Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Fatcat

19,825 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Generous 100
  • Object of Affection 150

═══════ *¤* ★ * ¤ * *User Image* * ¤ * ★ *¤* *═══════

I'm quite new to the game (first ever MOBA) I've never been a fan of MOBA's but Smite's third person camera view sold me! I just wish I was better at the game... I don't really play conquest ._. Smite players are pretty damn unforgiving.

Smite is down at the moment I believe, so I'm just popping in to random discussions here and there razz

══════════════ * *¤ * ★ * ¤* * ═══════════****

Shirtless Exhibitionist

bonerblaster
Aqueous Dreams

Oh yeah, super broken right now. I had planned on playing some arenas this evening, but there haven't been any posts on the Smite forums or reddit about it either afaik. Not sure what the problem is.

Honestly, the Smite community can be a little harsh, but for pure a*****e levels it pales in comparison to say, League. I tend to make sure I report people who are verbally abusive, not because I'm a paragon of virtue or anything, just because I'd rather not have to deal with unpleasant people in my games, as they tend to also be toxic to gameplay as well.

I... Don't know xD I'd say it's worse in smite. While maybe the verbal abuse is less rampant, that's only because the equivalent people who would normally rage in league instead just leave the game. It's almost unheard of to be banned in smite, and I've never heard of anyone being banned for ragequitting games too often.

Although, when playing with a premade group of 5, I think the game is really enjoyable! I find it to be just as addicting as league, and as someone who doesn't like to spend RL currency on games, I love that we're able to buy skins with in-game currency.

But uh, yeah
Gaia Username: Kyo Fujihara
Smite Username: RinOkumura
Preferred Role(s)/Gods: Anything but tank as far as conquest/arena go; I main Scylla/Nemesis

Lonely Fatcat

19,825 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Generous 100
I suppose there are always assholes in any game you play. I have heard of people getting semi-banned from playing if enough people report them. Say if everyone in the match reported someone for being afk the whole time or purposely feeding, chances are they have an automatic ban system where they're unable to play a game for 30 minutes or so. I dunno...

I too report people if it's really that bad, otherwise I just rage quit the after game chat. Some times I can't bare to face the s**t talk from the winning team. Nothing gets me too bad in the game... unless I play with complete and utter retards ._.

Newbie Gekko

9,515 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
I generally don't have any issues with toxicity in the community. If anything it's me bitching out of game about mistakes teammates make but I generally only play in groups. I haven't felt compelled to report anyone for a bit but usually it's just for quitting the match.

Lunatic

I don't worry about reporting, honestly. I don't, never truly have, unless they're outright belligerent, but I don't encounter many of those

The effectiveness for me lies in just blocking a particular player, so I never get paired with or against them ever again if they're being a pain in the a** or feeding. All I have to do is suffer through a few more minutes, or if I'm willing to lose a small amount of goodwill (easily made up again), then I can jump ship sooner.
Usually I just suffer, block, and move on XD

Lonely Fatcat

19,825 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Generous 100
bonerblaster
Well, part of the seeming inefficacy of the report system is that even if it works as intended, there's no fanfare, no song and dance, and no real indication that it has. It bothered me enough to actually look into their warning/suspension/permaban systems, and all in all, it works in theory. The only real proof we have are the unban appeals/complaints on the forum and reddit.

It can't be ironclad, most of these sort of things tend to err on the side of leniency because they want people to continue to enjoy their product, and if people started getting false flagged too often for things, that would be really bad PR. As a result people can get away with being assholes, but only up to a certain point.

It reminds me of the site OMGPOP, they had a ridic. banning system where if you got enough reports you were instabanned by the system for 6+ hours. It was abused so much, if you just didn't like someone all you had to do was link everyone in your friendslist to their profile and ask them to report. But I guess for now I've had no REAL issues with people.

Lonely Fatcat

19,825 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Generous 100
bonerblaster
Just played an arena match with a friend as a sobek/kumba combo. It went ridiculously well, the peels were so strong.

Kumba is pretty fun in arena. I'm glad his passive isn't too ridiculously OP for Arena. I don't think I've ever survived whilst falling asleep xD My own team abandon me (not realising that I can put the entire opposite team asleep while they're trying to kill me in my sleep) wasting a perfect opportunity for a deicide. ALL IS FUN THOUGH smile

Lunatic

/random

Soultaker!Hades enters the Arena

emotion_awesome

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

Technicolour_Piston
/random

Soultaker!Hades enters the Arena

emotion_awesome

That is amazing. Hades is my favorite God and the Soultaker skin is my favorite skin -screams.-

Lunatic

Knightrix

That is amazing. Hades is my favorite God and the Soultaker skin is my favorite skin -screams.-
Ahh! I'm glad someone likes it :3 He's mine/that's mine too!

I was messing around with items and then had to quest obsessively for it ahaha.

Newbie Gekko

9,515 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
I liked it when they switched the nightmare skin to the default. The hold and legendary looks awesome for the nightmare Hades. I like to build him hybrid mage/tank.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff