Welcome to Gaia! ::

pmg_naturesjewel's Husbando

Devoted Trainer

My girlfriend and I want to find new games to play. Any suggestions are helpful ^^ We would like to find a game with fun flashy combat as well as a game with good PvE and not the generic MMO Quests (Kill ____ x many times or gather x amount of ____).

We've tried WoW and found the classes WAY too restrictive and attacks almost all looking same with just added effects. As well as quests being boring and extremely repetitive. (Pretty much everything we didn't want.) We've also tried Tera which as the same issues with quests and She has Issues with Lag on it.

Like I said open to any suggestions. :3
I play tera and dragon nest! both are great 3nodding

pmg_naturesjewel's Husbando

Devoted Trainer

kittenghoul
I play tera and dragon nest! both are great 3nodding

Like I said we already Played Tera and the quests are too much a like and lagg issues. xD Dragon nest we also tried awhile ago but we didn't like it.

Eilley's Widower

Ice-Cold Hellraiser

14,475 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Frozen Solid 200
Saynko
My girlfriend and I want to find new games to play. Any suggestions are helpful ^^ We would like to find a game with fun flashy combat as well as a game with good PvE and not the generic MMO Quests (Kill ____ x many times or gather x amount of ____).

We've tried WoW and found the classes WAY too restrictive and attacks almost all looking same with just added effects. As well as quests being boring and extremely repetitive. (Pretty much everything we didn't want.) We've also tried Tera which as the same issues with quests and She has Issues with Lag on it.

Like I said open to any suggestions. :3

This game isnt you're traditional mmorpg, and tbh they dont like to even be called an mmorpg, bu I'll leave this one here.

It's a game called Path of Exile. It's basically a game that's similar to the Diablo franchise. It has rpg elements and quests, but no grinding quests. competitive play. And most importantly a diversity of skill paths that you can choose from. It might be quite what your looking for but it's worth looking into.
FFXIV has a lot of couples playing and the community is very friendly, you do get the odd rude/elitist etc but aside from them the community is great.

You can download a free trial from the http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/ the Lodestone :p or you could download the trial on Steam as well.

EDIT: Once you get level 10 you can sign up with every guild and you can train up in any class you want on the one character. Plus the crafting and gathering classes have their own unique stories ^^.

King Fatcat

6,050 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Damn I wish you would have made this thread a week or so ago. There is is MMORPG called Guild Wars, mainly Guild Wars 2.

It's mostly about platforming, jump puzzles (might be the same thing, actually it probably is) and map exploring with a nice campaign and some dungeons.

Getting your a** to max level isnt really the goal in GW2 it's mainly crafting and exploring. Sure there are some quests like collect 10 wolf fangs in the beginning quests but it does get a lot better especially when you have more people.

Why i wish you would have made this thread a while ago is because GW2 was recently on sale for 10 bucks instead of the usual 40.

It isnt monthly payments just a 40 for the base game and you dont need to buy gems, or the real world in game currency. Unfortunately it is coming out with an expansion soon and that'll probably be around 40 as well.

Desirable Phantom

11,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
Korean Toker
Damn I wish you would have made this thread a week or so ago. There is is MMORPG called Guild Wars, mainly Guild Wars 2.

It's mostly about platforming, jump puzzles (might be the same thing, actually it probably is) and map exploring with a nice campaign and some dungeons.

Getting your a** to max level isnt really the goal in GW2 it's mainly crafting and exploring. Sure there are some quests like collect 10 wolf fangs in the beginning quests but it does get a lot better especially when you have more people.

Why i wish you would have made this thread a while ago is because GW2 was recently on sale for 10 bucks instead of the usual 40.

It isnt monthly payments just a 40 for the base game and you dont need to buy gems, or the real world in game currency. Unfortunately it is coming out with an expansion soon and that'll probably be around 40 as well.

This is a 100% no. I don't do Platforming. It pisses me off because my characters either A. Never want to jump. B. I get a terrible lag spike. or C. I always.. ALWAYS fall short.

King Fatcat

6,050 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Gekkoki
Korean Toker

This is a 100% no. I don't do Platforming. It pisses me off because my characters either A. Never want to jump. B. I get a terrible lag spike. or C. I always.. ALWAYS fall short.

Haha damn well guess it isnt for everyone. I mean they aren't mandatory. I just thought I would throw it in there since it's something else than grinding 50 bear claws. Honestly the only real tough puzzle I've been in was this one called Griffonrook Run or some s**t. You had to carry this dumbass rock all the way to the end past all this s**t. You take any damage and you drop the rock. Was fun though.

Desirable Phantom

11,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
Korean Toker
Gekkoki
Korean Toker

Haha damn well guess it isnt for everyone. I mean they aren't mandatory. I just thought I would throw it in there since it's something else than grinding 50 bear claws. Honestly the only real tough puzzle I've been in was this one called Griffonrook Run or some s**t. You had to carry this dumbass rock all the way to the end past all this s**t. You take any damage and you drop the rock. Was fun though.

If it wasn't for the platforming...
That and he'd have to buy the game for us both and without a demo.. I don't think he'd go for it xD

King Fatcat

6,050 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
If you ever do decide to grab it you wont be disappointed. It has been the most fun MMO i've played but that being said I haven't played much. GW2 doesnt turn your keyboard into a piano like some MMO's i've played (looking at you WoW and SRO) and it's fairly simple in design and all that good jazz. I never play because all my old guilds either left or stopped playing. But they have sometimes huge server wide events that everyone can join and those are pretty fun.

Desirable Phantom

11,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
Korean Toker
If you ever do decide to grab it you wont be disappointed. It has been the most fun MMO i've played but that being said I haven't played much. GW2 doesnt turn your keyboard into a piano like some MMO's i've played (looking at you WoW and SRO) and it's fairly simple in design and all that good jazz. I never play because all my old guilds either left or stopped playing. But they have sometimes huge server wide events that everyone can join and those are pretty fun.

Well my biggest concern is how the camera controls work and what the fighting style is like. (I really can't handle any games that have you aim with your mouse/control your camera with your mouse. (Tera and Dragon Nest both do this. My computer has lag spikes with these controls and makes it too hard for me to play)

Generous Lover

8,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Statustician 100
ESO just open up to free online if you wanna give that a go, (elder scrolls online)
Gameplay V
Game Play

King Fatcat

6,050 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Gekkoki

Well my biggest concern is how the camera controls work and what the fighting style is like. (I really can't handle any games that have you aim with your mouse/control your camera with your mouse. (Tera and Dragon Nest both do this. My computer has lag spikes with these controls and makes it too hard for me to play)

You can control camera with "Q" and "E" I believe and a lot of it is targeting. Like manually clicking the enemy and then you're set otherwise you can just wing it like I do in pugs and not give a s**t.

I would be so down to find more and better mmo's but I really don't want to donate 30gigs of space for something that I might play every once and a while. I really wanted to try the Star Wars one but it's like 26 gigs. No deal Howie.

Desirable Phantom

11,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
Korean Toker
Gekkoki

You can control camera with "Q" and "E" I believe and a lot of it is targeting. Like manually clicking the enemy and then you're set otherwise you can just wing it like I do in pugs and not give a s**t.

I would be so down to find more and better mmo's but I really don't want to donate 30gigs of space for something that I might play every once and a while. I really wanted to try the Star Wars one but it's like 26 gigs. No deal Howie.

x'D Yeah our little issue is the fact that my computer can't handle a whole lot.
It's not even meant to be able to do gaming. (That's why I was experiencing lag issues and such on Tera, even on the lowest graphic settings! And that's just UGLY)

At least you can download multiple games.. x'D I can only really have Elsword, Terraria, and one other large game on my computer at once or it lags up really bad and I get too frustrated..
XP

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces