Welcome to Gaia! ::

Does anyone listen to Cowboy Metal? I just got into it and I'm looking for some more bands. If you don't know what Cowboy Metal is it's basically heavy distorted riffs with cowboy themes and sometimes the artists dress up like cowboys. Bands that are Cowboy Metal include: Pantera, Hellyeah, Texas Hippie Coalition, etc. I'm looking for more though, please help with my search! Also if you're new to Cowboy Metal, check it out it's great!

CMON CMON CMON TURN IT UP CMN CMON CMON TURN TI UP CMON LETS TURN IT UP LOUDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
ou should check out clutch and five finger death punch, they're pretty good and both kinda sound like cowboy metal you'd probably like them

i found clutch through a left 4 dead commercial back in the day i haven't stopped listening to them since

5 finger death punch is a little heavier tho but you'll still probably like them

Floorboards
ou should check out clutch and five finger death punch, they're pretty good and both kinda sound like cowboy metal you'd probably like them

i found clutch through a left 4 dead commercial back in the day i haven't stopped listening to them since

5 finger death punch is a little heavier tho but you'll still probably like them

Dude these bands rock, just what I'm looking for!!!

Versatile Explorer

So "cowboy metal" (which isn't a genre lmao) is just another term for edgy wannabe tough guy metal that's s**t. Good to know.

Greedy Capitalist

Mandrakk The Dark Monitor
So "cowboy metal" (which isn't a genre lmao) is just another term for edgy wannabe tough guy trailer trash metal that's s**t. Good to know.

Versatile Explorer

Ace the Fatalist
So "cowboy metal" (which isn't a genre lmao) is just another term for edgy wannabe tough guy trailer trash metal that's s**t. Good to know.

They aren't wannabe trailer trash though, they are wannabe tough guys though. Add that in then.

Greedy Capitalist

Ace the Fatalist

They aren't wannabe trailer trash though, they are wannabe tough guys though. Add that in then.

********, should have crossed out 'wannabe', too.
I feel bad for these bands, they are actually the least creative of all Metal bands
So "cowboy metal" (which isn't a genre lmao) is just another term for edgy wannabe tough guy metal that's s**t. Good to know.

Why do they all have the same sound and dress the same if it's not a genre? Do you even know what a genre is? What about viking metal dude?

Versatile Explorer

Jordan Pundik

Why do they all have the same sound and dress the same if it's not a genre? Do you even know what a genre is? What about viking metal dude?

Yeah, more than you do. lol
Cause Viking metal dresses up like Vikings all the time. rolleyes
You don't know how genres work.
Not a thing.

Also "Walk" is one of the worst metal songs ever recorded.

Versatile Explorer

Doghouse Reilly
"Walk" is one of the worst metal songs ever recorded.

Perfect Member

go away adam
Jordan Pundik

Yeah, more than you do. lol
Cause Viking metal dresses up like Vikings all the time. rolleyes
You don't know how genres work.

They dress up like vikings and sing about them, I mean that's why it's called viking metal and not heavy metal.

Doghouse Reilly
Not a thing.

I'll believe you when you prove it and no, it isn't. Pantera are legends and they make and have made way more money than you ever will.
Jordan Pundik

Doghouse Reilly
Not a thing.

I'll believe you when you prove it and no, it isn't. Pantera are legends and they make and have made way more money than you ever will.

The burden of proof rests with you, sir. What is the common ingredient to "cowboy metal?" What is it that makes it a cohesive genre and aesthetic? Honestly, among the tracks you posted, I don't hear a level of commonality that merits it being called a genre or label. After all, all the bands you posted are just groove metal bands (which is already an established subgenre) that happen to be from the south. Why is it that you think "cowboy metal" should be a legitimate label? You're just making unnecessary subdivisions at this point.

And what do I care if Pantera makes more money than me? Justin Bieber or Nickelback makes more money than I do. The amount of money they make means nothing as far as quality is concerned.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff