Welcome to Gaia! ::

King INRI
If God does exist...

By calling him that, one could consider this thread a declaration of your opposition to God.

So if God does exist, why so mad and call names?
I am just pointing out that there is a very large probability that he doesn't exist. I am saying though--if he does.
It's just another word. It's just my opinion. You completely ignored the question and missed the point of this. Unless you would like to contribute to an on-topic conversation, please leave.
ataraxia_atomos
everything cited was violence or ignorance committed by the hands of men.

Oh, and also-- you have to realize that God created violence and ignorance and knew exactly how everything could and would play out in the end sense he is all-knowing.
The Credits
ataraxia_atomos

Oh, and also-- you have to realize that God created violence and ignorance and knew exactly how everything could and would play out in the end sense he is all-knowing.

You are ignorant. You are claiming to know things that are impossible to know. Have you met God? NO. Have you spoke with God in a one on one dialogue? NO. Can you even prove their is a God? NO. All these things YOU BELIEVE, whether you made it up or it came from a book, i.e. "The Holy" Bible. How do you know God is all knowing? How do you know God is a 'he'? How do you Know god created violence? What book are you pulling all this from. Step outside of your made up world of beliefs then our discussion can begin. You are a child both ignorant and fattened by arrogance to even begin to claim you know any of this. There is no proof for any of it. Only faith, you should reconsider how to go about it....

Just to prove how absolutely incorrect your argument is I will temporarily personify God. You are angry you call God a pk. Due to your logic God made you call God a pk? Senseless.

The solution to your problem if your going to continue down the route your on is simple. Stop being so hateful, ignorant, and rude. If you are to love God or the idea of God and continue forth with a virtuous life(with or without)a standing concept of God, you will find things more fufilling. Truly.

You speak about hate, but you perpetuate it with your very own words? What then is the goal to all of this. It is beginning to sound like the goal is to nag. You have recognized that there is a vice, violence, stop dwelling on it and rise above it already. Become a man(or woman)of action.
The Credits
King INRI
If God does exist...

By calling him that, one could consider this thread a declaration of your opposition to God.

So if God does exist, why so mad and call names?
I am just pointing out that there is a very large probability that he doesn't exist. I am saying though--if he does.
It's just another word. It's just my opinion. You completely ignored the question and missed the point of this. Unless you would like to contribute to an on-topic conversation, please leave.

Firstly, you never pointed out that he doesn't exist. You only explained that he is a "p***k" and asked us to explain why we follow him.

Secondly, I may require a source for your "very large probability". Probability is how likely something is to happen. As far as I can tell, nobody has proven God exists or doesn't. I have to assume since I have not seen him myself, that God is just as probable as God is improbable (Faith and religion is a different matter).

Lastly, I chose to ignore because your thread irritates me. I can't correctly determine which definition of "p***k" you are meaning. I also cannot understand why he must be one at all, considering nobody has proof that he does or doesn't exist.

-I'm assuming at this point you don't like this God figure very much. But if you don't believe in him, then why are you so angry at him? Do you hate the influence of God? The followers who believe in God? The very idea of God? I may be dull, but your thread is hard to stay on-topic, mainly because I cannot see a clear topic.

That is all.
ataraxia_atomos
The Credits
ataraxia_atomos

You are ignorant. You are claiming to know things that are impossible to know. Have you met God? NO. Have you spoke with God in a one on one dialogue? NO. Can you even prove their is a God? NO. All these things YOU BELIEVE, whether you made it up or it came from a book, i.e. "The Holy" Bible. How do you know God is all knowing? How do you know God is a 'he'? How do you Know god created violence? What book are you pulling all this from. Step outside of your made up world of beliefs then our discussion can begin. You are a child both ignorant and fattened by arrogance to even begin to claim you know any of this. There is no proof for any of it. Only faith, you should reconsider how to go about it....

Just to prove how absolutely incorrect your argument is I will temporarily personify God. You are angry you call God a pk. Due to your logic God made you call God a pk? Senseless.

The solution to your problem if your going to continue down the route your on is simple. Stop being so hateful, ignorant, and rude. If you are to love God or the idea of God and continue forth with a virtuous life(with or without)a standing concept of God, you will find things more fufilling. Truly.

You speak about hate, but you perpetuate it with your very own words? What then is the goal to all of this. It is beginning to sound like the goal is to nag. You have recognized that there is a vice, violence, stop dwelling on it and rise above it already. Become a man(or woman)of action.
Don't get your panties in a bunch.
Why the hell are you sitting here saying that I shouldn't be ignorant and assume things, and then turning around and telling me that I should live a "virtuous" life if I want my life to be fulfilling? virtuous: conforming to moral and ethical principles; morally excellent; upright: Lead a virtuous life.
Who are you to say what is moral? Morals are something you create for yourself--not for others.
I don't speak about hate, or out of hate. I simply want to know why people blindly follow some person that they've never met, seen, or spoken to for themselves.
I base everything off of the information that I have been given. If you haven't noticed--this is a discussion about the Christian God. Seeing as though the book was written because of him and about his stories of creation and so forth--this is the only sorce we have to go off of.
Please, while having this discussion speak of him as though he is a book character. Which is what I have been doing seeing as though you are correct; there is no proof as to whether or not God does exist.
And according to the bible, God is all-knowing and created everything (which is why Christian's believe we should worship him). This, logically, means that he put together my personality. Which in turn he created the way I think about everything--including him.
I understand him making me call him a p***k wouldn't make any ******** sense--this was my point. None of this crap makes any sense. Not Noah's Ark, Adam and Eve, or the whole freaking basic idea of the religion in general. My original point was that all of these people are blindly following a God who most likely doesn't exist and none of the rest of it makes any sense to support it either.
If God did exist than why would he make something that is practically a self-destruct button, and then purposefully tempt someone to push it? It is illogical, no one would ever do that. And if someone were to do that than that person would be an idiot and kind of an a**. Hense the reason I refer to God as a p***k. You don't create someone so that they must eat to live, put them right next to an apple, and then tell them they can't ever eat it and if they do than they ruin the rest of the world forever.
As for me "believing it whether I made it up or it came from the bible," makes no sense. I would not believe these things about God if they weren't ever written.
It makes you angry that I suggest you live a virtuous life? I don't understand? You are so full of anger and ignorance. You do not understand virtue. You copied and pasted a definition.

I'm suggesting you be kind to people, it is its own reward? You're saying that one should hate? Once more I don't understand...

Allow me to do some copying and pasting of my own for your benefit.

Luke 6:31
New International Version (NIV)
31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Do you think God would consider you a pk? This is his 'divine word' according to you. Do not call God a pk again. Do not even consider it until you've grown up.

If it is a Christians standpoint you'd like I can copy and paste all night deary, absorbing the virtue from every line I read and never for a moment calling myself a Christian. However on the other end of the spectrum we have yourself a not virtuous, immature, God insulting 'Christian'. You will only outgrow this when you choose to.

Btw ppl like you helped me to discover a higher and albeit more knowledgeable path.

Marcher avec Dieu petite fille. It means 'Walk with God little girl.' or 'Go with God child.'
King INRI

Firstly, you never pointed out that he doesn't exist. You only explained that he is a "p***k" and asked us to explain why we follow him.

Secondly, I may require a source for your "very large probability". Probability is how likely something is to happen. As far as I can tell, nobody has proven God exists or doesn't. I have to assume since I have not seen him myself, that God is just as probable as God is improbable (Faith and religion is a different matter).

Lastly, I chose to ignore because your thread irritates me. I can't correctly determine which definition of "p***k" you are meaning. I also cannot understand why he must be one at all, considering nobody has proof that he does or doesn't exist.

-I'm assuming at this point you don't like this God figure very much. But if you don't believe in him, then why are you so angry at him? Do you hate the influence of God? The followers who believe in God? The very idea of God? I may be dull, but your thread is hard to stay on-topic, mainly because I cannot see a clear topic.

That is all.
1. It is irrelevant. We are referring to how he is written as in the Bible. Doesn't actually matter whether or not he is real.
2. The fact that evolution has proven how humans and every other living organism have came to be what they are today. Men were not made from mud and women were not made from a man's rib. Sin is not here because someone who never existed at an apple off a tree. And a man did not turn water into wine magically. These things are completely and utterly impossible--as proven by science. If he did not do any of these things, the things which his book is most known for, than that therefore means that he is not the same person he was written as in the book. This means that he is a different "God" just going by the same name. The God from the bible doesn't exist because all of the things he has said to have done have been proven impossible by science.
3. Than you shouldn't have bothered to post in the first place. Oh, and just to clear things up for you, I was calling him an a*****e. And I was referring to the character from the bible.

-I hate the influence, the followers, and the fact that people blindly believe and follow this crazy book character because he may or may not exist and or be the creator of everything. People kill people in his name, and for who? Some a*****e who (according to their Bible) never really treated our race with any respect to begin with? It's pointless. Why would anyone want to believe in or worship a man like this?
Don't question something that you don't understand or simply know nothing about, it won't do any good and is a waste of time.
Kodo_Giasu
Don't question something that you don't understand or simply know nothing about, it won't do any good and is a waste of time.
How are you supposed to learn new things if you don't question that which you don't understand?
The Credits
Kodo_Giasu
How are you supposed to learn new things if you don't question that which you don't understand?

In this case, even if I were to give you an answer from a Catholics view, I doubt you would understand. The best thing you could do, if you are actually willing to "learn" is read the Bible.

Also I might be wrong, but from your question, the way it is worded, doesn't really show you're serious about this or you just lack respect for religion and peoples beliefs.
Oh and in no way, am i trying to be rude. If you really want an answer I will, though I just see it as a waste of time if you have already closed your mind to the thought of a God.

I will add I belong to no faith, but I could answer from a view that I grew up a Catholic in a Catholic household.
ataraxia_atomos
It makes you angry that I suggest you live a virtuous life? I don't understand? You are so full of anger and ignorance. You do not understand virtue. You copied and pasted a definition.

I'm suggesting you be kind to people, it is its own reward? You're saying that one should hate? Once more I don't understand...

Allow me to do some copying and pasting of my own for your benefit.

Luke 6:31
New International Version (NIV)
31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Do you think God would consider you a pk? This is his 'divine word' according to you. Do not call God a pk again. Do not even consider it until you've grown up.

If it is a Christians standpoint you'd like I can copy and paste all night deary, absorbing the virtue from every line I read and never for a moment calling myself a Christian. However on the other end of the spectrum we have yourself a not virtuous, immature, God insulting 'Christian'. You will only outgrow this when you choose to.

Btw ppl like you helped me to discover a higher and albeit more knowledgeable path.

Marcher avec Dieu petite fille. It means 'Walk with God little girl.' or 'Go with God child.'
If no one hates than no one will ever truly appreciate love.

I don't mind people calling me a p***k, an a*****e, a b***h, I honestly don't get offended easily by people whom I don't know. I have no reason to care what God thinks about me. If any of that is real than I am going to hell anyway.
I don't see why you are getting so offended, as though I called you a p***k.
I don't understand where you are getting not virtuous from--it is all in the eyes of the beholder. I personally believe that what I say and do is morally correct on some level--I say everything I say for a reason. That reason isn't to offend you or to piss you off. It is simply to try and help you see things from a different perspective.
I never claimed to be a 'Christian.' So I am not quite sure why you put that there. I made it very clear that I am not a Christian. I am not "not virtuous," my morals are simply different from yours. And you, sir, are being no more mature than I am; seeing as though you pretty much ignored everything I said to you even though I have made a few very good points which you've just shrugged off and skipped over for the sake of arguing.
I can tell you are so much more intelligent than I am because you're older and therefore wiser than I. I apologize for offending you, sir, and I hope to one day be just as knowledgeable as you for you are greater than I. /bows <sarcasm>
And thanks for the translation but I already knew what that meant--I am not as uneducated as you seem to think.
The Credits
1. It is irrelevant. We are referring to how he is written as in the Bible. Doesn't actually matter whether or not he is real.
2. The fact that evolution has proven how humans and every other living organism have came to be what they are today. Men were not made from mud and women were not made from a man's rib. Sin is not here because someone who never existed at an apple off a tree. And a man did not turn water into wine magically. These things are completely and utterly impossible--as proven by science. If he did not do any of these things, the things which his book is most known for, than that therefore means that he is not the same person he was written as in the book. This means that he is a different "God" just going by the same name. The God from the bible doesn't exist because all of the things he has said to have done have been proven impossible by science.
3. Than you shouldn't have bothered to post in the first place. Oh, and just to clear things up for you, I was calling him an a*****e. And I was referring to the character from the bible.

-I hate the influence, the followers, and the fact that people blindly believe and follow this crazy book character because he may or may not exist and or be the creator of everything. People kill people in his name, and for who? Some a*****e who (according to their Bible) never really treated our race with any respect to begin with? It's pointless. Why would anyone want to believe in or worship a man like this?

-Its not irrelevant. It certainly is because you claim to have mentioned it, when you really didn't. So technically you lied to me, and call it irrelevant.

-Evolution does not disprove God exists or does not exist. Yes, one COULD assume that Adam, the first Man did not come from mud... or that Eve wasn't a rib... but then again, you haven't provided me with the very first human fossil now have you? Or have you maybe overlooked the argument that explains: God uses simple explanations of creationism, so that simple people from a simple era, could understand. You could possibly missing the point entirely because you conclude something which is irrelevant to creationism and God.

-So because I didn't understand, you say I shouldn't bother posting? Have a little mercy. Its not like you have to respond, I mean honestly, lighten up. Its the internet.

-Lastly, I don't understand why you must try to cause contention. If you "hate" the influence, the followers, and the blind beliefs... then why add oil to the fire? Why can't you just keep your thoughts to yourself, and keep off this forum. Unfortunately, you are generalizing an entire set of denominations, and past religions. That is not good.

Also, nobody can claim that God doesn't exist. For you to know that he DOESN'T exist, you would have to have a perfect knowledge of everything... or otherwise be known as a God yourself.

Therefor, you cannot possibly know if God exists or doesn't. And It probably isn't good to trash talk a "supreme and all-knowing being", especially if you don't know if he exists or not... (especially also if you are going just by evolution to claim that he doesn't exists. Its not very smart).

Also, I would appreciate it if you showed a little respect.
I'm tired, I'm sorry that I can't continue. To be brief: You keep bringing up the Bible to reference God hence your being a Christian or a limited perspective of not knowing anything more...so by default a Christian. Not a textbook Christian, but a Christian.

And as for virtue...if your hurting someone, then it is a vice, NOT A VIRTUE. This someone includes yourself. So take care of yourself and be charitable to those in need.

You've obviously got a lot going on for you to be so angry about this subject. It will pass. Just take a breath and realize that tough times don't last forever, BUT REMAIN VIRTUOUS. You are obviously tenacious, you keep posting...so once you understand the precepts of purifying your self FOR THE SAKE OF YOURSELF. You will realize that not only do you have no reason to call God a terrible name, but you have no reason to call anyone a terrible name.

All evil you do clings do you. Do not allow this. I pray that you will find happiness. Truly. Goodnight. Perhaps it would do us good to pray not only for ourselves this evening before resting but to pray for one another...or even the world as a whole.

G'nite and keep studying and don't do things that will cause harm. Speaking ill of others is a lesson one should attempt to learn early.
King INRI
The Credits

-Its not irrelevant. It certainly is because you claim to have mentioned it, when you really didn't. So technically you lied to me, and call it irrelevant.

-Evolution does not disprove God exists or does not exist. Yes, one COULD assume that Adam, the first Man did not come from mud... or that Eve wasn't a rib... but then again, you haven't provided me with the very first human fossil now have you? Or have you maybe overlooked the argument that explains: God uses simple explanations of creationism, so that simple people from a simple era, could understand. You could possibly missing the point entirely because you conclude something which is irrelevant to creationism and God.

-So because I didn't understand, you say I shouldn't bother posting? Have a little mercy. Its not like you have to respond, I mean honestly, lighten up. Its the internet.

-Lastly, I don't understand why you must try to cause contention. If you "hate" the influence, the followers, and the blind beliefs... then why add oil to the fire? Why can't you just keep your thoughts to yourself, and keep off this forum. Unfortunately, you are generalizing an entire set of denominations, and past religions. That is not good.

Also, nobody can claim that God doesn't exist. For you to know that he DOESN'T exist, you would have to have a perfect knowledge of everything... or otherwise be known as a God yourself.

Therefor, you cannot possibly know if God exists or doesn't. And It probably isn't good to trash talk a "supreme and all-knowing being", especially if you don't know if he exists or not... (especially also if you are going just by evolution to claim that he doesn't exists. Its not very smart).

Also, I would appreciate it if you showed a little respect.
-I didn't lie to you. You should have been able to infer what I meant, after thinking thirty seconds about it and maybe skimming through the pages of posts made, that that is all I meant by that.
-It's not an assumption, it's a fact. No, I don't have the first human fossil. But it's physically impossible for a full grown man to be made of mud. He wouldn't have any functioning body parts required to live... it would just be a man-shaped glob of mud. And I understand that evolution doesn't completely disprove the idea of God. But the fact that his whole original creation story is false makes it incredibly unlikely that anything else he's done is true. Plus--there is always the question of where did God himself come from?
And "God" using simple explanations of creationism makes no sense, why would he waste his time explaining himself? The universe is constantly expanding--he had more important things to work on than writing books. Now people using simple explanations of creationism makes much more sense. It gave them something to teach back when things like science were almost non-existent. That is the only logical explanation for any of it. And now the human race is too slow to comprehend the fact that it makes no sense.
-And no. Not because you don't understand. Because you said the topic frustrates you. There is no need to spend your short time allowed on Earth focusing on things that stress you out.
-Because EVERYONE ELSE, including you, right in the same paragraph you suggested I keep my opinions to myself, says their opinions. It's in our nature. We want other people to, just for a small moment, see things from our perspective.

-I never said I did know whether he exists or doesn't. I just said that it's unlikely that he does. Not that I am 110% certain that he doesn't and never will exist.
Get this--I don't care if I go to hell for "trash" talking him.
(Especially, also, you clearly didn't read all of what I wrote.)

Respect is earned.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces