Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

should dolls wear sacred clothing?

yes 0.6875 68.8% [ 22 ]
no 0.3125 31.2% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 32 ]
1 2 3 >

well, i was looking around on den of angels (a forum solely for asian ball jointed dolls) and i came across a very interesting thread.

Religious BJDs

and one girl brought up the fact that a mormon would be very offended if she saw a doll wearing temple garments (sacred undergarments we receive after we go through a rigorous set of steps to become worthy enough to ender the temple and receive our endowments and garments.)

then i got to thinking, would i be offended if the owner of the doll took the doll through the steps to getting little temple garments? would it even work or would the bishop laugh you out of the room during your dollie's first interview?

at first i thought the question was black and white; temple garments are sacred and shouldn't be on play things. but then i started thinking, dolls cannot sin, so why shouldn't they be allowed to try and be worthy as long as the owner is worthy as well? it is very late and i'm thinking about this tonight. the other night i was thinking about colors that don't exist. i am not well versed in other religions but i imagine the saame question would go for any sacred garments that you have to be worthy to obtain and wear.

discuss:
should dolls be allowed to wear small sacred garments?
can dolls even be worthy to wear them?
to fellow brothers and sisters: what would you think if you saw a doll wearing temple garments?

Phantom

I think you have too much free time.

Friendly Lunatic

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but dolls don't have souls.
Blairnensha

Oh, sure. You tell me this AFTER the exorcism.

Friendly Lunatic

Elf Lord Chiewn
Blairnensha

-_- exceptional circumstances notwithstanding.
Blairnensha
Elf Lord Chiewn
Blairnensha

-_- exceptional circumstances notwithstanding.

If a doll requires exorcism, is it still sinless?
Blairnensha

that you know of, and if they do or not, that is your religious leaders to decide i suppose. lets say for sake of argument that they don't have souls and people are just putting sacred garments on them for the fun of it.
Blairnensha
Why not?
Dolls do not have souls,!! and it is no different then say,, children in Affrica dressing their dolls in American clothes,,,,the dolls are neither American or Affrican so it makes no difference how you dress them, the only way it would make a difference I think, would be if you are not supposed to play with dolls at all,,,, smile
It is the prerogative of a religious member to become offended at the various representations of the membership of their faith in print and other outside media where used for entertainment...

That said, this does not make it any less silly were people to throw a hissy-fit over someone making a doll with accurate facsimiles of their temple garments.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Ananel
It is the prerogative of a religious member to become offended at the various representations of the membership of their faith in print and other outside media where used for entertainment...

That said, this does not make it any less silly were people to throw a hissy-fit over someone making a doll with accurate facsimiles of their temple garments.

This
Yeah, dolls should be allowed to wear whatever the maker wants. If what they wear is offensive or off-putting to enough people then it won't sell and the doll will eventually go out of production. That's the beauty of capitalism. It's not about being worthy or not, clearly people who aren't a part of your religion don't care about that stuff, it's about being sell-able. I don't really see how an inanimate object could be worthy of much of anything in that regard as it has no way to earn respect or "worthiness".
Assuming the dolls were of the voodoo variety, I should very much think that it would be rather unfair of them to get to wear robes they didn't earn.

On the other hand, they don't have souls so much as represent beings who do, so ******** it. Let them wear the robes. Plus, I'm not a mormon and the robes have no intrinsic value to them besides what we as humans put on them, so I'm not so worried.

5,100 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Blairnensha
*cries*

but seriously as much as I want to call culture rape they have a right to dress dolls as they please.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff