waste of time.

Believing that people are using magic against others seems trivial compared to believing magic is effective.

Yes but that isn't the discussion, I know way too many 'witches' and they sincerely believe this. So I want to know why people think this way and what makes them think anyone cares enough to use the powers of darkness to attack them when all they did was look at their boyfriend or some s**t.

Well if people could, from the comfort of their own home, randomly curse someone, surely some petty person would have it too. It doesn't seem like it would take much effort.

I think what's silly is they even think it would work...

It would be better if they did think it silly.
Even if one looks at it from a psychological perspective, it does its damage on the person doing it.

Desirable Sex Symbol

It's funny because the Wiccan oath is "Harm none and do what you will", however if this witch is trying to harm another, she seems like a total hypocrite to me and does not seem worthy to be called Wiccan.

Festive Dabbler

29,590 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Spiral Goddess
It's funny because the Wiccan oath is "Harm none and do what you will", however if this witch is trying to harm another, she seems like a total hypocrite to me and does not seem worthy to be called Wiccan.

Not all witches are Wiccan - the OP never specified that the people she is talking about are Wiccan. She also did not specify gender.

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
Spiral Goddess
It's funny because the Wiccan oath is "Harm none and do what you will",
Citation needed.

Quote:
however if this witch is trying to harm another, she seems like a total hypocrite to me
How?

Quote:
and does not seem worthy to be called Wiccan.
Not all witches are Wiccan. Also you're claim hinges on "Harm none and do what you will" being the "Wiccan oath" and it meaning what you think it means.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Spiral Goddess

1) Rede means "advice" not "oath".
2) The Wiccan Rede ends "Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfil, 'an it harm none do what ye will". Which does not mean "you can't do any harm". It means "If the action does no harm then it conforms to the wiccan rede". Claiming that that statement means "if the action does harm, then it is in violation of the wiccan rede" is logically fallacious. This is not a case of "well that's not how I interpret it", it's a case of "this factually what the words mean and applying your own interpretation to them is misinterpreting them wilfully or ignorantly". In other words, there's zero debate to be had about what the closing rhyming couplet of the Wiccan Rede means. Your incorrect opinion does not stand to reason.

Eloquent Streaker

rmcdra
Morgenna

It's because while they are wasting their time trying to learn lvl 5 Fireball, they don't know the most powerful magic of all. Friendship.

User Image
No, I'm pretty sure Conjuration is the most powerful magic of all. The best wizards are always the ones that can bind demon lords to their will.

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
Requiem ex Inferni
rmcdra
Morgenna

It's because while they are wasting their time trying to learn lvl 5 Fireball, they don't know the most powerful magic of all. Friendship.

User Image
No, I'm pretty sure Conjuration is the most powerful magic of all. The best wizards are always the ones that can bind demon lords to their will.
Looks like somepony didn't see the season 4 finale. emotion_awesome

But whatever, have fun summoning "demons" or "lords" or whatever. I'm sure you'll find whatever it you're looking for doing that.

Malevolent Genius

8,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Morgenna

Eh, it's no more ridiculous than believing in miracles or some divine bearded guy living in the sky and telling us not to masturbate. Leave people to their beliefs, it's just easier.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff