Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Consumer

9,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I hear there's a better sense of direction for new characters now, which is great because that's what always got me.
I'd get started and run around trying to find things to keep me busy with not much luck. :<
Has anyone tried a new character to see what it's like now?
I've tried a new character for a while just to see what's it like.
I've got to say, the minimap thing is great, so is the leveling reward. But I still get armor (too much) armor for a class I'm not playing with.

I hoped they would change the trait system, It's a pain to start a mesmer now...

Have you tried it yet?

Desirable Donator

I actually just dropped back in after a six month hiatus, and it is quite different, despite the main concepts staying the same. I'm falling back into love with it and I just started a Human Mesmer, and I'm slowly moving it forward. Haha.
If you ever want to play, just let me know. I have no one to play with anymore, so I need some people to get on with.
o.o hm, what has changed about the game? It's been over a year since I looked at GW2.

I'm not playing any mmos at the moment and wouldn't mind taking another look at GW2 if they've really added some major changes. I enjoy the combat and overall flow of the game but felt like nothing really mattered after hitting lvl cap. It was just one huge gold grind with a little bit of pop culture and living story thrown in.

Hardcore Unicorn

Araiia
o.o hm, what has changed about the game? It's been over a year since I looked at GW2.

There's been a couple major feature packs that I can remember over the past year or so. One implemented the wardrobe system for armor so you don't have buy new sets every time you want to transmute something. This also allowed dyes to be accountbound rather than soulbound so you wouldn't have buy each color on each and every character. Minis are also part of the wardrobe system now.

They also revamped the traits system so you have to complete certain tasks to get certain points (if you didn't have them already). This gives you a bit more to do throughout the game and adds to the endgame.

There are a couple of world events that I'm pretty sure weren't there a year ago that are fun -- Tequatl, Triple Trouble, etc.

The biggest change though I think is the megaserver. Maps are a lot more populated now and it's way easier to do map completion/JPs because there's a lot more people around. Some people hate the megaservers but I think that they're overall pretty great.
I'm actually excited for Halloween because it's an incentive for me to log in and play again biggrin Haven't really touched it since the start of the LS mid-season break.

Handsome Smoker

I just got back on GW2 too and I got to say, I love this game more now than I ever did. heart

Adventuring Bookworm

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
I haven't played it since before the last major patch (aka the whole lvling fix), but I might log on soon for the whole Halloween thing.

Greedy Consumer

9,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Okay, so I'm about to jump into GW2 to see if I can get into it as my WoW sub is running out soon and I don't think I can afford to upkeep it at this time. crying

Are there any guides for GW2 newbies on the net you guys would suggest?

Floppy Kitten

You can always search youtube for something you're stuck on or ask guildmates, but anet has made GW2 a lot easier for newbies.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff