Welcome to Gaia! ::

hmmm im wondering what should the stats be for an archer who wants to be a hunter? biggrin

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Depends on what type of Hunter you're aiming for!

Agi/Dex?
Dex/Int?

ect...the list goes on..but this place helps you out GOOD!
http://forums.emperium.org/viewforum.php?f=19
Are you the alcolyte in your sig too, im an alcolyte myself
They're might be some stuff here too.
hmm i was thinking of dex/agi...but i dont know which one is best.

yep. thats me in Loki server, but im waiting for my account to renew.

xD thanks for the site.
the thing about archers is that u need to raise your dextarity more than anything else becaus ethat is ur damage. after that raise str so u can carry more better heavier weapons and alot of arrows. right now i have over 10k arrows and a gaukkung bow. i have around 70 dex and 40 str. all my other stats sit around 20 or less. as for hunter i am not sure for i need three job levels till i can even become 1.
No way! Don't raise str !!!

You can be battle/WoE or Solo.

I like solos, 'cause they raise agi first to 80 (or 70) and then dex to 80 (or 70). If you do this way (first agi), you depend on your weapon power, be sure to have a good one, like a +6 double hurricane/boned gakkung. After that, you can max agi or dex, as you want. Maybe get some luck for the bird attack rate or some int for the bird damage and trap sp.
If you are going battle/WoE/Pvp, you may get 90 (or 99) dex, like 40-70 vit and 50-70 int.
On my opinion, i like solos.
Check on a calculator program to know how many points you can distribute on your char when it gets to level 99 base.
On the skills, get all the basics but don't forget arrow shower if you are going to pvp/woe, even solos wait to 43-45 job to raise this skill.
Remeber that, the most important thing, is you like your char, so do it as you want xD
hmmm solo sounds fun, but i dont think ill have the zeny to buy +6 dbl hurricane/boned gakkung or even make one. is there any other bow i should use that would be good?
Any other bow?
You can try a regular +4 hurricane gakkung. But if you don't have money, you may be forced to get some dex first. You can get 40 dex and then raise agi, just buy some pots to level and use Double Strafe like crazy xp . Gakkung cardless and without upgrate can help with 40-50 dex, just don't raise too much, because you will "neglect?" (sorry, i don't speak english very well sweatdrop ) you defense stats and will be even more hard to level. That's why solos raise their defense stats first, depending on their weapons, to level faster.
I made my hunter raising dex to 30, and then all put to agi until 80. Then, you can raise dex again, and get hunter helpful stats (like int for the birdie and traps and stuff).
oohhhh that sounds so smart haha. i wouldve never thought of raising my dex then agi and then dex again! whee im not very good at lvling up my stats. sweatdrop and somehow i alway have 5k or lower because im usually spending my money on headgear.

hm...but what do i do with int?
Int?
There are some solos who raise int, others who raise luck, or hybrids who raise everything, muahahaha xd
After you got the dex-agi, you may get some luck and int, depends on your hunter type. If you are going to trap, get some int (*Trap hunters are no more useful now, so it's better to get luck). If you get luck, your falcon will attack like CRAZY !!!! (Luck increase the falcon auto-attack rate), even if you have little int (int raise your falcon damage) you won't need a great amount of damage, because you have gotten for this moments like 80 dex (using the 80 agi and 80 dex build) and your damage will be good enough, falcon will help attacking so many times and improving your damage total on a monster.
You can get like:
80 agi
80 dex
30 int (good enough due amatsu new sp recovery rate)
And 60 luck
And even with that, you will have 62 more points to raise something you like.

Check the calculator page:
http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~magnusrk/calc/
xd wow thats a lot of info. hmm but im also wondering..once i make my double strafe lvl 10, what skill should i level up next?
u should have dex for a good hunter u should fill that up to the highest first then worl on agi then after that do wat ever u wont with ur stats
black_sparrow
u should have dex for a good hunter u should fill that up to the highest first then worl on agi then after that do wat ever u wont with ur stats

hmm i dunno if im gonna use that method. sound basic and fun, but im still concerned with the other stats even when im lvling up dex & agi. xp whee
Erm, if I was you, I'd save up money for 2 bows and 2 bows only... maybe 3 if you want to PvP and a lot more if you want to MVP

The 2 main bows you need:
Double Boned or Double Titan

Get an arblast only if you are going to get the dex bonus (which comes in 10s). Get an Gakkung if otherwise because arblast are more expensive.

The 3rd bow that would be nice:
Double Bloody

Even if you are going pure agi/dex. I recommend getting green boots, pupa tights, or at least 20 vit just for HP purposes. Hunters are one of the classes with no HP whatsoever. It's best to get some HP gears to keep you alive.

If you want int for sp recovery and bird damage, 20 should be more than enough.
If you want a falconer, 50 is good enough for your bird to attack often.

If you follow this advice, you'll get a hybrid hunter.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff