Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enduring Phantom

So, for those who aren't aware, the fifteenth of March, also known as the ides of March, is when Caesar was assassinated. For some reason we decide to wear togas on that day, whether it be to remember him, remember the event, or just show fandom of the Shakespeare play about the whole thing.

That day happens to be today, so I must ask, who else is wearing their toga? Mine turned out nicely for using just a queen sized sheet, and not the 6 by 2 yards cut that togas were actually made of~.

Feral Prophet

5,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Statustician 100
I'm wearing my toga today xD

Fashionable Vampire

28,390 Points
  • Charged Up 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
I've never heard of doing that o,o
does Gaia have togas?

Dapper Duelist

8,100 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Dramatica Grimm
does Gaia have togas?
Search the marketplace? I've never seen a toga on Gaia before... if there isn't one, there should be!
I have seen laurels before though (those small, leafy things that are kind of like a crown that come out from behind your ears and don't go all the way around your head). Caesar-esque enough?

Dapper Genius

I thought The Ides of March was a boring movie with George Clooney..

Enduring Phantom

Azrael Dethra
I'm wearing my toga today xD

emotion_brofist

Enduring Phantom

D4RK_L1NK5rebellion
Dramatica Grimm
does Gaia have togas?
Search the marketplace? I've never seen a toga on Gaia before... if there isn't one, there should be!
I have seen laurels before though (those small, leafy things that are kind of like a crown that come out from behind your ears and don't go all the way around your head). Caesar-esque enough?

I don't think there's a toga in the proper traditional sense, but the item silver laurels has a sort of interpretation of one, I think...and there's another item that does basically the same style in different colors. They really should make a proper model, it would be so awesome.

Speaking of laurels, hellz yeah. I actually have laurels on today as well, ironically. So it's my laurels, a queen sized sheet folded the traditional way a toga would be, and my sandals that are reminiscent of Roman sandals. I feel like a boss. cool

Doting Rogue

8,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150
Hmm... Toga Time!

Enduring Phantom

Short Change Hero
I thought The Ides of March was a boring movie with George Clooney..

Never seen the movie, but I was tempted to look into it to see if the title foreshadowed anything in the movie or if it was just a witty reference for whatever reason.

But indeed, the ides of March means the 15th, or 'middle' of March, if you will. It just happens to be made famous by bad happenings. xd

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Et tu, Brute? Then fall, Caesar.

Beloved Gaian

8,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
I was not aware of the toga wearing ritual either; but it sounds fun. Next year I'll make my kids dress in togas for The Ides of March. We can have a Roman awareness day.

Golden Cat

It's my birthday....I am the ghost of Caesar.

Lonely Phantom

If I had a toga, I'd be wearing it.

Super Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
I wasn't aware that people actually commemorated the day in such a way. If I could, I would.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff