Welcome to Gaia! ::

So.

So here I am, having given up my Ragnarok Online monthly funds so I can play City of Heroes instead. Fine. That's alright. I had gotten myself up to Monk, I was happy with where I was, and I was a bit tired of the game. I had my reasons, and I said my farewells.

Now, Christmas rolls around, and I go "Hmm... I love chasing Santa Porings!" Then I go "Wow, they added new cities!" and then I go "Oh, what the hell, here's some money, Gravity!" I update my client, I log in, I fart around for a bit... then I make a novice. I level the little dear up a bit, then I take off from Morroc to Prontera! La la la... SCORPIONOMGWTFDOOM.

WHAT. THE. HELL.

So I switch to my novvie in Payon, and try to go to Prontera! ELDERWILLOWDOOMAGEOHNOES!

So now I'm a little frustrated, needless to say. But this ranty little post does have a point. I'm aware that enemy distribution has been updated. In the opinions of people who have been playing long enough to know what's up... how negatively does it impact the early and mid-level game? Is it going to make things even MORE retardedly frustrating and slow than it was before? xp

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
.... Yeah Amatsu messed up everything. Well leveling will be harder now cause..you have to find those monsters and sometimes even avoid aggro monsters.
Quote:
.... Yeah Amatsu messed up everything. Well leveling will be harder now cause..you have to find those monsters and sometimes even avoid aggro monsters.

...so I guess I might as well find someone to take all my good equipment, write the game off, and go find something better to do with my time? neutral

*mourns RO* crying I played you way back in Alpha... I loved you, RO, I loved you...

Vicious Brawler

19,975 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
It's still possible to level up early and mid-level. It's just that they nerfed most of the old low-level spots (ex., hodes, which is full of flies now), and put in some new ones.

Like, Mjolnir_07 (NE of Geffen) is the new poison spore map.

Then, for mages, there are stings instead of Clock Tower, which is infested with mimics and ridewords.

For archers, there's the GG map.

And I'm spending time on my 4x battleaco with savages.

So yeah, it's still possible to level.
Thanks, PG. smile Maybe I'll give the game a more thorough walk-over with my Monk, to figure out just what was put where.
Good lord I could not agree more. I took a six month break from RO due to work and school, and when I finally came back it was one HUGE OMGWTFHELL. I hate that I don't know where anything is anymore. ;_;
I was forunate enough to unjoin RO in January, then come back right before Amatsu so I could adjust with everyone else before taking another break. It was indeed a huge change and hard to adapt to. However, once you get readjusted, it's not so bad. whee
Try using a relatively up-to-date map that includes monster information. emperium.org has a pretty good one under their world section. I think that's what the section was called, anyways. It's good for checking what's where in general.

www.emperium.org

Invisible Gekko

Yeah it's been absolutely gay. Especially on Iris with the updates. Since there are Elders and Greatest Generals on the walk to Payon from Prontera, it was near impossible. In fact, a goddamn GG was RIGHT in front of the exit to the next map south of Payon. No one could get to it unless they warped, and no one had enough money.

So we had to wait for archers and mages to get off their sorry asses.

It's just plain hard now to level, I mean s**t when advanced second level classes hit I'd hate to see how hard it'll be to level past 99.
http://www.rouniverse.net/mapworld.htm

It has the updated monster spawns...maybe it'll help with finding places to level, etc. :3
Hell yes. It's harder to level now. I remember the times in alpha, o god, those were the good times.
Not so far, the biggest change for me was the Geffen Dungeon monster re-distribution. No more poison spores, now you can only find Hunter flies and barely Poison spores, how tha heck do they think a first job will level there? Anyways, it's all because the bots, the gravity's anti-bot monster distribution of hell.
Of course, you can level anyways. From novice and straight:
Porings,Rockers,Poporings,OrcZombies,Zenorcs,HighOrcs,Alarms and stuff. All depends on the job class of course.
I'm in loki server, iRO.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces