Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Fairy

I have a friend who wont date a guy because he smokes pot and cigarettes. The guy who asked me if she would date him believes that she has stupid reasons to not date him and that she is morally messed up because she is bi and all this other stuff. Do you think morals affect your choice when your dating? what exactly will change your mind? Do you think certain morals do change a relationships quality?
Not really, the guy I like now is a southren conservitive, who is very quiet and not at all outgoing. I, on the other hand, is a loud, outrageous, liberal who loves to have fun! I love people diffrent than me! I wouldn't mind going out with a guy who smokes pot, as long as he doesn't expect it of me^^
True story:

My last ex girlfriend I went out with cause we liked the same stuff. And she was pretty. But well, she turned out to be this really crazy fundementalist who believed that demons are making people do bad things. She also said that my kiss tasted evil. She threatened to break up with me if I went to an anti war ralley. (I just didn't tell her. I do what I need to do. So I went)

So yeah, choose somebody with morals that you agree with not some bs.

Eloquent Fairy

Yeah she likes him as a friend and doesnt want to change that but htis guy keeps saying that she has really stupid reasons for not going out with him. O know her best she is my best friend. She cant date a guy if she is friends with them. she deosnt like smokers. Why is it that some people need something stupid like he doesnt have the right look or something as a reason to not date a person.
Newski

So yeah, choose somebody with morals that you agree with not some bs.

i agree

i'm not going to date someone who does illegal drugs, something that i object to. and if my current partner decides to start it, i'll have a serious discussion with her...

Eloquent Fairy

see perfect decisions are the ones you make. some one elses opinions should not matter you can't change your moral ethics to suit another.
Hai, part and parcel with the package. It's not so simple as 'you think that's ok, ewwwww.' or similar thoughts. Metaphysics and ethics are too much a part of my life. If it didn't come into play in the relationships I hold, it would be a bit false of me.

Eloquent Fairy

To always be true to yourself is what is most inportant. So if some one said something and my morla ethics became envolved I should basically follow my heart.
Not like they have to be completely the same. My girlfriend is still trying to figure out what this whole Kiss army thing is all about and I can't stand Eminem. She is a catholic and I am whatever..... she doesn't believe in pacifism, and believes that violence is a necessary evil. She supports John Kerry I support nobody.

Just have some limits.
purpledemon
To always be true to yourself is what is most inportant. So if some one said something and my morla ethics became envolved I should basically follow my heart.

I'm not exactly sure I would choose such a ... subjective way of phrasing it, but I believe you are moving in the right direction.

Eloquent Fairy

Morals what exactly do you think they are for?
They are an approximation of the human search for and divine revelation of the underlying objective ethic that guides humanity. As such, they are part of our core and intrinsic being. They are who we are meant to be.

Eloquent Fairy

Well put. I was afraid that someone would give be some answer that I could argue. I like yours very general and doesn't have the things like bad or good in it.
*blinks* Good and evil are the aspects of what is and is not. They are part and parcel. One would sort of assume that adherence to the divine will implies adherence to what is good. However, I think your point was that the effort is not intended to be excessively exclusive. That would be correct.
No, morals don't really come into it for me, because I don't really have any. Now, if there was somebody who disagreed with me on what is logical, we might have a problem, depending on how big the differences are.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff