Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Traveler

User Image
Happy Holidays!

You must be sending an awful lot of gifts or something to be collecting on the ornaments that fast. Either that or they've improved the grant rate so you don't have to work so hard for it. o_o emotion_sweatdrop

Well, my mom left the house this morning and she didn't turn back so I'm guessing conditions were alright once she made it down to the main roads. And since she's still not back now I'm guessing it wasn't bad enough in town for A.C. Moore to shorten its hours to let her off the hook so she won't be getting back until late tonight. In any case, I've shoveled out the walkway again so it won't re-freeze into a slippery slab of ice before she gets back.

You know, the funny thing is I'm pretty sure this laptop got faster after I tweaked it to my specifications because naturally my first step was to install Avast and forcibly remove the included Norton Anti-Virus (which I hate with a passion). I've already installed all the programs I actually intend to use and all the files from my old computer and external hard drive and there's still a ton of space leftover. And, of course, since the battery can actually hold a charge, I can use it anywhere in the house instead of having to plug it in all the time. So yeah, now that I've adjusted it to do what I want it to do I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Also, you were absolutely right to recommend that Vernors over ice combo. By the way, I think that might be the best tasting ginger soda I've ever tasted.

Friendly Genius

Actually, I was donating game items for a good chunk of it. I had something like 4000 Bachelor's Credits from back when Word Bump gave a decent amount of gold, so I was just doing those thirty at a time to get another ornament. ^__^;;

Here's hoping your mom gets home safe and sound, and doesn't have too nasty of a time at work.

Norton is a piece of work, good call on removing it right away. I left it deactivated for a while, and aside from the annoying popups, it actually turned out to be responsible for quite a few times that my computer had crashed. I keep my laptop plugged in whenever possible out of habit, so naturally my battery is pretty much dead and only lasts a few minutes at a time. I may have to replace that sometime.

And I'm glad you enjoyed the Vernors, it's one of my personal favorites. I highly recommend that you make ice cream floats out of all three of those if you get a chance, I promise you won't regret it.

Omnipresent Traveler

User Image
Happy Holidays!

I see, so that's your strategy. Well played.

I knew Norton is nothing but trouble because it used to installed on my mom's PC and I had to remove it after the subscription had expired. And, of course, that meant having to get past the annoying popups nagging at you to buy a new subscription slowing the entire machine to a crawl if you couldn't close them fast enough. Ugh. I so wasn't going to put up with that bullshit on my own computer.

And I think there's a carton of vanilla ice cream stashed away in the freezer. Seems like unusual weather to be thinking about having an ice cream float, but the idea is certainly very tempting even if it is bloody cold around here.

Friendly Genius

And people thought I was mad for hoarding so much junk in my inventory. Mad! I'll show them mad!

I'm glad there are such great alternatives like Avast, which as far as I can tell wastes less of the user's memory, and the closest it comes to Norton's level of harassment is to, once a year, ask "Hey, would you like to give us money for some additional features? No? Oh, okay, carry on!"

There's no such thing as a bad time for an ice cream float. That's only a suggestion, though, because I know how fast those cans can go, especially if you're sharing with everyone else.

Omnipresent Traveler

User Image
Happy Holidays!

I'm the only one here who really enjoys exotic soda. My mom is a Coca Cola loyalist and my brother primarily consumes Dr. Pepper. With that in mind, I think I can manage a few floats with what's available to me. ^_^

So, one of the major perks of having this new computer is that I can actually play social games on Facebook or explore the Pokemon Dream World without it crashing!

Friendly Genius

Wonderful, they can actually last you a good while, then. ^__^

And hurray! I don't know what it is about Facebook, but the flash games on there seem to stretch my computer to its limits just as much as any computer game.

Omnipresent Traveler

User Image
Happy Holidays!

It's because those games on Facebook constantly have those "suggestion windows" popping up at you trying to get you to do more stuff. Since the page never really stops loading content it's not surprising how memory intensive some of those games end up being.

Omnipresent Traveler

User Image
Happy Holidays!

Happy 2013 Everybody! (From the future for those of you still living in 2012 at the moment.)

Friendly Genius

Well, I seem to have allowed myself to become somewhat distracted over the past week or so. Sorry about that, we've got a bit of family drama at the moment and I wouldn't have been the best of company anyway. ^__^;

Omnipresent Traveler

User Image
Because together
We are far stronger
Than we could ever be
When we are alone

No need to apologize. We all get dragged into a bit of family drama every once in awhile. And it's not like I haven't had my own distractions in the meantime. On that note, I'm now the proud trainer of a shiny Haxorus from the Nature Preserve in my copy of Black Version 2 meaning that I have successfully "seen" all 300 pokemon in the Unova Pokedex minus Meloetta (which hasn't yet been distributed outside of Japanese events) and have apparently already captured 444 pokemon from the National Pokedex meaning I'm well on my way toward eventual Pokedex completion.

Revered Sex Symbol

11,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
If I had Black or White 2 I could easily get whatever you are missing.

Friendly Genius

Just how many pokemon do you have left to complete your pokedex, Crystal?

And oh, man, if that was this year's flu, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. My sinuses were fine, but I was so nauseous that I could only eat a piece of bread or a few spoonfuls of applesauce before having to lay down again. And I spent two days doing exactly that, until my whole body ached from spending so much time in bed and I had to constantly move between that and sitting on the couch just to get any rest at all, my mind racing deliriously all the while. Once I could stomach an Advil for the pain and fever, though, I felt a million times better.

Omnipresent Traveler

User Image
Because together
We are far stronger
Than we could ever be
When we are alone

I've got about 200 left to catch or transfer from my other games. It's not like I can't pull it off. I'm just going about it at my own pace and trying to finish up Pokemon White 2 while I'm at it.

My mom's been sick since Wednesday night and has been calling out of work since Thursday, but at least she seems to be doing better. As for me, I've been consuming liberal amounts of tea in an effort to keep myself from catching whatever it is she's got. From what I understand this flu season is getting pretty bad.

Friendly Genius

Keep up the good work, Crystal! Any idea what happens in this version when you get everything? I haven't done that since the good old days of red and blue, and all I remember is that little certificate thingy.

I've heard that it's supposed to be bad, and I've also heard that it's too early to really say either way. I'm not sure what to believe, aside from that the media is hyping everything up as usual. ^__^;

Omnipresent Traveler

User Image
Because together
We are far stronger
Than we could ever be
When we are alone

The rewards for Pokedex completion are the "Permit" which enables access to the Nature Preserve which allows you to capture a level 60 shiny Haxorus once you've seen all 300 pokemon in the Unova Dex, the Oval Charm which is a key item that raises the likelihood of finding eggs at the Daycare once you've captured all 300 pokemon in the Unova Dex, and finally the Shiny Charm which is a key item that increases the likelihood of encountering shiny pokemon once you've captured all 649 pokemon in the National Dex.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff