Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Reveler

I don't get the argument? Maxims aren't brought up because they are irrelevant before axioms, axioms are relevant because religious people believe that their insinuation to be god given.

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
99% of those logical axioms and maxims were invented by theists, so be prepared for some of them to know the counterargument if you use them. and yes a lot of those old Greek and Latin books of logic and rhetoric were either written by church scholars or written in antiquity and studied in great depth by them and adapted centuries ago.
A high-velocity projectile would likely also function to a similar effect.

Wealthy Millionaire

Whats the point in this thread again?
Avgvsto
I don't get the argument? Maxims aren't brought up because they are irrelevant before axioms, axioms are relevant because religious people believe that their insinuation to be god given.

Axioms are worthless unless they give you a foundation for reason, that foundation being the Maxims that come out of them.

Dapper Reveler

HannibalImhotep
Avgvsto

Axioms are worthless unless they give you a foundation for reason, that foundation being the Maxims that come out of them.
was this thread from like a year ago? also what you just said was dumb.
Avgvsto
HannibalImhotep
Avgvsto

was this thread from like a year ago? also what you just said was dumb.

This thread is from MAY. What YOU just said is dumb.

And Axioms bring you to Maxims. Axioms alone are just rules, you need a game/team to even start using them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff