Welcome to Gaia! ::

Partying Duelist

10,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
No fb for me either. Dare to refuse facebook!
Pinuners
As the previous announcement said that it's actually a FB game,
I'm assuming that Gaia made a deal with both FB and the company who created the game,
and are raking in money through this "connecting to FB business"

I'm also not willing to make an account just to be able to play this game
I'd hate to think it were all about the money... but considering many of Gaia's moves lately, it wouldn't surprise me that much. -____-

Elder

o maiju o
Kosai Avonej
It's a moot point they have made about it taking years to make a Gaia friendly version, day 1 that the Facebook connect went up last year people could play zOMG from Facebook. I find Gaia's eagerness to promote facebook is becoming... disturbing. Within a year or two it may be a requirement just to use Gaia.
Sadly, that would be the day when I quit Gaia. (If that ever were to happen, I hope there would be some kind of a heads-up so I could give away my items before I left. ^^)

You bring up a good point about zOMG. I wonder why it doesn't work both ways then.
I have like 25 mules to make dummy facebook accounts for if thats the case if ( I really feel I should be saying "when" ) facebook becomes mandatory. I think we should start a petition about keeping Gaia's login/logout database and features independant of FB. I mean look at other services that have since linked up with others, Youtube and Google comes to mind, my account on Youtube along with alot of other accounts where hacked easily because of how vunerable Google is and we know Facebook isn't exactly the most secure system either ( Gaia's isn't much of a prize either ) so if anything Gaia is only opening user accounts to more exploits then ever before.
Kosai Avonej
o maiju o
Kosai Avonej
It's a moot point they have made about it taking years to make a Gaia friendly version, day 1 that the Facebook connect went up last year people could play zOMG from Facebook. I find Gaia's eagerness to promote facebook is becoming... disturbing. Within a year or two it may be a requirement just to use Gaia.
Sadly, that would be the day when I quit Gaia. (If that ever were to happen, I hope there would be some kind of a heads-up so I could give away my items before I left. ^^)

You bring up a good point about zOMG. I wonder why it doesn't work both ways then.
I have like 25 mules to make dummy facebook accounts for if thats the case if ( I really feel I should be saying "when" ) facebook becomes mandatory. I think we should start a petition about keeping Gaia's login/logout database and features independant of FB. I mean look at other services that have since linked up with others, Youtube and Google comes to mind, my account on Youtube along with alot of other accounts where hacked easily because of how vunerable Google is and we know Facebook isn't exactly the most secure system either ( Gaia's isn't much of a prize either ) so if anything Gaia is only opening user accounts to more exploits then ever before.
If there's ever such a petition, I'm definitely signing it and promoting the heck out if it.

I don't like having my Google, Twitter and Youtube (among others) accounts linking with each other. What ever happened to keeping your stuff on different sites separate from each other? If I had to connect my Gaia account to some other site, I would not like it. If that other site were FB, which have profound dislike for, I would just give up. -____-

Fenn78's Wife

11,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Mr-Klinn
I have a FB account but I still totally agree with you.

The reasons they're giving us for needing an FB account seem kind of suspicious. :/

One could just made a fake mule FB account though. xD
This is exactly what i was thinking. I'm not one to go for conspiracy theories, but, dang, it's beginning to look like FB is going to be taking over Gaia. Or at least buying a controlling interest... sweatdrop Personally, i like keeping my Gaia and FB separate from one another. Gaia is my escape from the real world and there is too much of my real world on FB. talk2hand

Elder

o maiju o
Kosai Avonej
o maiju o
Kosai Avonej

If there's ever such a petition, I'm definitely signing it and promoting the heck out if it.

I don't like having my Google, Twitter and Youtube (among others) accounts linking with each other. What ever happened to keeping your stuff on different sites separate from each other? If I had to connect my Gaia account to some other site, I would not like it. If that other site were FB, which have profound dislike for, I would just give up. -____-
If you find this petition PM it to me, I've got about 60 people I know would sign it.

IRL Pal

Oh gods. You guys are making me paranoid now.
I hope a dev addresses this thread, and with honesty.
Kosai Avonej
o maiju o
Kosai Avonej
o maiju o
Kosai Avonej

If you find this petition PM it to me, I've got about 60 people I know would sign it.
I will. ^^ And if there isn't one, there's nothing stopping one of us from starting a petition.

Smitten Cutie-Pie

11,250 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
❥~ User Image

spring has SPRUNG !!

█████

I am extremely sad that I can't play this game on Gaia, it looks even more entertaining than zOMG! and I absolutely love(d) that game. Like you, I don't have a Facebook account and never intended to make one. I really don't want to go so far out of my way to make an account just to play this game, but I really want to try it out; it looks amazing. I do understand that this is a game created /for/ Facebook, but does it even make sense to develop a GaiaOnline game for Facebook? I don't get why they made it like this, but I guess I'll keep waiting until they develop it fully for Gaia and Gaia only.
                        You have a point, though. Having all these accounts connected makes you think it leaves a hole in security, so I hope they take that into account in the future. Although whether or not it really does make your accounts more vulnerable, I have no idea.

``          

User Image xx User Image xx User Image
In this l o n g d r e a m, can you find me
Want you to you call my name

User Image
I really hate it. :/
And I don't really want to make a mule fb account just so I can play some Gaia game that I should be able to play on Gaia.

In this hazard, chance of survival
I need to be with you

Benevolent Feeder

We didn't need accounts for OMGpop. I wish that they could do something similar for this.
•••✿❀

Even if it is a FB game they should make a way for people (like me) who don't currently, and who don't want to make an account just to play a game, be able to log in using our username and creating a different password for it or something along those lines :/

❀✿•••
Zetta Slow Momo

User Image
I really hate it. :/
And I don't really want to make a mule fb account just so I can play some Gaia game that I should be able to play on Gaia.

I need to be with you
You're not alone.

I wish the Gaia staff would make it more clear whether they're really making a Gaia-only version of MoGa that doesn't need FB connect to play. In the FAQ they just joke about the end of the world rather than providing a proper answer.
o maiju o
You're not alone.

I wish the Gaia staff would make it more clear whether they're really making a Gaia-only version of MoGa that doesn't need FB connect to play. In the FAQ they just joke about the end of the world rather than providing a proper answer.

User Image
Wow. o.o
Also I don't really trust fb. I have seen so many friends get viruses because of it. Hell my boyfriend's phone ended up breaking one time because someone got hacked and sent him a message that had some virus in it. It's not worth it.

I need to be with you

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas