Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello Gaians! I'm one of the devs working on this and I like to show that I care by creating threads where folks can tell me I'm a jerk. There are a few things I'd like to say before the trashing begins.

• I used to be a writer for Gaia and am now mainly an MG writer/planner, so I can't provide technical explanations of why the game is freezing. I can't actually explain how the game works at all!
  • We are all really bummed that so many things are breaking for so many of you. It was not our plan to launch a broken game. We're trying hard to fix these bugs.
  • If you really want to see what the game is like but are tired of getting errors, you can go play on Facebook for awhile. You won't earn gold from Bonus Attacks, but all of the Mogas you catch/progress you make will still be there once the dust settles on the Gaia end.
  • I wrote a good bit of the "Why Facebook Connect" FAQ and I stand by the rationale for launching with Facebook Connect instead of developing this purely on Gaia. As you may have noticed, there is still a lot of room for improvement in the overall game design, like having a marketplace, gifts you can send friends, customization at home, daily quests, dungeons, evolution, re-naming potions, etc. The amount of time it would have taken to move MG entirely to Gaia would have pushed back the development of those projects considerably. Plus, for players already playing on Facebook, there would have to be some authorization to transfer information from a Facebook account to a Gaia account--essentially what Facebook Connect does.
  • Please be patient/thank you for being patient. It might take us a little while to get things smoothed out. We're only human, and a fairly small part of the Gaia team. This game will still be here in a week, two weeks, a month, etc., so if can't play right now, don't worry--you'll have plenty of opportunities in the future.
  • As other folks have said, if you don't want to connect your real FB account, just make a mule. You can also have a much awesomer name that way (unless your legal name is already something like Gunship Manticore).

So yeah, we're reading the bug reports and trying to fix them. Computers are complicated and it takes awhile. It makes us really happy to be able to bring this game to Gaia, even if (like almost every other launch I've been a part of) it's a little bit of a bumpy ride. But hang on! More good stuff really is on the way.

9,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I'm not here to call you a jerk at all ^_^
matter of fact i know it isn't easy to run/develop a game like this and i am very grateful that you and the other devs work so hard to give us such an amazing experience

One thing i want to ask after reading that is are there anythings you could explain to us fans a little better?..Like the marketplace for example, will we be able to sell moga to one another?..sorta like how the marketplace runs on here and will there be moga exclusive to the marketplace? and also any other little bits of information your able to share would be awesome biggrin

Take care
Jimmy

Tasty Sweetheart

27,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Cool Cat 500
I love the game so far smile But I'm currently stuck in a glitch where I can;t choose a Moga to fight with, I have to wait for them to fix it til I can play again sad
But I can be patient. razz

mean mina's Husband

Sexy Trash

31,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Married 100
Will this game be in development for 2 years before Gaia gives up on it like zomg?

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
I haven't played it yet, looks interesting. I also saw they just re-used zOMG!'s music for the music on the game.... -.-

Wealthy Businessman

not really sure where to report anything but for some reason when I get into fights the game will load everything but then won't allow me to select a moga from my party. The problem fixes itself after 3 or 4 reloads but the thing is that this problem is very frequent.
I'm actually really happy with Moga so far. I thought it'd be really cheezy, but it's fun!

How do you feel about working on it? :3

2,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Better fix the bug quick! biggrin I don't really have problems though........

Conventioneer

5,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
EDIOTZ
Better fix the bug quick! biggrin I don't really have problems though........

Overall, glad to hear you don't have any problems. But if any comes up, don't hesitate to post and let us know. 3nodding
I watched L0cke reproduce a 301 error for an hour today so we could fix what was wrong, only to discover another way to create the same error. Facebook's code is really pretty wack, and when you mix that in with Gaia authenticating your logged-in status you can get problems pretty quickly. I can attest that our programmers are total geniuses and will ultimately triumph over this labyrinth.

What's the marketplace going to be like? Well we're definitely using Gaia as our guiding model of a successful marketplace, but I can't tell you exactly what it will be like just yet. Hopefully soon I'll be able to give more hints about what's on the way.

Today I put up a preview of a sub-map in area 2 on the MG fanpage. You can see the pics here on our Facebook fanpage. WARNING: this is a link to Facebook, also known as the Evil One.

I don't know if we will spend two years developing this and then stop. I kind of hope we are done with development in two years and can move on to something else. I'd like to make new games that build on what we've learned from this one. I'm heavily involved in developing MG for iPhone and have been able to make some tweaks to the design that I think are good, and which I hope we'll be able to use in the design of future projects.

I love working on Moga. The art is amazing @w@.

Dangerous Noob

8,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I really must say i was not expecting a game like this from Gaia at all. I havent exprience any of this freezing and such the only problem i have really came into is that i caught tone of different moga and the quest make you recatch them waisting seeds in order to complete the quest to catch the different mogas.

Invisible Genius

7,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Well, I've had no problems. It's quite a good game. A bit like pokemon, but different, obviously. Anyway, it's good.
It's quite understandable that you developers didn't mean to launch a broken game. But we know for sure you guys will be able to fix it too. 3nodding

In addition, I wrote a PM to Moga Tae about the the connection and the Daily Prize. According to the Dev Notice, we don't need Gaia to connect to Facebook. However, if we want to get our Daily Prize, we have to log into Gaia. Can you clarify about the Daily Prize issue? sweatdrop

Adventuring Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I have been quite impressed. My time on Gaia is hit or miss as of late due to crafts and D&D. My attention to Facebook had all but died. Saw the Dev note and decided to check it out. I'm in love with it, and the rumors of meshing monsters to create different ones... Well it reminds me so much of of Monster Rancher that I want to go into a giggle fit.

Generous Humorist

11,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
You guys are doing a great job and doing your very best on squishing these bad bugs that are ruining the fun of this game.=D

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff