Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alot of my friends in Iris are actually quite upset about the merge, but I'm excited. I'll be mad if I lose my name though.

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I don't blame them for being mad.
Some of us escape certain servers to be away from certain people.
And yeah, I agree with you on losing name.
I'm very concerned about my character's name, however I don't play RO anymore so I shouldn't be. xd

Bunny

About the name thing.

The way the GMs explained it is that if you're the oldest ACTIVE name holder, you win the name, and the other person must change their name. Most of you guys been playing forever. I'm sure you'll win the name no problem because there's a pretty good chance the other person on the other severs stopped playing long a go.

I don't think very many are going to be forced into a name change.
I don't think you have an option to freely rename if or if not the name is taken.

I think the way other severs merged is that you got to rename all of your characters right after. It was first come first sever and they didn't give priority to those who had the name beforehand. It's what iRO is trying to avoid.

I'd be a bit more worried about guild names. Though original owners are going to have priority on that too. So if the guild name gets sniped, the GMs till disband it.

& The old severs will hopefully be optimized and put towards this one. Hopefully each WoE realms gets their own.

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Kinky Kitten
I just paid for my account after almost a year long break to ensure everything will be fine for the merge. I'm pretty concerned about how this will turn out with the character names and guilds being deleted. I hope Gravity will ensure a safe transfer for all our data - including Kafra storage and carts.

It should be nice to see players from other servers too. :3 But what worries me is the lag the multiplied player base per server might cause.

If you are really worried transfer all the stuff you would simply die if you lost to your personal inventory on the night of the merge. The stuff in your carts and in kafra will probably be safe but there is no such a thing as being too prepared.

It might also be wise to make a list of your stuff and take a couple of screen shots as well.

dramallama

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Ymir is the name of the new server.
Arwen
Ymir is the name of the new server.

Ymir is a fine name. I was personally hoping for Fenris to win though.

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Yeah, I voted for Fenris too.
Damn >_< makes me want to play iRO again.
The maturity of the iRO community astounds me.

"OMG SAY NO TO a**-GUARD!!!1"

Its like middle school all over again! xd

iRO Jörmungandr for lyf, yo.
ninja

Bunny

IT BEGINS.

I liked the name Asgard, too bad people had to go and ruin it. Luckily I won't get to see assRO everywhere now. Though it does sum up most of the player base...
Now everyone gets to bicker about how to pronounce Ymir.

Like the girl who said she ttly knows Greek pronunciation, so we should listen to her.
rofl

Like everyone needs a new siggie (who has an RO one) now, or at least needs to edit it. Damn fad of putting server names on sigs.
xd

Bunny

A sound bit was posted

http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/42665/How_to_say_Ymir

It doesn't even sound like a work.
Rebecca
A sound bit was posted

http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/42665/How_to_say_Ymir

It doesn't even sound like a work.

I have no idea where that sound bit came from, but iirc Icelandic pronunciation would have it as "ee-mir" (long e then short i) sound I think? (going off Ýmir + Icelandic pronunciation guide lol). Yeah yeah Icelandic =! old Norse but its fairly close at least.

Like I said, everyone will argue about how the hell its said lol.

Bunny

Heimdallr posted it!

And I meant to type word, not work. huurrr

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out