Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Shapeshifter

Capitao Sarcasmo
from_hell_6
I re-downloaded DOTA 2 a couple days ago, I haven't played it again yet.

Just wondering if someone could recommend some ranged heroes.
Drow and Drow.

FYI, you spelled Queen of Pain wrong.

Desirable Shapeshifter

Geistly

Jeeze, what's with everyone's spelling today?

Desirable Shapeshifter

Geistly
FearTheInsanityWithin

No idea. Mine is absolutely spot on.

Heh. Who would you recommend then, hm?

Desirable Shapeshifter

Geistly

from_hell_6
I re-downloaded DOTA 2 a couple days ago, I haven't played it again yet.

Just wondering if someone could recommend some ranged heroes.

^^

The reason I mentioned Queen of Pain in the first place. One of the heroes I do like outside of my comfort zone (Support).

Desirable Shapeshifter

Geistly

Each to their own, I guess. smile

Desirable Shapeshifter

Geistly

Thank you for the correction. My mistake.

Desirable Shapeshifter

Geistly

As someone who settled easily into the set role of supporting the heck out of a team, she happened to be one of the heroes I grew to like when I took time to have a look at mid lane-associated heroes. She has a naturally built-in positioning with her blink, so you needn't fork out extra money to carry around a dagger, and can therefore throw that moolah into making yourself one kinky mistress. She's pretty decent when it comes to ganking and shutting down SOB's early game, and if nobody's buying wards she can easily dash in and out of lanes from the jungle and nobody would know it was coming until they were a stain on the metaphorical carpet. Her Q is a decent harassing tool, provided you invest in a bottle (or some other early-game regen for your mana pool) and her E and R are wonderful burst damage abilities when it comes to wrecking team fights, or just generally killing off the enemy. I like the way she can dash in and out of fights, generally roam the map and lock down anyone she pleases without so much as a care in the world. The sooner you shut down the enemy carry(s) and such, the sooner teamfighting turns in your favour, and all that.

Granted, my opinion on her is probably very biased, but I tend to gravitate to the Intelligence heroes, as I often find myself enjoying supporting roles as Keeper of the Light, Dazzle, Visage, Enchantress, Lich, Rubick and occasionally Lion and Crystal Maiden (thought Lion's not my favourite for that kind of role but he is becoming rather popular in that respect). I also enjoy Jungle Chen, Mid Death Prophet and semi-carry Lina/Visage.

Desirable Shapeshifter

Geistly

I want to love pugna, but there's not really a middle ground regarding farm, at least that's how I see it. You either have a really great farm, get yourself aghanim's easily and go around wrecking people or your game takes a turn for the worst and you end up with little farm and so on and so forth. Your reasoning for Shadow Demon is exactly why I avoid him and Batrider. I was never a big fan of either. Also, I hope you do get to try Queen of Pain out (and hopefully enjoy playing her), she's generally fun for everyone but the enemy she's squashing underfoot. And I'm sure I'd like to hear how it went, if you're the type of person who likes to talk about that kind of thing. I'd like to think I gave someone a minuscule nudge in a helpful direction, if things were to work out in your favour. razz

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff