Welcome to Gaia! ::

Visions_of_La
THE TONE POLICE
Visions_of_La
I p much just shoegaze now
with the occasional hip hop

I've also taken a liking to musique concrete

musique concrete is great. do you have any composers that you particularly like?

not per se, outside of the obvious Pierre Schaeffer
I will take any recs though. I want to explore it more

well i mean i mostly know the obvious, like bernard parmegiani, françois bayle, pierre henry, karlheinz stockhausen, delia derbyshire, etc

Magical Shoujo

i just got hooked up with this, so im not gonna be listening to metal for a ******** while because what the ******** is metal compared to sick boopy noises

Nasty Mayors Daughter
its completely phasal, but i just get obsessive about certain things. like I'll only listen to a single band for a couple days or a week at a time, sometimes just one album (sometimes even just a single song *im looking at you "5 Dollars - S"*)

i find also that it can tend to be seasonal as well, im more into metal during winter and spring than i am during summer and fall, summer i tend to listen to more electronic music and fall is folk time

i dont think really I'll ever stop listening to something just because of auxilary factors though, if i like it i want to listen to it forever, but i've learned better than to just listen to one thing for three months straight and burn myself on it

this.

i havent dug for any new metal in a long while but I still listen to what I have in my collection. matter of fact I came back here cause I need that feeling in me to be reinvigorated. my ******** job and not listening to metal made me feel like I lost a part of myself tbh, and I'm trying to get that back.

Friendly Friend

right now I'm working my way through as much ambient music as possible. it's always been the one genre I've loved over anything and everything else, but I've never given it the scholarly attention I feel I should be.

this involves, but is not limited to, going through older works in the likes of Aphex Twin's two albums and Brian Eno and whatnot

and also through newer stuff like this

Friendly Friend

also I got a chance to listen to demdike stare's 2012 album elemental recently and it is a wonderful piece of work

Friendly Friend

also also speaking on newer s**t I wish julien neto and the abbasi brothers would each release something new too. last time neto released anything was 05 and the abbasis was back in 08

Conservative Businessman

5,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Brandisher 100
It's not like I completely stop listening to metal overnight. I may not take any tech-death metal s**t anymore, but there will always be metall-ish things that will draw my attention once in a while.
In my case, I really got into the 2013 releases of Oranssi Pazuzu, Grave Miasma and Agrimonia, even when I'm listening to Chelsea Wolfe and Zola Jesus most of the time.

Shirtless Seeker

I don't know any music that really gets me hype. Music I really enjoy makes my left foot spazz like a ********, regardless of whether or not the track is a foot-tapper. It used to be a regular occurrence, but now it became more rare over time. Maybe it's just that I don't know the right stuff. I don't know what can now hit that sweet spot.
However, more Exorelations tracks are in the works, but that's because Exorelations was always just my way of experimenting with sounds. It's an entirely personal journey, not something meant for the enjoyment of others. Which is why I shamelessly promote it. I find that s**t amusing. And maybe there's an audience out there somewhere. It's not the kind of personal that would mean keeping it away from people. None of my "art" right now is about popular enjoyment. It's just soul-searching. College-age individuation stuff.

Versatile Explorer

Bloodbirds
Nasty Mayors Daughter
its completely phasal, but i just get obsessive about certain things. like I'll only listen to a single band for a couple days or a week at a time, sometimes just one album (sometimes even just a single song *im looking at you "5 Dollars - S"*)

i find also that it can tend to be seasonal as well, im more into metal during winter and spring than i am during summer and fall, summer i tend to listen to more electronic music and fall is folk time

i dont think really I'll ever stop listening to something just because of auxilary factors though, if i like it i want to listen to it forever, but i've learned better than to just listen to one thing for three months straight and burn myself on it

this.

i havent dug for any new metal in a long while but I still listen to what I have in my collection. matter of fact I came back here cause I need that feeling in me to be reinvigorated. my ******** job and not listening to metal made me feel like I lost a part of myself tbh, and I'm trying to get that back.

Goddamn it, someone that feels me! cry

Mahou Shoujou Satan-chan
I don't know any music that really gets me hype. Music I really enjoy makes my left foot spazz like a ********, regardless of whether or not the track is a foot-tapper. It used to be a regular occurrence, but now it became more rare over time. Maybe it's just that I don't know the right stuff. I don't know what can now hit that sweet spot.
However, more Exorelations tracks are in the works, but that's because Exorelations was always just my way of experimenting with sounds. It's an entirely personal journey, not something meant for the enjoyment of others. Which is why I shamelessly promote it. I find that s**t amusing. And maybe there's an audience out there somewhere. It's not the kind of personal that would mean keeping it away from people. None of my "art" right now is about popular enjoyment. It's just soul-searching. College-age individuation stuff.

Well... you were a grind/gore/brutal death guy before. But I support you in your musical endeavors. biggrin

Shirtless Seeker

Mandrakk The Dark Monitor
Bloodbirds
Nasty Mayors Daughter

this.

Mahou Shoujou Satan-chan

Well... you were a grind/gore/brutal death guy before. But I support you in your musical endeavors. biggrin

Well, I guess there is that. ******** I was such a shithead. I'm pretty sure I still am but I think I've made some progress. I used to spend my days just spitefully wasting away. I still hate a bunch of s**t a lot but it isn't all the time and it isn't such self-indulgent bitterness, or maybe it's even more self-indulgent, but it's different and I like it better this way.
With music I have no ******** clue where to go.

Exorelations just received a pretty cool review: "It's pretty intense I like what I hear. Sort of makes you feel like your bludgeoning your way out of an 8 bit bloodbath with a 55oz beryllium ball pein hammer."

Versatile Explorer

Mahou Shoujou Satan-chan
Bloodbirds
Nasty Mayors Daughter

this.

Mahou Shoujou Satan-chan

Well, I guess there is that. ******** I was such a shithead. I'm pretty sure I still am but I think I've made some progress. I used to spend my days just spitefully wasting away. I still hate a bunch of s**t a lot but it isn't all the time and it isn't such self-indulgent bitterness, or maybe it's even more self-indulgent, but it's different and I like it better this way.

Exorelations just received a pretty cool review: "It's pretty intense I like what I hear. Sort of makes you feel like your bludgeoning your way out of an 8 bit bloodbath with a 55oz beryllium ball pein hammer."

I'm in conflict as to where to begin or go from...
Don't worry man... I was a tech death and brutal death/goregrind kinda guy so I can relate. (Now I'm listening to the electronic counter part of it: Speedcore and the like)

You prefer it because it is a more progressed and defined feeling that you can explain better and feel the kind of detail of knowing what it's like.

Shirtless Seeker

Mahou Shoujou Satan-chan
Bloodbirds
Nasty Mayors Daughter

this.

Mahou Shoujou Satan-chan

I'm in conflict as to where to begin or go from...
Don't worry man... I was a tech death and brutal death/goregrind kinda guy so I can relate. (Now I'm listening to the electronic counter part of it: Speedcore and the like)

You prefer it because it is a more progressed and defined feeling that you can explain better and feel the kind of detail of knowing what it's like.

yeah, pretty much
I actually have ideas for exorelations material but my laptop got all kinds of ******** over so I can't do any of it until that gets taken care of. In the meantime I'll release some old s**t. And yeah I do all my s**t on a shitty laptop. It sucks. So much work has been lost because I pushed it too hard.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff