Welcome to Gaia! ::

iDigress's Husbando

Tipsy Smoker

10,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
I've listened to Elvenking since before I joined the Navy (over 4 years ago) and I am glad to see they came out with a new album! (I am behind the times I know)

I've always liked their fantasy themed music, it's pretty awesome to play games to. (although I mostly smoked up while listening to them before the Navy)

Any other Elvenking fans out there? I'll just leave a yootoob of a track of their latest album.

Baron Von Gneo
fantasy themed power metal

re·dun·dan·cy
noun ri-ˈdən-dən(t)-sē

: the act of using a word, phrase, etc., that repeats something else and is therefore unnecessary

: a word, phrase, etc., that repeats something else and is therefore unnecessary : a redundant word, phrase, etc.

: a part in a machine, system, etc., that has the same function as another part and that exists so that the entire machine, system, etc., will not fail if the main part fails

iDigress's Husbando

Tipsy Smoker

10,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Back In Gehenna
Baron Von Gneo

re·dun·dan·cy
noun ri-ˈdən-dən(t)-sē

: the act of using a word, phrase, etc., that repeats something else and is therefore unnecessary

: a word, phrase, etc., that repeats something else and is therefore unnecessary : a redundant word, phrase, etc.

: a part in a machine, system, etc., that has the same function as another part and that exists so that the entire machine, system, etc., will not fail if the main part fails
Thank you for your thoughtful and informative post!
I feel like your completely necessary contribution to the community has left me with knowledge I can use in everyday life.

Invisible Gatekeeper

Baron Von Gneo
Back In Gehenna
Baron Von Gneo

re·dun·dan·cy
noun ri-ˈdən-dən(t)-sē

I feel like your completely necessary contribution to the community has left me with knowledge I can use in everyday life.

unnecessary like you namedropping the ******** navy multiple times like it's supposed to be something impressive?

iDigress's Husbando

Tipsy Smoker

10,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
antique sea smoke
Baron Von Gneo
Back In Gehenna
Baron Von Gneo

re·dun·dan·cy
noun ri-ˈdən-dən(t)-sē

unnecessary like you namedropping the ******** navy multiple times like it's supposed to be something impressive?
I would hope not, I would never suggest anyone to join the Navy. I was just using it as a frame of reference of time, and to denote activities of smoking some weed vs. not being able to smoke up.
It's just a job.
That being said, I was answering Back In Gehenma in a way to suggest that fantasy and power metal are not synonymous, nor is every example of power metal related to a fantasy aspect.

Invisible Gatekeeper

Baron Von Gneo
antique sea smoke
Baron Von Gneo
Back In Gehenna
Baron Von Gneo

re·dun·dan·cy
noun ri-ˈdən-dən(t)-sē

I would hope not, I would never suggest anyone to join the Navy. I was just using it as a frame of reference of time, and to denote activities of smoking some weed vs. not being able to smoke up.
It's just a job.
That being said, I was answering Back In Gehenma in a way to suggest that fantasy and power metal are not synonymous, nor is every example of power metal related to a fantasy aspect.

original post
tell me the hilarious story of meps personnel processing you into military service despite your admittance of casual recreational drug use

and if you could also include a paraphrasing of your commanding officer's hypothetical reply e-mail to me regarding my inquiry as to why one of his sailors is putting his membership of the navy on blast while reminiscing about smoking weed and tripping shrooms, that'd be p funny, too

but i couldn't give a s**t less and honestly that's too dickish even for me

that being said, try not to be such a dumbass about posting your branch of employment, your ship of employment and anything that might get you sent to mast all in one convenient place for the first a*****e who comes along
i've seen higher ups in chain of command on weirder sites than this and i've seen people go to mast for less

iDigress's Husbando

Tipsy Smoker

10,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
antique sea smoke
Baron Von Gneo
antique sea smoke
Baron Von Gneo
Back In Gehenna
Baron Von Gneo

re·dun·dan·cy
noun ri-ˈdən-dən(t)-sē

It's just a job.

original post
tell me the hilarious story of meps personnel processing you into military service despite your admittance of casual recreational drug use

and if you could also include a paraphrasing of your commanding officer's hypothetical reply e-mail to me regarding my inquiry as to why one of his sailors is putting his membership of the navy on blast while reminiscing about smoking weed and tripping shrooms, that'd be p funny, too

but i couldn't give a s**t less and honestly that's too dickish even for me

that being said, try not to be such a dumbass about posting your branch of employment, your ship of employment and anything that might get you sent to mast all in one convenient place for the first a*****e who comes along
i've seen higher ups in chain of command on weirder sites than this and i've seen people go to mast for less

With pleasure, but it's pretty boring:
Request #1: Recruiter conversation: "It's obvious you smoke weed by popping for THC on this piss test, but since there is nothing on record other than a couple speeding tickets, we will keep testing you and send you to MEPS when you're clean."
ME: "Okay." (I smoked a few more times so it took a took months for me to get in to MEPS, but whatever)

MEPS: "Have you used any illegal drugs?"
Me: "No."

Request#2: what my upper chain of command would think about drug use
Chief: "I know you're going to Colorado in April for your next station, but you can't smoke weed.
Me: "Yes Chief"
LT: "Your wife can smoke, but you can't until you're a civilian"
Me: "Yes 'mam"

Invisible Gatekeeper

words fail me

Business Bear

hay doods who wants to smoke pot? i got this pot from a guy who i met in the navy. we listen to elvenking and talk about how we're gonna smoke more pot when we're done being in the navy.

THE NAVY

also i'm in the navy

Fashionable Cat

So OP how do you feel about that time we nuked Japan

Business Bear

TABLEWRECKER
waits

Perfect Member

i'm calling this thread fedex because it delivers

iDigress's Husbando

Tipsy Smoker

10,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Back In Gehenna

Well, I wasn't alive back in 1941, but if I was, I would have been pretty pissed about Japan's Divine Wind taking out around 2,400 of my people.

How do YOU feel about the Japan/Korea Treaty of 1876? Where farmers were forced to leave their farms to work smelting steel in the cities (or they were kiled). Not to mention unspeakable acts brought upon Koreans by Japanese.

I'll answer instead how I feel about living in Japan for the last three years: I love it!!
I work out of Yokosuka, however I live with a couple of my buddies in Kinugasa, and it's absolutely beautiful! The culture is very interesting, the people are very polite and they love beer!
I'm going to miss Japan when I leave.
Baron Von Gneo
Back In Gehenna

Well, I wasn't alive back in 1941, but if I was, I would have been pretty pissed about Japan's Divine Wind taking out around 2,400 of my people.

So what you're saying is, attacking one offshore military base, that we knew was coming, that resulted in the deaths of around 2,400 servicemen signed up while the biggest war in history was going on and knew they might be ******** warranted dropping two superweapons on two cities full of innocent people that more than likely didn't even know what was going on (that was how Japan worked then) resulting in the instant deaths of 130,000 - 250,000 people and the slow, painful radiation poisoning deaths of thousands more women and children, was justified?

******** you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces