Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
What determines the capture rate of the Star Seed? I can't figure out why some Moga are 95% while others that are the same rarity are 35% when I weaken them to the same percentage of health.

UPDATE: Levels appear to be a factor.

I did a test recently. I took out a Level 1 Moga, and a Training Rarity Moga was only 100% catchable when its health was in the red. I then took out one of my Level 10 Moga. The Training Rarity Moga boosted their level to Level 5, but I got a 100% catch rating when I knocked it to 50% health.

Levels (or at least evel difference) is indeed a factor, as well as rarity level.
Rarity. Training/Beginners have a super high success rate then as you get rarer and rarer moga they go down to 4% capture rate for legendaries. Always pay attention to the rarity.
I think the only things dictates the catch rates are
1. Moga Rarity - Common Moga has high % capturing. Rare ones are harder to catch.
2. It's HP. - the best possible % you are gonna get to is if you take its HP down close to 1.

So for an example, common moga at it's weakest state (close to 1 HP) is at like 90+%.
Some super Rare Mogas, at its weakest state (close to 1 HP) is at something like 10% ish

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
dragonknight1544
Rarity. Training/Beginners have a super high success rate then as you get rarer and rarer moga they go down to 4% capture rate for legendaries. Always pay attention to the rarity.
Then explain how one Uncommon Moga can have a capture rate of 90% and another Uncommon Moga (same rarity, now) has a capture rate of 30% - 35% when I get it's HP down to the red?

That's what I'm asking.

I expect Super Rares to be difficult to capture, as I've come across two already and have only captured 1 of them after spamming it with all the StarSeeds I had at the time. But for the lower ranking ones, it just doesn't make any sense.
Zeek Slider
dragonknight1544
Then explain how one Uncommon Moga can have a capture rate of 90% and another Uncommon Moga (same rarity, now) has a capture rate of 30% - 35% when I get it's HP down to the red?

That's what I'm asking.

I expect Super Rares to be difficult to capture, as I've come across two already and have only captured 1 of them after spamming it with all the StarSeeds I had at the time. But for the lower ranking ones, it just doesn't make any sense.
Because you are thinking of Huey who doesn't really count as an Uncommon since everyone captures him. If I recall right originally it was labeled a training moga.

11,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
if its a common, your chances are great, but if its legendary like this
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
its very very low

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

I KNOW THAT RARITY AFFECTS THE CATCH RATE! I KNOW THAT TRAINER AND BEGINNER MOGA ARE EASIER TO CATCH!

WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY SOME MOGA WHO ARE THAT THE SAME RARITY HAVE A DIFFERENT CAPTURE RATE!

TWO MOGA!

BOTH UNCOMMON RARITY!

ONE HAS A 95% CAPTURE RATE!

THE OTHER HAS A 30% CAPTURE RATE!

BOTH ARE AT RED HEALTH!

WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THAT?! HOW DOES THE ******** GAME DETERMINE THIS?!

Unforgiving Warlord

Obviously, the game lies to you.

Like mentioned earlier, Huey isn't uncommon at all, and his catch rate is easy to send up.
But Chuuchilla and Peafyx are 'uncommon' too, but it never goes past 40%. :<

So, I believe, the game is a big fat liar.

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
Blue Beastie
Like mentioned earlier, Huey isn't uncommon at all, and his catch rate is easy to send up.

I caught a Chuuchilla, and it's catch rate was 51%.

Unforgiving Warlord

Zeek Slider
Blue Beastie

.... >.>
I wonder if your Moga's Zodiac sign might affect it?...

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
Blue Beastie
Zeek Slider
Blue Beastie

.... >.>
I wonder if your Moga's Zodiac sign might affect it?...
I don't think so. There was one time I remember trying to caputre a Moga and I had to switch to one that was weaker via Zodiac sign. The Capture chance percentage didn't change upon the switch.

And then I discovered the rule about how you can only catch Moga weaker than the Moga in the battle. stare

Rainbow Genius

7,600 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Zeek Slider
Blue Beastie

Chuuchilla has never been higher than 35% for me. Stupid crap thing.

Unforgiving Warlord

Dione Nightly
Zeek Slider
Blue Beastie

I actually just caught one at 36% <3 Yet failed to catch a Trolo at 58%... emo

I bet now it's Trololol'n. >o>

Anyway, I have to wonder what Zeek was doing to get it so high.
Do you remember what you did, conditions, monster you were using when you caught yours Zeek? XD

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
Blue Beastie
Dione Nightly
Zeek Slider
Blue Beastie

Do you remember what you did, conditions, monster you were using when you caught yours Zeek? XD
Trolo would only get a max of 45% for me!! How the hell did you get it to 58%?! eek

All I remember about Chuuchilla was that I caught mine at level 2 using the starter I picked, which was Chibrius. It was, like, the fourth or fifth Moga I encountered. Chibrius was still at Level 1 because I was catching everything I saw. I accidently killed my first Chuuchilla thanks to a critical hit. Chibrius leveled up. The second one I captured just fine with a 51% catch rate.

Unforgiving Warlord

Zeek Slider
Blue Beastie
Dione Nightly
Zeek Slider
Blue Beastie

Trolo would only get a max of 45% for me!! How the hell did you get it to 58%?! eek

All I remember about Chuuchilla was that I caught mine at level 2 using the starter I picked, which was Chibrius. It was, like, the fourth or fifth Moga I encountered. Chibrius was still at Level 1 because I was catching everything I saw. I accidently killed my first Chuuchilla thanks to a critical hit. Chibrius leveled up. The second one I captured just fine with a 51% catch rate.

I wonder if this means that the level the beast is on might affect it's capture rate? >o> Lowest level Chuuchilla I ever saw was 3. Lowest Trolo I ever saw was 4. How about you?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff