Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay so I am actually going to give praise to Guild Wars 2:

I love this game. I have loved it since the first day that I spent my hard-earned money on what seemed at the time to be little more than a couple of discs with some game that my friends told me I 'absolutely HAD to have'.

From the moment that I created my first character (Rzeni, my human mesmer) I became enthralled by the storyline. The personal story has interesting twists to it, and I actually had a great many times where it tugged on my heart-strings a bit. Rzeni fell in love with Logan and had her heart broken, and became a tougher person because of it. Rather than deal with her hurt feelings she decided that she needed to focus on completing her quest to kill Zhi-tan.

My favorite thing about this game though has to be the Living World events. If you haven't played in a while or kept up with the storyline then you may not know that Lion's Arch was destroyed, and is in the process of being rebuilt. When Lion's Arch fell under Scarlet Briar's rule I was completely devastated. I think that I played the Living World events for that every single day until we finally reclaimed the city from Scarlet. I know that this is going to sound weird, but I have even developed a mild form of PTSD from that event since everything seems real after you have been playing for hours at a time. AOE circles still make me cringe, the only thing I can think about when they appear is that I am about to get shot at and have myself electrocuted by some crazy dictator in a ginormous drill.

Tipsy Fatcat

10,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Awww yeah! Pretty happy that there is a GW2 thread.

What server do you guys play on? GoM for me. whee

Also, I think there is a typo in the main post. It should be 250, not 50. heart

Tipsy Fatcat

10,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Gh4stly
Shrii

Tarnished Coast for me. Thought maybe I could find some role-play to get into (has not happened yet).
I have never RP'd in game, but I use to love guesting over to TC to listen to the role players in Divinity Reach. It made the surrounding seem more alive.

I feel bad for the GW2 RP community. mega-servers pretty much ruined it =/. However, I have noticed recently an increase in role-players in Divinity again. Nowhere near as much as before though.

Tipsy Fatcat

10,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Gh4stly
Shrii

Of course. When I finally decide to get into the game all the role-players vanish. This always happens to me. emo
;_; They are coming back though! I would attempt to role-play in game with you...but I'd end up making you want to gouge your eyes out. When did you join? I've been on since Beta (and I am still a bad engi lol ).

Tipsy Fatcat

10,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Gh4stly

I've been playing my Asuran Engineer Xaija since day 1 and she is by far my favorite. I'm actually not as bad as I pretend to be on her. I'm just pretty rubbish at PvE since I prefer to play her in sPvP and WvWvW.

I've been drawn to the Asura the moment I saw Vekk in the first game. Being an Engi only seemed natural since I consider myself a little bit of a mad scientist. Also, they are really versatile and fun.

I also have a Gaurdian, Necromancer, and Ranger at 80. I tend to play the Ranger quite a bit as well. I also have a lowbie warrior (Tipsqueek) who is Xaija's kid sister. I only use her to troll guildies in PvP.

Not sure if this counts, but I also have a Character that is level 2 that is perma quaggan... stuck in Divinity reach... XD.

What about you?

Tipsy Fatcat

10,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Gh4stly
Shrii

I have not started leveling seriously and I am fairly indecisive but I know that casters are usually what I find most enjoyable. I have little interest in mesmers though and zero in melee professions --- thieves are only slightly tolerable. Unfortunately I find it hard to justify a necromancer from a role-playing perspective for a couple of reasons but at the same time their mechanics suit my playstyle well. Elementalist is a fine choice but after years of playing mages in various MMOs, I find them a bit stale at this point.

Engineer is a cool class but like the ranger, it is also somewhat bland especially when role-playing. Not sure what "perma quaggan" means since I am relatively new to the game but I do know that I am quite intrigued by PvP in this game and hope to participate it in frequently as I become more acquainted with the mechanics of both Guild Wars 2 and whatever class I feel most comfortable with.

P.S. Sorry for the late response.
Don't worry about response time. This is my first time back on gaia in almost 2 years. Trying to figure out what caused the market to go wonky.

The reason I love engi so much is the great versatility in the way you can play them. There are so many viable builds. So Whenever I get bored of one play style, I can switch it up a bit.

A friend of mine plays ele and loves it, I just have a really hard time getting into it. I've always preferred playing "medium" ranged classes. I'm only decent with my Melee classes when I play with a gamepad haha.

Btw, would you mind if I add you to friends on GW?

Tipsy Fatcat

10,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Gh4stly
Shrii

I have witnessed some people mention it but I forget what it is that they said that caused it. I believe it was an influx of items perhaps? That is perfectly understandable and I am certainly not criticizing you for your choice (not that you are accusing me of such), I just find that in a role-playing environment they tend to be... lackluster, as far as stories go. Though it may be me and I may simply lack the creativity to make them more intriguing. I will always have a spot in my heart for the classic "mage" class so more than likely I will end up with both an Elementalist and a Necromancer. Not at all and that will probably make conversing a little easier.
What is your account name or character name? So I can add ya. I'll pop in game and do so. 3nodding

Tipsy Fatcat

10,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Gh4stly
Shrii

It might be easier to do this the other way around since I may be deleting and recreating characters frequently, heh.
I am Xaija 3nodding .

I'll pop on now!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas