Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm tired of seeing people talk about Christians like this: "Tell me what you Christians/Catholics believe." What is the problem with that?

Catholics ARE Christians. Sure, we have more structure in our churches than your average non-denominational church, but it's still Christianity. And it gets better...back off, Baptists, we were here first.

You heard me.

Before the Protestant Reformation, there were only two (three?) sects of Christianity: The Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox church (and Gnostics?). After the reformation, however, sects that wanted out of the Holy Roman Empire converted to some of the many new Christian churches popping out of the mold. Several of today's churches started soon after Luther nailed his Thesis to the church door. Countries were eager to be free of the Holy Roman Empire and split, leaving the church fractured and varied. Each area had a different reason for wanting to split, but the point is, it happened. My point: Just because the church split apart doesn't mean that Catholics stopped being Christians. Our masses didn't change; they just aren't always in Latin anymore (which is a very recent development when you look at the whole picture.)

All right, then. I want to stop seeing a split. Just say "Christians." If anyone has any solid proof that we Catholics aren't Christians, please present it to me, and no, the child molesting priests don't count. (That's a rant in itself--not all priests are child molesters, and there are alter GIRLS now too, but that isn't what this thread is about, is it?)

I got my information from History class, and the AP World History Book, as well as my teacher's lectures. I didn't just make this all up.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot about the Eastern Orthodox and the Gnostics. My bad. That's why I barely broke and 80. That isn't the point of my thread, either. The point was that people forget that Catholic is Christian, too.

EDIT 2: THIS IS NOT a thread about who I forgot. Stop getting off subject and read the subject line!
Quote:

Before the Protestant Reformation, there was only one Christian Church: The Catholic church.

This is the part that isn't true.
Quote:
Quote:

Before the Protestant Reformation, there was only one Christian Church: The Catholic church.

Psst. She is Catholic. She probably thinks the Eastern Orthodox as a bunch of non-Christian wannabes.

Edit: And the Gnostics mixed up Pagans. blaugh
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Psst. She is Catholic. She probably thinks the Eastern Orthodox as a bunch of non-Christian wannabes.
Eastern Orthodox Churches call themselves Catholic, so it still works. Of course, she forgot about the Gnostics.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Eastern Orthodox Churches call themselves Catholic, so it still works. Of course, she forgot about the Gnostics.
I edited it Ari!!! Sheesh jumping down my throat like some Bunny of Anger!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They don't count if you wipe them out.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My bad, I forgot. Jeez...And Lunar Faeri, of course being Catholic means that I have to be a bigot who purposefully ignores any other religion I can!
Catholicism yes was one of the original christian churchs but the protestant reformation was based more on politicall issues than god.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I edited it Ari!!! Sheesh jumping down my throat like some Bunny of Anger!
*Gnashes big pointy teeth* Grrr!

<center>(\/)
domokun </center>
Anyone who supposably believes "Jesus" was the messiah and follows him and such are Christian. Anyone, who would like to differ with that, is stupid.
Edit:
What I meant by this is that if someone believes Jesus was their messiah then they are Christian, NOT that I think Christianity is right or anything like that. Personally I completely disagree with the religion.
for example If someone says a Catholic is not Christian then they are stupid.
Quote:
Anyone who supposably believes ?Jesus? was the messiah and follows him and such are Christian. Anyone who would like to differ with that is stupid.

...Which is also my point.
Note my edit if you were confused on what I was saying.
Quote:
Note my edit if you were confused on what I was saying.
o got it well im not one of those "real christians" because I think gay people are fine and shouldnt need to change and I think that non christians go to heaven.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff