Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Is there any Jews out there that believe the prophecy of the four Red Moons?

Im just interested whats your view upon it.

Lunatic

This may sound off-topic, but that sounds really interesting, I never heard about that.

I'm like searching it up right now.

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
an inuit
This may sound off-topic, but that sounds really interesting, I never heard about that.

Well yeah when you find he information and begin to think about it. It's creepy

Timid Seeker

Our pastor mentioned something very briefly about it on sunday.

If something happens, great (for the man who predicted it). If not, then it's even better that Israel is spared any catastrophe.
an inuit

Same reaction here.

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
K-r-e-v-y-e-t-k-a
Our pastor mentioned something very briefly about it on sunday.

If something happens, great (for the man who predicted it). If not, then it's even better that Israel is spared any catastrophe.

Oh, so it's a zero-sum schoolyard bully prediction?

Wherein the kid threatening you says "I could really punch you, and I'm going to, but if I don't it's all because I didn't want to. Not because I can't."

Except in this instance, the kid is Santa Claus.

10,275 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I'm Jewish, and have never heard of this before. Looked it up, though. Doesn't sound like a very 'Jewish' idea. We don't really have an 'End Times'. Instead, we believe that at some point the messiah will come, and the world will only be better. It won't 'end'. There won't be any wars, no more hate, people wouldn't starve, etc. A peaceful time. And, the only thing that might throw people off is when the messiah comes everyone who died beforehand will come back to life. (Kind of like they're zombies... eek ) But, in all reality, we're told to think about only the here and now. Making the world a better place, and/or repairing it, seeking out justice, etc. There isn't a draw for after we die or the 'end of the world'. This is all we have and know about, so we have to make the best of it.

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
shadow22cat
I'm Jewish, and have never heard of this before. Looked it up, though. Doesn't sound like a very 'Jewish' idea. We don't really have an 'End Times'. Instead, we believe that at some point the messiah will come, and the world will only be better. It won't 'end'. There won't be any wars, no more hate, people wouldn't starve, etc. A peaceful time. And, the only thing that might throw people off is when the messiah comes everyone who died beforehand will come back to life. (Kind of like they're zombies... eek ) But, in all reality, we're told to think about only the here and now. Making the world a better place, and/or repairing it, seeking out justice, etc. There isn't a draw for after we die or the 'end of the world'. This is all we have and know about, so we have to make the best of it.

What about the anti Christ?

10,275 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
BATCATGIRL
shadow22cat

What about the anti Christ?

There isn't such a thing in Judaism, since we don't believe in Jesus to begin with. Kind of hard to have an anti- of something that's not in your religion. He may have been a person historically and may have been Jewish, but he's not in our religion.
I clicked on this thread in the vain hope that someone might actually talk about something at least vaguely related to Jewish theology.

I got John ******** Hagee.

Get this Christian bullshit out of my Torah, goy.

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
The Jewish calendar is lunar, so 1/6 of all eclipses occur on Passover and Sukkot.

There have been sixty-two tetrads since the first century CE, and eight of them have coincided with both feasts.

Additionally, three of the four eclipses in this year's tetrad won't even be visible from Israel.

In short, this is just more Christian sensationalism from people trying to scare folks into joining their religion.

(Source)

Aged Lunatic

The Gaza Blockade
I clicked on this thread in the vain hope that someone might actually talk about something at least vaguely related to Jewish theology.

******** A, when did we get the Hebrew Hammer back? ********, man, we've had white nationalists running rampant around here and in Lifestyle...
GunsmithKitten
The Gaza Blockade

******** A, when did we get the Hebrew Hammer back? ********, man, we've had white nationalists running rampant around here and in Lifestyle...
I've been here and there. MegaMan kept banning me like it was his purpose in life so I backed off the site for awhile until his uppity a** ******** back off to whatever fecal refuse pit he crawled out of.

Otherwise it's generally hard to motivate myself to unleash my trademark tongue-lashings when ******** like The Islamic Scholar or whatever are the new breed of regs.

Aged Lunatic

The Gaza Blockade
GunsmithKitten
The Gaza Blockade

I've been here and there. MegaMan kept banning me like it was his purpose in life so I backed off the site for awhile until his uppity a** ******** back off to whatever fecal refuse pit he crawled out of.

Otherwise it's generally hard to motivate myself to unleash my trademark tongue-lashings when ******** like The Islamic Scholar or whatever are the new breed of regs.

It's only gotten worse. Paleoconservative, Chainmaillerman...ugh.

I don't pretend I don't got some problems with Judaism or Israel, but these guys, just....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff