No. 0.5 50.0% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 30 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
There must be souls, because without them there would be no purpose for Soul Society and we wouldn't need shinigami and Bleach would just be a fictional story!

Wait a minute...

Liberal Lionheart

8,525 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Yes and no.

Abandon it cause who the hell knows what happens after we're dead? No one living. (and no I don't trust the people who come back claiming they saw the other side.) And making claims is just holding us back, focusing on hypotheticals. When we're dead, then we can worry about our souls. (if we can)

Don't cause you can't. As long as people have questions about the afterlife, they are going to come up with their own theories and ideas. (some become more notable than others.) And questioning things, even the afterlife rolleyes , is necessary in the advancement of society.

Moral of the story: Making claims = Bad Questioning = Good But we really can't have one without the other.... so meh. My head hurts.

Enduring Seeker

6,475 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Marathon 300
amoreroma
Abandon it cause who the hell knows what happens after we're dead? No one living. (and no I don't trust the people who come back claiming they saw the other side.) And making claims is just holding us back, focusing on hypotheticals. When we're dead, then we can worry about our souls. (if we can)

Don't cause you can't. As long as people have questions about the afterlife, they are going to come up with their own theories and ideas. (some become more notable than others.) And questioning things, even the afterlife rolleyes , is necessary in the advancement of society.

You can't abandon and not abandon the notion of a soul.

amoreroma
Moral of the story: Making claims = Bad Questioning = Good But we really can't have one without the other.... so meh. My head hurts.

Why not?

Liberal Lionheart

8,525 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Nerdologist
amoreroma

amoreroma

Why not?

That was my point. My opinion on why I could go either way. Why "Yes" and why "No"

You can't make a claim without atleast thinking about it first. X) And society can't really question things without some people making claims.

Enduring Seeker

6,475 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Marathon 300
amoreroma
Nerdologist
amoreroma

amoreroma

Why not?

That was my point. My opinion on why it could go either way. Why "Yes" and why "No"

Oh, okay. The way you wrote it suggested that you thought people ought to do both simultaneously.

amoreroma
You can't make a claim without atleast thinking about it first.

I don't think thought requires questioning.

amoreroma
X) And society can't really question things without some people making claims.

Unless by "question" you just mean "ask questions about."

Liberal Lionheart

8,525 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Nerdologist
amoreroma
Nerdologist
amoreroma

amoreroma

Why not?

That was my point. My opinion on why it could go either way. Why "Yes" and why "No"

Oh, okay. The way you wrote it suggested that you thought people ought to do both simultaneously.

amoreroma
You can't make a claim without atleast thinking about it first.

I don't think thought requires questioning.

amoreroma
X) And society can't really question things without some people making claims.

Unless by "question" you just mean "ask questions about."

Sorry that was confusing. X)
By questioning I mean considering other options.(And think about it as in like "Think about it. Consider other options." ) Society doesn't typically consider other options without some people putting all their eggs in one basket. At least from what I've observed of society. :L

Enduring Seeker

6,475 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Marathon 300
amoreroma
Society doesn't typically consider other options without some people putting all their eggs in one basket. At least from what I've observed of society. :L

And some think they know enough to rule out the other options merely because they have learned about other viewpoints from people who share their own viewpoint. But clearly those people are often biased against and unqualified to teach about what they don't believe in themselves.

Liberal Lionheart

8,525 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Nerdologist
amoreroma
Society doesn't typically consider other options without some people putting all their eggs in one basket. At least from what I've observed of society. :L

And some think they know enough to rule out the other options merely because they have learned about other viewpoints from people who share their own viewpoint. But clearly those people are often biased against and unqualified to teach about what they don't believe in themselves.
Exactly. And those same people ostracize others for considering other possible views or questioning theirs. And at the same time, no one knows anything 100%, so those many many theories/views are just educated guesses at best.

Hilarious Lunatic

I think a soul is a ghost.
Fermionic
Their genome was different. the sequencing was different.
Calling it different because he added a few watermarks is also cheating.

Fermionic
Life =/= cell membrane.

I have grown tired of skirting the issue; are you asserting that the "soul"; the supernatural life-endowing quantity, is attached to the cell membrane of the cell, hence why it is not an example of a creation of life?
I don't know.
Kaworu 17
Fermionic
I have grown tired of skirting the issue; are you asserting that the "soul"; the supernatural life-endowing quantity, is attached to the cell membrane of the cell, hence why it is not an example of a creation of life?
I don't know.

Why?

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
The soul is what makes a person a person. Its you down to your very core without the meat and brains and stuff. Its the energy that started at the big bang or whatever caused this world to spiral into creation. Its that light in our eyes.

The body can survive on a vent move around survive ...but is that really living ?

When no ones home and the lights are not on that's when a soul leaves the body. When your good and dead and there's just a husk .

your body houses your soul you live you die ,but your souls like the energy the universe gave you the moment your cell started splitting ..When you die your soul your energy leaves you.

lol I don't know its what I think

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Fullmetal Gurren Titan
I think a soul is a ghost.

Why?

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
xtigsx
The soul is what makes a person a person. Its you down to your very core without the meat and brains and stuff. Its the energy that started at the big bang or whatever caused this world to spiral into creation. Its that light in our eyes.

The body can survive on a vent move around survive ...but is that really living ?

When no ones home and the lights are not on that's when a soul leaves the body. When your good and dead and there's just a husk .

your body houses your soul you live you die ,but your souls like the energy the universe gave you the moment your cell started splitting ..When you die your soul your energy leaves you.

Why would you think that?

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
The Legendary Guest
xtigsx

Why would you think that?

because we all are burning the same energy animals and people. The same energy that was at the start of the earth. When an animal dies or a human dies we return that energy back into the universe. Its causes a lot of entropy which eventually we'll need something to reset that

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff