Welcome to Gaia! ::

shouldn't you actually talk to blizzard concerning that smile
There are enough hunters trying to petition that right now! rolleyes
They'd probably delete him entirely if one more of them says: "dun do it! plz? lol" dramallama
I know they're going to nerf him eventually, like they did Spirit Wolves. burning_eyes
I'm just praying the few of us who actually have him already don't get him deleted by GM's or such. crying
oh i see.

and i saw the T 9 set and, although they look the same but with different colors, i'd love to have that set for my pally.

as for my warlock, it's not what i expected it to be, but oh well.
I don't think T9 looks exotic enough.
Has anybody else noticed that all the Northrend armor is dark leathers and boring and such?
I loved the BC armors, bright colorful and different, you know?
Woot Wow! Everyone play on the twisting nether sever its the best!
Hello, i bought wow battle chest, waiting for the burning crusade thing to install.
I'm a noob, so you guys have any tips? smile
JiLLiBeanz
I don't think T9 looks exotic enough.
Has anybody else noticed that all the Northrend armor is dark leathers and boring and such?
I loved the BC armors, bright colorful and different, you know?
User Image
Yume wo mite Namida shite Kizutsuite mo . . .

T9 makes me SO angry. Not only do the sets look terrible, but it's infuriating that the only differences are slight color changes. WTH, Blizzard! You make millions of dollars off of us every month and this is the product you turn out? UGH.

BTW, back from my vacation, sunburned and tired.
. . . Genjitsu ha gamushara ni kurushi
User Image
Friday night, around 3am EST - my server's time - one of my guildies and her hubby said their good nights in g-chat and logged for bed. 10 minutes later, she was back on, stayed on her main for like a good 15 minutes, then switched to alts and stayed for about as long. Only a few were on in guild at the time and most were engrossed in a raid so they didn't take much notice of her reappearance except she wasn't her usual cheerful greeting self.

Evening time comes on the 4th of July, when the Blizz crew and the GM's are off having a good ol' time here in the states and her hubby logs in and screams - GET OFF MY ******** ACCOuNT YOU LOW LIFE ******** HACK ********!

Her account had been hacked.. the hacker was still on the account, she logged into her hubby's to inform the guild and caught them still farming.. rush to the GB and yep... all the non locked goodies were gone - Abyss crystals, titan steel bars.. a few epics .. but that's not a big deal, the guild can replace those.. it was the fact that this farmer was on her account, still in the guild and just seemingly getting a joy buzz out of everything being said and going on. And several hours of non stop farming later - a 20 minute break and farming in Sholz basin continues. This isn't some ordinary hacker, this is a gold farmer on a rotation cycle with other gold farmers to use and abuse a stolen account to obtain gold at any means so the cheap a** website they work for can sell it to idiots who think buying gold is the way to go. *smacks with ******** sticks.*

Immediately every person in the guild puts in a ticket to expedite the matter so our guildie can get her account back. Around 2am the farmer was still at it, still in guild, still everything. I made a comment to them possibly being a Chinese gold farmer or of a similar country of origin. And the guild began discussing this and how it's illegal and blah blah blah.. and one guldie suddenly says the guild and me in particular are closed minded bigots and it's not the farmers fault - they are only trying to feed themselves. It's just a stupid game to get over it. Let the farmer be...

But it's illegal we all argue. It's stealing and therefore it's wrong. It's a violation of another person's space and privacy, of their property they pay for and are still paying for as they can't access the account to cancel their credit card. But oh no, we are being bigots because our perspective is wrong, this is a person trying to feed themselves and we need to get over it and let them be....despite the guildie it belongs to is feeling angry and violated from it....

So I am here asking you guys since the now former guildie is still insisting I am a bigot and wrong in my views - what do all of you think? I'm unnerved that someone would consider me such a horrible thing because why they are doing it doesn't matter to me but the fact they are using stolen property and might possibly be the theif (though unlikely).

And btw - they are still on the account, still farming in Sholazar Basin, because apparently Blizz can't take the time to ban the account even though the true owner has put in a ticket to a GM, called Blizz, and sent them e-mails that her account is stolen, there's someone currently using it, and to please do something about it. GG Blizz ....

I agree with you Halrenna...
As for the stolen account. Mine has been hacked several times.
Tell your friend to wait until tomarrow and to call a Blizzard employee at their business hours.
Get her to explain the situation and then ask if she can change her account password.
After changing the password, get her to log in, ASAP.
Logging in then would boot the hacker offline.
The hacker would try to get in with the password he/she changed it to.
But not be able to anymore.
Also, a tip in making the new password, because I've been hacked so many times, I realized that a simple password that I'd be able to remember had to go.
Tell her to refrain from using complete words, rather, to use random number, symbol, and letter combinations in it.
The longer the password, the longer it takes for them to re-hack, they already know her user-name, that's already half of the information required.
I would also reccommend changing her password frequently, about every month or two.
I wasn't able to get fixed for a few days after I got hacked though, but don't expect for her to have much left, they sold all my character's good armor and were farming with them.
But I do hope this helps.
Can't decide if i should go back to wow
It's the summer and theres gonna be times were i'm doing nothing and realllllyyyyyy bored.

so yeah i had a 62 mage and a few leveler level toons. should i go back?
You should, it's a lot more fun now.
I love it more, that's for sure, and patch 3.2 is going to be even better!

edit: except for the tier gear, i'm not too excited about that... crying
I have warcraft II for the psone
Phoenix_Omega
shouldn't you actually talk to blizzard concerning that smile

Nooo! They'd take him away. =(
Aileanna-chan
Friday night, around 3am EST - my server's time - one of my guildies and her hubby said their good nights in g-chat and logged for bed. 10 minutes later, she was back on, stayed on her main for like a good 15 minutes, then switched to alts and stayed for about as long. Only a few were on in guild at the time and most were engrossed in a raid so they didn't take much notice of her reappearance except she wasn't her usual cheerful greeting self.

Evening time comes on the 4th of July, when the Blizz crew and the GM's are off having a good ol' time here in the states and her hubby logs in and screams - GET OFF MY ******** ACCOuNT YOU LOW LIFE ******** HACK ********!

Her account had been hacked.. the hacker was still on the account, she logged into her hubby's to inform the guild and caught them still farming.. rush to the GB and yep... all the non locked goodies were gone - Abyss crystals, titan steel bars.. a few epics .. but that's not a big deal, the guild can replace those.. it was the fact that this farmer was on her account, still in the guild and just seemingly getting a joy buzz out of everything being said and going on. And several hours of non stop farming later - a 20 minute break and farming in Sholz basin continues. This isn't some ordinary hacker, this is a gold farmer on a rotation cycle with other gold farmers to use and abuse a stolen account to obtain gold at any means so the cheap a** website they work for can sell it to idiots who think buying gold is the way to go. *smacks with ******** sticks.*

Immediately every person in the guild puts in a ticket to expedite the matter so our guildie can get her account back. Around 2am the farmer was still at it, still in guild, still everything. I made a comment to them possibly being a Chinese gold farmer or of a similar country of origin. And the guild began discussing this and how it's illegal and blah blah blah.. and one guldie suddenly says the guild and me in particular are closed minded bigots and it's not the farmers fault - they are only trying to feed themselves. It's just a stupid game to get over it. Let the farmer be...

But it's illegal we all argue. It's stealing and therefore it's wrong. It's a violation of another person's space and privacy, of their property they pay for and are still paying for as they can't access the account to cancel their credit card. But oh no, we are being bigots because our perspective is wrong, this is a person trying to feed themselves and we need to get over it and let them be....despite the guildie it belongs to is feeling angry and violated from it....

So I am here asking you guys since the now former guildie is still insisting I am a bigot and wrong in my views - what do all of you think? I'm unnerved that someone would consider me such a horrible thing because why they are doing it doesn't matter to me but the fact they are using stolen property and might possibly be the theif (though unlikely).

And btw - they are still on the account, still farming in Sholazar Basin, because apparently Blizz can't take the time to ban the account even though the true owner has put in a ticket to a GM, called Blizz, and sent them e-mails that her account is stolen, there's someone currently using it, and to please do something about it. GG Blizz ....

I completely agree. It is wrong and illegal of them to do what they are doing. If a burglar came into your house and stole your TV, you wouldn't say "Oh, it's OK, because he doesn't have a job and he needs to sell that TV to feed himself." No, you would report him to the cops. It is illegal.
Aileanna:
It's strictly against the TOS, so as long as the TOS is a valid contract of sorts, I think it's alright to talk about the illegality of it.

It's not PC to assume the person or persons committing the offense belong to a certain race, ethnicity or nationality.

I know some people don't care about being politically correct, but I avoid it since it is an unknown.

The quote you provided from your guildie sounds like it could possibly be a joke. It's very difficult to be sure whether someone is joking sometimes unless they state specifically how it was intended.

I've used somewhat complicated passwords since high school. Fortunately, I seem to be decent at remembering PINs and randomized passwords that I create. However, I can only remember so many, and the less I use any one in particular, the more likely I am to forget it.

The best passwords are at least eight characters long and consist of letters in uppercase and lowercase combined with numbers. Each character should be chosen completely random and have nothing to do any of the other characters or with any combination of numbers and letters that already exists that might be even remotely connected to the person using the password.

If your account is brute-forced, changing the password frequently helps the password stand a significant chance of being changed to something that has already been guessed and will not likely be guessed in the significant future. Otherwise, if access to the account isn't blocked after a certain number of unsuccessful tries, it's only a matter of time before the password is guessed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff