Welcome to Gaia! ::

To answer the question: take your hands and form a box in the air. Then look into the box. What do you see? Nothing. What does it contain? Massive amounts of energy. Probably quadrillions of atoms, and lots of empty space, which itself seethes with activity. The power you hold in your hands probably could, if released all at once, destroy life as we know it on this planet.

And yet, what you are holding is, at the same time, a microcosm of the greater cosmos, if you'll forgive my repeating the term.

Isn't that lovely? It seems you can derive the universe from the study of its parts. I think it's beautiful and really, really awesome.

That's God. The nature of the world around you.
My God just is. A part of everything, eveywhere at once.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
by "God" do you mean it in the generic term for any male OR female deity or only male?

if you mean it to mean any male deity then mine has a few different ways he can look, since my primary male deity is Coyote. sometimes he appears as a normalish coyote, only a little larger, sometimes and anthro coyote, and sometimes a Native American man with a coyote's head.
I don't know what god looks like, but I picture him as an elderly, kindly, yet formidable man, always laughing and smiling with warm brown eyes. He's always been a grandfatherly figure in my mind, the sort from whom you could feel endless love and forgiveness radiating from. I don't know why, it's just my mental picture smile
The God I believe in doesn't have a look, no one knows what He actually looks like. But we have an idea of what Jesus looked like. I often picture God in my mind as a light in the shape of a man. But i can only imagine, i dont actually know. He is all powerfull, He has no begining or end. All of us are His children. etc....
Ri-san
The God I believe in doesn't have a look, no one knows what He actually looks like. But we have an idea of what Jesus looked like. I often picture God in my mind as a light in the shape of a man. But i can only imagine, i dont actually know. He is all powerfull, He has no begining or end. All of us are His children. etc....

Perhaps I mistated my question. What I meant was, when you think of your God (or Goddess for those who have them, or Intangible Universal Life Force for those who believe in that) what do you picture.

No one knows what God looks like and each religion has a different idea, but what do you think He/She/It looks like? What's your personal, individual image of God?
Babybird
There have been a lot of discussions about different religons here , which made me curious. Since nearly every religion has a G!D and every person has a different idea of who/what G!D is, please tell me what your G!D looks like.
Does He/She/It/Them have a corporeal form?
Does He/She/It/Them have superpowers (can shoot lightning bolts, etc)?
Is He/She/It/Them omniscient or all-powerful?
Does He/She/It/Them have kids, parents or a spouse?
Anything else you might like to add would be great. Pleae, be descriptive.

~If by corporeal, you mean like possessing a body, then I don't really think so.
~I don't see G!D as having superpowers
~In a sense, I believe that G!D is everywhere (maybe not everywhere as in the natural realm; maybe the supernatural realm?) but doesn't interfere with natural or supernatural events.
~I don't truly believe in the Holy Trinity or any equivalent, if that's what you're talking about.

I also believe that if all the gods and goddesses in religion and mythology were to exist, they'd all really just have their powers be creations of the same god (take Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love, as an example: she won't exist as a "person", but only her "powers" of love would exist as a sort of creation for the higher power; same goes for all other gods and goddesses).
Eh, why not.

Quote:

Hypothetically, yes. Do they currently... I wouldn't really know, but I see no reason why they couldn't.

Quote:

Eh, sure, why not. They're gods. Gods get all sorts of cool s**t.

Quote:

Nope to omniscient. Just really really smart to the point where ickle mortals like us may not be able to tell the difference. Or I'm pretty sure not.

As for all-powerful, I don't know. Considering my other beliefs, that would require defying logic, or maybe it wouldn't depending, and they could probably do that anyway even if they weren't all-powerful...

Quote:

Well, I/we/group of people would be considered 'kids' in the Shiny Metaphor sense, and possibly outside of that depending on how exactly you would consider something to even be the child of a god.

I've not heard of any parents or spouses or anything like that specifically. I suppose they'd be related to each other in some way, but I'm not sure that could be articulated in family terms.
An male and female almighty, alknowing spirit. not containing any human form. But if i had to visualize him/her as a male and/or female it would either be a hermaphrodite (or genderless) person, or two seperate entities which are married (God and Goddess)

By the way I am a christian, just a Valentinian Gnostic.
My God looks a lot like... Myself.

HS!

Demonic Pumpkin

9,425 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
well...it's not my god, but i know some people who worship jerry garcia...does that count?
My God is a lime green taco.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Babybird

I'm not sure what you mean by corporeal. Do you mean "does it appear in a defined form"?

My God is Leadain, Celtic Dragon God and gaurdian of all the celtic people. As such, he is a large dragon. Scaly, wings, horns, the usual. He's got jet black scales and his eyes are also black, excluding the stars in them (lit).

My Goddess is Anu, Celtic All Mother. She's always been, in my mind, a blonde woman in her, seeming, forties to fifties wearing white loose flowing robes and exuding a yellow glow.

That said the above descriptions are only how I envisage these ancient and all powerful Gods and if I have it wrong I hope that
a) you'll all forgive me
and
b) they won't smite me for it
Babybird

My God is Leadain, Celtic DRAGON God, enough said.
My Goddess gave birth to the cosmos, I'd say that's pretty superpowerish.

Babybird

That's a tough one to answer in a way that will make sense.

They are and they aren't. They have the capacity to be but choose not to be so as to guide us better.

Babybird

Leadain is Anu's son, probably. Anu is the mother of every ancient God in Irish mythology. Often people, not me, pair her off with Cerrnunnos. The ancestry and lineage of the Celtic Gods is a difficult matter to discuss. They were quite prolific when it came to sex.

Babybird
Anything else you might like to add would be great. Pleae, be descriptive.

Sorry, no can do. There are only certain aspects of my religion I'm comfortable rehashing on the net for the eleven millionth time and I don't care to make it eleven million and one. wink
Seriously though, what more is there.
Hm... when I picture god I picture an angry boy in his late teens, with large white wings and a halo spinning around his head. He speaks in a quiet but deep voice and always has one hand to his face and one on his leg.

Yeah, I do think about that alot. heart Nikki
Im a satanist. I am god

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas