Welcome to Gaia! ::

ok I just thought about this! ok... if you died today, and you were wrong about Christianity! if you just thought it was some stupid joke, and never took it seriously you would go 2 Hell!!! But, if a christian was wrong, they would just be dead! what's worse? dead like everyone else, or in Hell for eternity? you tell me!
I think dead like everyone else is worse. I prefer to die and die for what i believe in, than cast away my beliefs and grovel for mercy. I'd prefer to burn in hell, then me and satan can have a party for eternity, or plan to siege heaven by storm. Then again, i pose a question for you, What if you were worshiping the wrong "god"?And its really satan in charade that youre worshiping? What if its some alien? What if you die and realize i was right and you were wrong? YOu see we will never know, until we reach the end of our days.

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Revelations 20:13: "And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works."

blaugh
About the burning in hell... it really wont be party will the devil! it will be eternal tourment FOREVER!!! ouch!

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
mglaze001
About the burning in hell... it really wont be party will the devil! it will be eternal tourment FOREVER!!! ouch!

Faith based in fear of punishment is a paltry and sad thing. Faith based in love is a gift.
Deoridhe
Revelations 20:13: "And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works."

blaugh
Likewise, Matthew 25 clearly states that people who don't actually follow the law of love are screwed, regardless of whether they believe in God or not, while those that do follow it go to heaven, regardless of whether they believe or not. And so, since Pascal's wager encourages faith for selfish purposes, it damns people to hell. heart
mglaze001
ok I just thought about this! ok... if you died today, and you were wrong about Christianity! if you just thought it was some stupid joke, and never took it seriously you would go 2 Hell!!! But, if a christian was wrong, they would just be dead! what's worse? dead like everyone else, or in Hell for eternity? you tell me!
Wow. That reasoning works. That is, until you introduce every other religion into the world. Hey, maybe I decided I would be Hindu, so I could get mokhsha, rather than be atheist, where I'd suffer numerous rebirths. What makes Christianity more likely to be right than Hinduism?
As far as I see, there is no eternal torment, but a second death spoken of in the Bible. Everyone who hasn't believed Christ, and washed themselves clean of Christ's sacriface are judged and punished according to their deeds, and then sent to their 2nd deaths.
I don't want anyone to become a christian out of fear! that is not really christianity, but God cant stand sin! and Jesus died so that if we confesse our sins, God can accept us to be with him!

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
mglaze001
I don't want anyone to become a christian out of fear!

If you don't want people to become Christian out of fear, then why are you talking about possible torment in the afterlife instead of talking about the experience of love in your current life? Honestly, the statement: "About the burning in hell... it really wont be party will the devil! it will be eternal tourment FOREVER!!! ouch!" sounds an awful lot like trying to motivate people via the fear of being in pain after death.
I'm just telling the truth, God talked more about Hell than he did about Heaven, he was trying to warn us. And if people think that Hell is a party and want to go there then... well what do you think about that? And being a Christian is actually really hard. being a Christian doesn't garentee you a great life!
Can anyone practice true love cause another threatened to kill? I don't believe so. Therefore simply look towards the virtues that one is to live, that is compassion, self control, gratitude, tolernace, kindeness, etc, etc. And believe in Christ laid down his life, that we may have eternal life with Him.
Deoridhe
mglaze001

Faith based in fear of punishment is a paltry and sad thing. Faith based in love is a gift.

But then what is christianity today?
As influenced by time, by the church..
You see, it is thru fear and terror that the church controls its followers. Since the time of martyrs, an enemy as unified the church and its followers. Whenever there is an enemy-they assume a battle ready stance, but this stance is only temporary and isnt stable.
As to the love aspect, because of today's generation the bible has been slowly warped into something that it-in essence- isnt, from god-fearing it is now god-loving among many other things.....
Behold
mglaze001
I'm just telling the truth, God talked more about Hell than he did about Heaven, he was trying to warn us. And if people think that Hell is a party and want to go there then... well what do you think about that? And being a Christian is actually really hard. being a Christian doesn't garentee you a great life!
What happens to the Christian who finds out that the Bible is wrong, and Sikhism is the One True Religion?
Would you then try to follow every religion in the world, despite the fact that they may contradict each other on some issues?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff