Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reagun Ban
Newski
A symbol has all the power and meaning you attach to it.

Combined with the power and meaning that others attch to it.

True. Would you believe that I have a swastika? Its a charm, because of its original meaning as a token of good luck. I don't show it because I know how bad the symbol itself could be, so I keep it in my pocket for me alone. Its not really a religious symbol to me more of a spiritual one. Unfortunately, its meaning has changed and it is associated with evil.

Quite the opposite of, say, the Peace sign. That was at first an anti christian symbol, a broken cross. But what do people associate it with? Peace. So that is what it becomes.

And symbols, whether religious or non religious, all have the power that is attributed to them.

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Newski
True. Would you believe that I have a swastika? Its a charm, because of its original meaning as a token of good luck. I don't show it because I know how bad the symbol itself could be, so I keep it in my pocket for me alone. Its not really a religious symbol to me more of a spiritual one. Unfortunately, its meaning has changed and it is associated with evil.

Both Buddhists and Norse Reconstructionalists hold the swatika as a religious item, actually. For the Buddhists it is a symbol of peace and prosperity, and for the Norse Recons it's the sun wheel.
Deoridhe
Newski

Both Buddhists and Norse Reconstructionalists hold the swatika as a religious item, actually. For the Buddhists it is a symbol of peace and prosperity, and for the Norse Recons it's the sun wheel.

Isn't the Buddhists symbol in reverse of the swatika? And its true that its meaning has change due some major world historical events.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff