Welcome to Gaia! ::

Will you learn more about LaVeyan Satanism?

Yes 0.40909090909091 40.9% [ 9 ]
No 0.36363636363636 36.4% [ 8 ]
Possibly 0.22727272727273 22.7% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 22 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

Vermillion Cultist

Let me get something out of the way. LaVeyan Satanism is not worship of the devil. That is known as Theistic Satanism. Theistic Satanism believes that Satan is actual force or being to revere. LaVeyan Satanists, like myself, believe Satan to be a symbol of mans' inherent nature.

LaVeyan Satanists follow eleven rules:
1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

9. Do not harm little children.

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

The above taken directly from the Church of Satan website, which you can view here.

No holy book, no scripts, scrolls, or documents. Just eleven simple rules, written by a man named Anton Szandor LaVey.

A reminder:these aren't the sins. Those will be covered in a later section.

Now, some of these rules seem crazy or outlandish, but I ask you to look to the Bible. Their religious figure somehow rose from the dead, turned his body into bread and blood into wine, and walked on water. Seem so ridiculous now?

---------------------------------------------------------

There are nine (9) Satanic statements, wholly accepted truths.

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence.

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams.

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit.

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates.

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek.

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

The above taken directly from the Church of Satan website, which you can view here.

Are these statements really so horrid that Satanism be hidden from public view? Are they so bad, so negative that LaVeyan Satanism be to blame for all negativity, for all murder?

-----------------------

Lastly, the nine Satanic sins, according to Anton LaVey:

1. Stupidity. Our society thrives on stupidity. Jersey Shore, anyone?

2. Pretentiousness.

3. Solipsism, or the view or theory that the self is all that can be known to exist.

4. Self-deceit. Never lie to yourself.

5. Herd conformity. Only fools follow the herd, letting the media tell you who you are.

6. Lack of perspective. Never lose sight of who you are and threat you can be to your enemies.

7. Forgetfulness of past orthodoxies. Do not forget the old practices, theories, and concepts when the new arrives.

8. Counterproductive pride. If pride works for you, great. When it stops working for you and starts working against you, you're screwed.

9. Lack of aesthetics. It's hard to explain, and requires a deep understanding of the Balance Factor.

-----------------------------------

If I've piqued your curiosity on the rarely-broaches topic of Satanism, by all means visit the Church of Satan website. This post was intended as a basic introduction and to help people understand that LaVeyan Satanism is

Not An Evil Morality.

gorillagripgucci's Compadre

Duck

As a Catholic, I do not understand the worships of Satanism. But I do respect that it is other people's religion, even so it goes against my own. It helps to make it clear for me.
And I thank you for that.

Don't hate on me

Tainiae's Partner

Amorous Ladykiller

Thank you for putting this here again. I'm positive there are other threads for LaVeyan Satanism, though. (I'm not saying this as if I have a huge problem with it.)

Off-topic:
Every time I read #5 I think of this.

Shameless Mystic

Solipsism is wisdom, and vehement rejection of it is a lack thereof. To be without solipsism is to practice self deceit.

Unwise demands from an unwise man, so proud he cannot see his pride when damning it...

Zealot

Sounds like a super-edgy version of secular humanism. I fear they may be breaching the second sin.
It's basically just atheism with rituals and often, asshatery.
CoS is a waste of time, and really anybody who pays $200 for a card is a fool.
I've always found The Satanic Temple to be a much nicer crowd.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I don't really see the point of it all, but as long as you're not hurting anyone I don't give a damn.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Except for 7, this is pretty much what I believe (I'm also atheistic, not theistic, sorry).

Do you call him/it Satan, or other interchangeable names?

Heroic Hero

Modern Satanism is just a flashy form of atheism.

Whether you believe in an actual Satan or no, I believe that the Satan in the Bible would be pleased with either result.
Title is misleading, there are more flavors of Satanism than just LeVayan and "Theistic." :/ I was hoping for a broader discussion.

Quote:

LaVeyanism - These Satanists take their name from Anton Szandor LaVey, who authored The Satanic Bible and founded the Church of Satan (C.o.S.) in 1966. They are atheists and reject religiousness and believe that all God's have been created in the minds of men. LaVey defined and created the 9 Satanic Sins, The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth, and the general philosophy for most forms of Satanism. LaVey viewed Satan as an imaginary character who represents the dark force in nature.

Modern - This type also is an atheistic approach to Satanism. Some consider themselves to be LaVeyan but are the non-joiners of the CoS. Modern Satanists more or less came into being after Anton LaVey's daughter, Karla LaVey, split off from the Church of Satan due to differences in Satanic ideals. Karla is now a High Priestess of the First Satanic Church, which claims to be a closer spirit to that of her father's teachings. Modern Satanists are also distinguished by the non-joiner's of the organization the COS. A few modern organizations worth mentioning are the Temple of the Horned God, and the Satanic International Network.

Setians - They believe the Prince of Darkness, Set, is a god who is responsible for creating consciousness (the ability to perceive, to be aware, and take deliberate action). To understand this we must delve into Egyptian history so that we can grasp the Setians concept called Xeper (pronounced Kheffer or keff-fer). Xeper means “I have come into being.” The Egyptian sun god, Ra, would proclaim Xeper each morning at dawn after his nocturnal journey into the underworld. Set would protect Ra during this journey from Apep, the serpent of darkness and chaos. While protecting Ra, Set made it possible for the sun to “Xeper” each morning. This myth is symbolic of Set's power to allow us to become newly created beings with each self-determined action that we take in life. Setianism was founded by Dr. Michael A. Aquino in 1975. Aquino was a priest at Church of Satan until LaVey and himself got into a dispute regarding the existence of the Dark Prince. He then started his own church, Temple of Set. One night Michael Aquino supposedly wrote the Setian holy text, The Book of Forth Coming Light, during a ritual in which he channeled the Prince of Darkness.

Demonolators - The belief that there are actual demons who are representative of different Pre-Christ pagan deities. Demonolators use ritual and meditation to "contact" demons and ask for their assistance with happenings in their lives. who honor demons rather than Satan himself.

Diabolators - This is a more generalized term which is open to a variety of theological views within Satanism. Diabolators believe in Satan and believe in worshiping him. The organizations dedicated to the Devil worshiping are Church of Azazel, Order of Eternal Darkness, and Temple of Diabolical Youth.

Deistic/Pantheistic - They are like LaVeyanist in that they do not believe in Satan as an anthropomorphic being. They believe Satan to be an impersonal force which is one with all things. Also, they focus on the Dark Doctrines which are based upon the assumption of history that the Hebrew word Satan is derived from a pair of Sanskrit terms, “Sat” meaning pure existence, and “Tan” meaning stretching forth. Sat is the force of being which causes all and everything to exist. Tan is the force that causes evolution and metamorphosis. The 2 primary churches are the First Church of Satan (in Salem, Mass.) and the Satanic Reds.

Duotheists - Christian-based Duotheists are theistic Satanists who believe in a form of Satanism that is essentially inversie Christianity. They believe Satan isn't a god, but rather the bible based fallen angel who has rebelled against the Creator and is attempting to take, by force, the Creator's throne.

Theistic - Theism is the belief that at least one deity exists. There are 3 different kinds of Theistic Satanism, all of which are listed below.
Gnostic - They believe Satan and the Christian God exist and that Satan created the world. They are distinguished by the conviction that Godhead (enlightenment) can be reached through gnosis (or knowledge). The Gnostic Satanist believes in order to reach Godhead they should indulge themselves in worldly pleasures. Satan is acknowledged as the serpent that is depicted within the story of Adam and Eve. Therefore Lucifer is worshiped as the Bringer of Light (knowledge), who helps overcome the imperfections of the earthly existence by enticing us to indulge rather than self-denial.
Luciferianism- They embrace the idea of Lucifer as a spiritual and enlightened being. While they incorporate the enjoyment of one's life, they accept that there are greater and more spiritual goals. Many see Satan as the carnal, rebellious, and materialistic aspect while Lucifer is the enlightened and spiritual side. This represents a dichotomy between light and dark.
Spiritual - They believe in the existence of Satan as an actual being. Satan is perceived to be the creator of humankind. Spiritual Satanists firmly conceive Satanism predates Christianity by thousands of years and is based upon a plenary transformation of the soul. Questioning everything is highly encouraged along with exploring knowledge to become self-sufficient. Most will use ritual to commit to Satan.

See also: http://theisticsatanism.com/geifodd/varieties.html
So what is the point of this religion?

I mean, All the times I've heard of these satanist religions, all i hear about are orgy's and trolling of abusing your status of being a religion (like giving out satanic coloring books to second graders).
LoveLoud837

I mean, All the times I've heard of these satanist religions, all i hear about are orgy's and trolling of abusing your status of being a religion (like giving out satanic coloring books to second graders).

How is that trolling?
GSK Lives
LoveLoud837

How is that trolling?

Coloring books, to second graders teaching them about satan? They did it for no other reason than a group got to give them bibles.
LoveLoud837

Coloring books, to second graders teaching them about satan?

And that's different from Christians making entire television programs for children to teach them about Jehova how?

And that's also not counting handing them Chick tracts or the like.
GSK Lives
LoveLoud837

Coloring books, to second graders teaching them about satan?

And that's different from Christians making entire television programs for children to teach them about Jehova how?

And that's also not counting handing them Chick tracts or the like.

I mean, don't you think Christianity is on a completely higher level than satanism?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff