Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who is your favorite VK character?

Yuki Cross 0.11 11.0% [ 11 ]
Kaname Kuran 0.27 27.0% [ 27 ]
Zero Kiryu 0.4 40.0% [ 40 ]
Other 0.22 22.0% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 100 ]
1 2 >

So I finished the VK series a while back already (btw this is my all time favorite manga!) but I've never been able to get over the way it ended crying Maybe it's because I'm a huge Kaname fan, but I thought the ending was a little rushed and it kinda left me wondering "Wait...That's It?". Does anyone feel the same or have any other thoughts about the ending/series?

Mewling Sex Symbol

12,125 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Flavio Braginski's avatar MordredLeFrey's avatar g h o s t i l e's avatar
cat_surprised cat_crying I feel the same, friend.

Player

When I finished it I made my best friend read the ending because it wasn't an ending I was expecting and it's just so VK style
For one, we both kind of lamented how the time Kaname and Yuki spent together was so short. Yuki got to be with Zero for more than 10 centuries, while she only spent her human life with Kaname. Going along that, it's not completely unsatisfying considering she gets to be with both guys, but it reminds me a bit of another manga where the boyfriend dies and the girl ends up with her childhood friend: it's a mixture of a happy painful ending. That's how I feel in regards to Kaname "falling into a deep sleep". And I remember reading somewhere that Kaname is the true Vampire Knight and this story was about him: and he's "saved" in the end when Yuki gives him what he desired since the beginning of his existence. Which leaves the manga on a lighter and hopeful note . . . though it's still very sad because Yuki died before Kaname did. It's like those weird time traveling stories.
What really sealed the deal for me was Yori and Hanabusa. I didn't see it coming, but oh man that funeral scene I kind of bawled inside crying Yori was always my favourite character because not only is she extremely cute, but she's pretty mysterious and it wasn't until the end we really see the reason behind her reserved nature haha kind of wished there was more developpement for her and Aidou in the storyline, I'm secretly hopeing for a spin-off
haine22
When I finished it I made my best friend read the ending because it wasn't an ending I was expecting and it's just so VK style
For one, we both kind of lamented how the time Kaname and Yuki spent together was so short. Yuki got to be with Zero for more than 10 centuries, while she only spent her human life with Kaname. Going along that, it's not completely unsatisfying considering she gets to be with both guys, but it reminds me a bit of another manga where the boyfriend dies and the girl ends up with her childhood friend: it's a mixture of a happy painful ending. That's how I feel in regards to Kaname "falling into a deep sleep". And I remember reading somewhere that Kaname is the true Vampire Knight and this story was about him: and he's "saved" in the end when Yuki gives him what he desired since the beginning of his existence. Which leaves the manga on a lighter and hopeful note . . . though it's still very sad because Yuki died before Kaname did. It's like those weird time traveling stories.
What really sealed the deal for me was Yori and Hanabusa. I didn't see it coming, but oh man that funeral scene I kind of bawled inside crying Yori was always my favourite character because not only is she extremely cute, but she's pretty mysterious and it wasn't until the end we really see the reason behind her reserved nature haha kind of wished there was more developpement for her and Aidou in the storyline, I'm secretly hopeing for a spin-off

Yeah the ending wasn't completely bad, it just felt really bitter-sweet sad I just expected something a little different because it kind of left me wondering what the heck Kaname will do now that he is human? And if he still has his memories of Yuki and everyone because when Yuki was turned into a human she forgot everything :/ ? And I know! It was really sad crying they never really talked about Yori in the story so I was happy that they finally explained some things about her but it was still sad sad Ugh but that last scene with kaname holding the baby in the chair... That did it for me, I felt like crying DX!!

Player

ARIA_M00N
haine22

Yeah the ending wasn't completely bad, it just felt really bitter-sweet sad I just expected something a little different because it kind of left me wondering what the heck Kaname will do now that he is human? And if he still has his memories of Yuki and everyone because when Yuki was turned into a human she forgot everything :/ ? And I know! It was really sad crying they never really talked about Yori in the story so I was happy that they finally explained some things about her but it was still sad sad Ugh but that last scene with kaname holding the baby in the chair... That did it for me, I felt like crying DX!!

HOLD IT! That picture with Kaname holding his child : that was part of Yuki's dream . . .which makes it seriously bittersweet (for me) because technically Kaname didn't meet his daughter until a millenium later and I think Yuki can only dream of being with him - even though she later ends up with Zero, Kaname will always be her first love and holds a special place in her heart crying
AND YEAH that's what my friend said : what is Kaname going to do now, since lol he has no money and nobody pretty much (his daughter was pretty distant when passing along her mother's message) AND I kind of assumed that the vampires Kaname knew are dead and gone since they probably found a way to become human. Gaaah lol I teased my friend about Yuki's daughters: "oh I wonder which one is Zero's?" I kind of wonder too if Kaname even remembers anything ; I thought Yuki's memories were sealed by her mother, but Kaname's case might be different . . .dang it I want more now scream
haine22
ARIA_M00N
haine22

HOLD IT! That picture with Kaname holding his child : that was part of Yuki's dream . . .which makes it seriously bittersweet (for me) because technically Kaname didn't meet his daughter until a millenium later and I think Yuki can only dream of being with him - even though she later ends up with Zero, Kaname will always be her first love and holds a special place in her heart crying
AND YEAH that's what my friend said : what is Kaname going to do now, since lol he has no money and nobody pretty much (his daughter was pretty distant when passing along her mother's message) AND I kind of assumed that the vampires Kaname knew are dead and gone since they probably found a way to become human. Gaaah lol I teased my friend about Yuki's daughters: "oh I wonder which one is Zero's?" I kind of wonder too if Kaname even remembers anything ; I thought Yuki's memories were sealed by her mother, but Kaname's case might be different . . .dang it I want more now scream

I know it made me really sad too crying ! And yeah, it makes it even sadder because she wants to be with him but she can't DX! And it sucks later because I agree, it seems like his daughter was kinda cold to him... Ughhh I just wish they would make like a second vampire knight series that would be about how he handles the human world or what happens after the series... And yeah, it might be different but if he remembers her then how is he going to live his life?? Like would he be sad all the time or what? There's just so many questions left DX!
Lol the struggle is real!! sweatdrop

Player

ARIA_M00N
haine22
ARIA_M00N
haine22

I know it made me really sad too crying ! And yeah, it makes it even sadder because she wants to be with him but she can't DX! And it sucks later because I agree, it seems like his daughter was kinda cold to him... Ughhh I just wish they would make like a second vampire knight series that would be about how he handles the human world or what happens after the series... And yeah, it might be different but if he remembers her then how is he going to live his life?? Like would he be sad all the time or what? There's just so many questions left DX!

I'm really hung up on that ending XD
Considering Kaname and Yuki were incestuous (like he's her ancestor for crying out loud and even though she thought he's her older brother she still had that kind of relationship with him) so I figured what if Kaname and his daughter... should I even go there?
haine22
ARIA_M00N
haine22
ARIA_M00N
haine22

Considering Kaname and Yuki were incestuous (like he's her ancestor for crying out loud and even though she thought he's her older brother she still had that kind of relationship with him) so I figured what if Kaname and his daughter... should I even go there?

Idk why I just never really thought about the fact that they are brother and sis, prob b cuz I was so used to seeing them as a couple >.<! And nooooo!! I'm going to pretend like I never read that >.<! I could not see that... It's like the movie "The Graduate" lol. I mean I know he would prob be lonely but... Mehhh nope can't see it xd why can't he just be mine lol?

Player

ARIA_M00N
haine22
ARIA_M00N
haine22
ARIA_M00N
haine22

Idk why I just never really thought about the fact that they are brother and sis, prob b cuz I was so used to seeing them as a couple >.<! And nooooo!! I'm going to pretend like I never read that >.<! I could not see that... It's like the movie "The Graduate" lol. I mean I know he would prob be lonely but... Mehhh nope can't see it xd why can't he just be mine lol?

LOL when I look at Kaname I just want to comfort him because he always has this sad expression going on...
haine22
ARIA_M00N
haine22
ARIA_M00N
haine22

LOL when I look at Kaname I just want to comfort him because he always has this sad expression going on...

I know same here >.< ughhhh! Why can't there be actual guys like this?? Lol, btw do u mind if I add you as a friend smile ? You seem really cool and we both like VK a lot lol

Player

ARIA_M00N
haine22
ARIA_M00N
haine22
ARIA_M00N
haine22

I know same here >.< ughhhh! Why can't there be actual guys like this?? Lol, btw do u mind if I add you as a friend smile ? You seem really cool and we both like VK a lot lol

Yeaaa!! I think you're pretty wicked yourself XD
Sorry for the late late reply btw I haven't been on Gaia for a while and hahahaha I think I'm team Kaname because for me it's all about him
I think before I was biased for Zero , but that was during the period in the manga where it was all about the not-really-siblings-but-more-like-good-friends relationship between Zero and Yuki. ALSO I didn't really get how he fell for her, since for me I felt that they both friendzoned each other pretty hard

Destructive Bunny

It's funny that you mention that because as a Zero fan I disliked the ending because it pretty much skipped the whole 1000 years they were meant to be together... I felt bad for Zero, he suffered so much and his reward gets skipped over lol.

At least Kaname has those chapters of them living together after Yuki becomes a vampire again... although it wasn't exactly happy at that point of time...

I think the mangaka is a sadist rofl
I have a cousin who used to love this series.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff