Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello to all you people reading this! I've been very interested in different faiths and religions for a little while now, and I'd like to know what religion you guys are! Have you always been that religion? Did you convert? Please share you're stories!

My religion is a mix between Pantheism and Paganism. I believe that the whole universe is one big divine force, and that 'God' is in every being, every galaxy, everything that exists and ever has existed. Whenever I visit nature or spend time with an animal, I feel a very sacred feeling, like I am getting closer to the Divine. This is the belief of a Pantheist, that God is in everything. I, however, am not a 'pure' pantheist. Pure pantheists do not give this Divine force a gender, nor do they personify this Divine force. I however, do, and this is where the paganism comes in to my belief. I believe that this force is male and female, as being everything is has to have masculine and feminine energy. But I feel that it is more feminine, at least personally to me, and I refer to her as the Universal Mother. I believe that the Universal Mother is made up of many different 'deities', or energies. I think that by praying to different deities, it is easier for you to become closer to the Universal Mother. In this regard, my religion is a multifaith, as I can pray to many different deities from many religions. (Most deities, whether they be classical gods, egyptian, norse, hindu, ect, are the same ideas, just with different names and slightly different stories. But at their basics, they are the same.) I do not LITERALLY believe in all of these God's and Goddesses. My belief in them is very symbolic, and dividing the Universal Mother into all these different ideas and aspects helps me pray more easily, depending on the reason that I am praying, and it feels more personal and fulfilling to me. I do also pray to the Universal Mother as a whole, to thank her for this beautiful universe that we live in. I mostly pray to the goddesses, as it feel's a lot more personal to pray to a feminine force. My main two goddesses are Mother Gaia (Greek Goddess and personification of the Earth), and Aphrodite/Astarte (Goddess of Love, womanhood, fertility) This is all quite detailed, but in the most basic terms, I believe in ONE Universal, Divine God that is in everything, but I believe that this One force is divided into other god's (figuratively) that represent different aspects of the Divine and the Universe as a whole. I incorporate ideas from a lot of different world beliefs and religions. Abrahamic Religions (Islam, Christianity, Judaism) however, do NOT make up any part of my belief. I don't feel any connection, or enjoyment when it comes to these religions, and that is just the way I am. I feel the religion is a very personal thing, and that it is different to every single person, depending on how they see the world,and live their lives. I think that the most important thing is that it makes you happy, and that you are comfortable in your religion (it shouldn't feel forced.) And if somebody only feels comfortable having no religion or faith at all, then that is what is right for them, and that is what they should do.

So share your religions! And if you have no religion, then please tell us how you life you're life, how you think the universe was made, and all about what you value in people and how you think they should life their lifes! biggrin And no fighting please, you have to HAVE RESPECT! It's ok to ask questions, but not in a nasty, abusive way! Thanks~~
Hello!

Abbeon119
This is the belief of a Pantheist, that God is in everything.

The belief of a pantheist is that God is everything.

Abbeon119
I believe that this force is male and female, as being everything is has to have masculine and feminine energy.

Why does it have to?

Liberal Friend

I am non-religious.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
I attempt to combine and live by Christian, Buddhist and Taoist values in my daily life, specifically those that I find useful or truthful, and eschew the rest. I identify as an agnostic atheist or non-religious because I participate in no organized religion and worship/believe in no gods, which is usually what people want to know when they ask me what my religion is.

Dapper Member

I am not religious, nor do I see enough evidence to support the belief in the claim that a god exists. At least not yet.

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I am a Gnostic Agnostic.
I know that I can not know the correct answer to this question.

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Non-religious and also an agnostic atheist. Insufficient evidence that points to the existence of a higher consciousness or power that orchestrates events and allegedly made the universe.

I used to be Catholic and somewhat religious prior to my loss of faith.

Dapper Member

washu_2004
I am a Gnostic Agnostic.
Can you prove that please? How do you know that you cannot know?

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Defenestrate Windows Too
washu_2004
I am a Gnostic Agnostic.

If the question is essentially non-resolvable then you can know that the question can't be resolvable, and in this case the entire debate is dependent on non-falsifiable statements.

The only thing I know for a fact is that I can not prove a case that either proves or disproves the existence of a deity or deitys.

Dapper Member

washu_2004
Defenestrate Windows Too
washu_2004
I am a Gnostic Agnostic.

If the question is essentially non-resolvable then you can know that the question can't be resolvable, and in this case the entire debate is dependent on non-falsifiable statements.

The only thing I know for a fact is that I can not prove a case that either proves or disproves the existence of a deity or deitys.
You have access to all the knowledge in the world? Awesome. Can you show me this and prove to me that instead of just asserting that you know that something is unknowable? You can't just assert that something is non-resolvable. You need to demonstrate that it is that way.

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Defenestrate Windows Too
washu_2004
Defenestrate Windows Too
washu_2004
I am a Gnostic Agnostic.

You have access to all the knowledge in the world? Awesome. Can you show me this and prove to me that instead of just asserting that you know that something is unknowable? You can't just assert that something is non-resolvable. You need to demonstrate that it is that way.

This is all based off available evidence and the unfalsifiable claims made by the positive side of the theist debate. (A being or beings with infinite power can make itself/themselves invisible to any form of mortal detection, thus making it impossible to logically disprove the presence of such a being)

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
washu_2004

This is all based off available evidence and the unfalsifiable claims made by the positive side of the theist debate. (A being or beings with infinite power can make itself/themselves invisible to any form of mortal detection, thus making it impossible to logically disprove the presence of such a being)

That's an easy way out. A philosophical cop-out. Intellectual cowardice from the part of theists and anyone claiming that any being is unknowable because they or that being says so.
Fine, I can't prove nor disprove the existence of a deity or deities, but nor can I prove or disprove the existence of an invisible pink unicorn, a teapot on the moon or any number of other unfalsifiable entities/things...

Eloquent Streaker

I'm irreligious. I do have beliefs that blend aspects of secular humanism and LaVeyan Satanism (especially the Nine Satanic Principles), but not enough of either to claim to be one or the other, and having beliefs is not the same as having a religion.

When it comes to the gods, however, I am strictly agnostic atheist - I don't believe any gods exist, but I don't deny the possibility that, while highly unlikely, some sort of higher power may exist given how little we know about the universe.
washu_2004
Defenestrate Windows Too
washu_2004
I am a Gnostic Agnostic.

One can know that specific deities cannot exist due to inconsistencies and paradoxes. Hence, one knows the correct answer to the question, at least in respect to that specific god.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff