Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xiam
And also because gay sex is icky.

All sex is gross. If not, one is not doing it right.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Fermionic
Xiam
And also because gay sex is icky.

All sex is gross. If not, one is not doing it right.

I can drink to that!
*raises glass*
*takes a sip of water*

Desirable Noob

10,925 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Not all religions are anti-gay, please do remember that. The United Methodist Church, protestant, accepts anyone, sinful or not and let's them choose their choices because of God's divine grace. They are accountable before God for their choices.

Then again, the United Methodist Church hasn't been around for a long period of time, roughly 50 years since it was organized, but is made of 2 other churches so it has history.

I am United Methodist by the way. wink

Desirable Noob

10,925 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
The Legendary Guest
Bubblehead0987654321
Not all religions are anti-gay, please do remember that. The United Methodist Church, protestant, accepts anyone, sinful or not and let's them choose their choices because of God's divine grace. They are accountable before God for their choices.

Then again, the United Methodist Church hasn't been around for a long period of time, roughly 50 years since it was organized, but is made of 2 other churches so it has history.

Gee that's nice, lovely back-handed compliment there the way you slid in that "sinful or not" bit.

I know it's nice and thank you for the compliment. rofl

Desirable Noob

10,925 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
The Legendary Guest
Bubblehead0987654321
The Legendary Guest
Bubblehead0987654321

Gee that's nice, lovely back-handed compliment there the way you slid in that "sinful or not" bit.

I know it's nice and thank you for the compliment. rofl

Are you twelve?

Is there any reason you deleted the rest of my response to you or is it that you really don't have anything logical to say?

No, I am not twelve. I also deleted the rest of your response because I don't care what you say. Have a nice day.

Wheezing Bloodsucker

2,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
I thought it was because same sex relationships and gender minorities undermine the gender roles, scripts, and dynamics that enable and reinforce the patriarchy.

By existing, queer people present to us the idea that a woman is not defined by subservience to a man, and a man is not defined by dominance over a woman, and that other modalities and sexual-romantic dynamics can exist and be healthy, be it man-man, woman-woman, woman-man, or something else entirely.

Therefore, queer people weaken the foundations of patriarchy simply by existing, ESPECIALLY when they're permitted to exist without penalty or punishment. ADDITIONALLY, queer people are presumed always less likely to reproduce and thus bear offspring to perpetuate and spread the religion.

THAT's the true threat of queerness.

And if a religion is deeply rooted in patriarchal schemes with intense resistance to change on that front? Or if they are obsessed with running a numbers game? It stands to reason that they'd also be against queerness. For the sake of preservation of their precious patriarchy.

Prodigal Mage

Gadita
I thought it was because same sex relationships and gender minorities undermine the gender roles, scripts, and dynamics that enable and reinforce the patriarchy.

By existing, queer people present to us the idea that a woman is not defined by subservience to a man, and a man is not defined by dominance over a woman, and that other modalities and sexual-romantic dynamics can exist and be healthy, be it man-man, woman-woman, woman-man, or something else entirely.

Therefore, queer people weaken the foundations of patriarchy simply by existing, ESPECIALLY when they're permitted to exist without penalty or punishment. ADDITIONALLY, queer people are presumed always less likely to reproduce and thus bear offspring to perpetuate and spread the religion.

And if a religion is deeply rooted in patriarchal schemes with intense resistance to change on that front? Or if they are obsessed with running a numbers game? It stands to reason that they'd also be against queerness. For the sake of preservation of their precious patriarchy.

QFT.

Also, this is why homophobia is not limited to religion -- despite all the atheists who think otherwise.

Wheezing Bloodsucker

2,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
haunting heaven
Gadita

QFT.

Also, this is why homophobia is not limited to religion -- despite all the atheists who think otherwise.

Religion is just a tool. It gives people a sense of purpose, belonging, a story to believe in and inact. May seem irrational from an atheist standpoint, but it has purpose. For some, it can enable good behaviors and promote a balanced state of mind, a sense of community, but for others, it is used to enable or excuse division, disparity and hatred. Because it is a tool, like a knife is a tool, which can be used to help or to hurt. How a person chooses to use the tool says more about that person than the tool itself.

However, I understand the confusion. That assumption that all religions are queerphobic, due to a rather vocal, politically inclined subgroup of religious folk. When people push a queerphobic political agenda and then claim they are merely reinforcing their religious freedom, they are pretty much saying that THEIR religious freedom is worth more and should mean more to the government than the religious freedoms of others (who may have completely opposed political stances). And THAT is disparity.

I have no beef with anyone being devoutly religious, as long as they don't use THEIR personal religious beliefs to justify taking away MY rights. Because I have religious freedom too, even as an agnostic apatheist.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff