Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fight Club.....

You decide.....

Is it profound thinking towards paving a new path of life based on equilibrium and a new...better state of mind free of limitation?

Or

Is it just a kickass movie supporting anarchist tenencies and deriving mostly on violence and descensitizing us as people....??

State whate you think...This movie is undoubtedly a controversy
It sort of just spouted a less romantic way of looking at life, a sort of fatalistic point of view. I liked it. Very honest, though the complete anarchy deal was a bit much. However, if you take individual rights and the like to the limit, then you do get a rather anarchic society.

Plus, Brad Pitt.
arddunaid
It sort of just spouted a less romantic way of looking at life, a sort of fatalistic point of view. I liked it. Very honest, though the complete anarchy deal was a bit much. However, if you take individual rights and the like to the limit, then you do get a rather anarchic society.

Plus, Brad Pitt.

thanks for your opinion....you might wanna copy and paste that in the same thread in the extended discussion forum....more people are reading it there
try reading the BOOK if you think the movie based on it is good. The book gave me a whole new way to look at life, and i saw truth in Tyler Durden's wisdom. I highly reccommend this book if they want to see a wholly unique way of looking at life.
I think the Fight Club way of life wouldn't suit me. I'm too soft and used to having everything handed to me. People claim not to be but they are too, that's just the way people live these days.

What do you think a Fight Club world would be like? If everyone acted the way Tyler told them to? Discuss.

Dangerous Rogue

The book is much better. But I believe the story proves in the end that total anarchy and self-destruction are not effective means of dealing with life. in the book, the buildings are not destroyed, and the main character ends up in a mental hospital (sorry for the spoiler). but though it offers an appealing alternative to the sterile consumer life that is shoved down our throats, it too is ultimately ineffective.
Lead Feather
I think the Fight Club way of life wouldn't suit me. I'm too soft and used to having everything handed to me. People claim not to be but they are too, that's just the way people live these days.

What do you think a Fight Club world would be like? If everyone acted the way Tyler told them to? Discuss.

but you see, that's what tyler was speaking against.
Wow, I had no idea there was a book... Who is the author?
Ph33rNoM4n
The book is much better. But I believe the story proves in the end that total anarchy and self-destruction are not effective means of dealing with life. in the book, the buildings are not destroyed, and the main character ends up in a mental hospital (sorry for the spoiler). but though it offers an appealing alternative to the sterile consumer life that is shoved down our throats, it too is ultimately ineffective.

As with most things, finding a balance between the philosophy of fight club and hyperconsumerism (which didn't always exist as bad as it does today, mind you younger folk) is the likely best path. But then, it is always easy to criticize that which you have and yearn for a different lifestyle, because a pesron generally takes for granted the blessings they have and how hard a different lifestyle really IS.
The Great Chcuk Palanuik
Read Survivor as well

And as for Fight Club, I think it tore down the mental barriers we set up for ourselves (book was better). Once you are on the otherside of understanding this, you don't need to live like in the story, or how Tyler dictates, but you should never forget the lessons you gain from it.

And don't use "anachronistic" to describe this way of life, it is not true. Anarchy is a system of no hierarchy, but Durden himself was a hierarchy
I have seen some of the movie, and it is a REALLY GOOD MOVIE!Although, I personally just found the guy at the end really weird, with some mental problems or something.Its just wrong to do, why are you going to hurt yourself purposely, and enjoy it?Its just like self mutilation,I mean you are hurting yourself on purpose arent you?So how is it different.I mean Im sure that it is different, but you are still basically willingly getting yourself hurt.
Fairygal91
I have seen some of the movie, and it is a REALLY GOOD MOVIE!Although, I personally just found the guy at the end really weird, with some mental problems or something.Its just wrong to do, why are you going to hurt yourself purposely, and enjoy it?Its just like self mutilation,I mean you are hurting yourself on purpose arent you?So how is it different.I mean Im sure that it is different, but you are still basically willingly getting yourself hurt.

We are a society of clone that settle the smallest dispute with lawyers and the courts. Physical confrontation is consisdered a thing of the past in business circles, so fighting kind of snaps your mind out of our peaceful little mindset we've developed. It's the rush of adrenaline, and the feeling that you can conquer anything thats thrown at you. It's not about self mutilation, it's about overcoming struggle, even if you have to make that struggle
I LOVE Fight Club. It's seriously my favorite movie.

It... made a profound statement, and you could take it on its shock value or on its underlying sentiments. Or both.

At the same time, no, I wouldn't suggest living that way. But that's the beauty of a movie: it conveys a situation you might not have otherwise partaken in, given the circumstances of reality - all the while, you're at as comfortable a viewing distance as you want to be.
Fairygal91

Read

The

Book.

you'll get the full story then.

This book actually further convinced me to follow Bushido and the way of Zen Buddhism. Did anyone else get a similar message?
BushidoMercutio
Fairygal91

Read

The

Book.

you'll get the full story then.

This book actually further convinced me to follow Bushido and the way of Zen Buddhism. Did anyone else get a similar message?

....No, but then again, I've never researched Zen Buddhism or Bushido. My message was to question pop culture and civility, never take something as it seems, but as it truely is. Don't float in life, move, your actions will be felt if you do. You don't need all of the crap that we surround ourselves with (I havn't watched television since the election, and before that it was months of no tv, simply because I saw, and see, no need). Live in a moment, because that is all life is, a series of moments.

Most important lesson was take control of your own destiny, or you will have none to begin with

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff