Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ah~ Um..Well I would say I myself is a huge shoujo manga fan...Aha...(Romance FTW LOL) So I would recommend...Magico, Kyou Koi wa Hajimemasu, Bokura ga Ita, Virgin Blood, Kiss Made no Kyori,Honey x Honey Drops, aand Are: After Boyfriend. I'm just going to stop at there since those were a few of my favorites~ Idk..Lol Just like ya... cat_redface

Newbie Member

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
i can recommend a dozen romantic manga still going on. VIRGIN BLOOD ended

ppl should try AKAIITO
Akagami no Shirayukihime

Fluffy Friend

2,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • First step to fame 200

Interesting Rogue

Title: Yumekui Merry (Dream Eater Merry)
Rating: Idk.
Genre: Action, comedy, fantasy, supernatural, shonen
Basic premise/ Basic plot: Yumeji Hujuwara-kun is your ordinary adolescent boy , but 10 years ago he noticed he had a power to see multicolored auras surrounding the persons body which he looks upon through his fingers. Every so often Yumeji has dreams about a war with cats , but one day a girl fell on top of him ....( No, this manga is not about cats.)
I really don't like this description because it's weird. It doesn't fully explain everything neutral
The girl that fell on him is Merry Nightmare. Eventually, he learns about nightmares; inhabitants of the dream world. All nightmares have a certain reason for going into the human world, but there is one that is generally evident in the story. In order to go into the human world, the nightmare has to take possession of the body that is having a nightmare, and Yumji happens to be able to see when that occurrence takes place in a person. And so, Yumeji and Merry team up to stop the nightmares.(There is another reason but no spoilers. You have to read it your self. 3nodding )

Your Rating for the Artwork: A blaugh
Your opinion/review of the art: Personally, I like the art. I think it goes nicely with the manga. Nuff said. cat_cool

Your Rating for the story: A
Your opinion/review of the story: I actually like the story a lot. It gets more and more interesting as it progresses. There can be some thinking involved, but I think that it makes it interesting. There are some twists in it, and some answers are currently unanswered( It will be answered soon enough smile ) It's up to you if you like the story.
Suggested to people who like: DREAMS rofl
Love The Stars
Title: Uzumaki
Author: Junji Ito
Rating: T
Genre: Horror, mystery
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: The story concerns the inhabitants of the small Japanese town of Kurôzu-cho that seems to be cursed by supernatural events surrounding spirals. Many people become obsessed or paranoid about spiral shapes, which starts resulting in several gruesome deaths. Eventually people start transforming into something other than human, such as snails and twisted forms. In the end the town is cut off from the rest of the world, which leads to apocalyptic events and a revelation about the secret hidden under the lake in the middle of the town.

Your Rating for the Artwork: A
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: The art is unlike anything I've seen in manga. I don't quite know how to describe it, but it's definitely not your typical style. You'll have to see it for yourself.

Your Rating for the Story: A
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: The manga is relatively short. It reminds me more of a television show in the sense that the current chapter isn't always directly related to it's predecessor, at least not at first, whereas in other works, the manga is one continuous story broken up into many chapters. In short, some chapters tell the stories of specific events.

The story can be hard to follow, and in some instances, you really need to pay close attention. Towards the end, the story tends to get rather confusing, and the very ending may throw you for a loop. I suggest re-reading it until it makes sense, because it eventually will.

This manga is different from what I usually read (Fullmetal Alhemist, Elfen Lied, Magudala De Nemure), but it is definitely worth checking out.

Suggested for people who like: Horror mixed with the element of the supernatural all tied together with a confusing story that actually makes perfect sense when read carefully.

Gyo and Tomie (both by the same Mangaka) are amazing too.

I cant really give a plot summery of either without ruining them!!
Title: Doubt (Rabbit Doubt)
Rating: I would say older teens for gore?
Written by Yoshiki Tonogai
Published by Square Enix
Genre: Mystery/Horror/psychological thriller
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: [no spoilers, please]The series focuses on the "Rabbit Doubt" cell phone game, with rules similar to Mafia. The players must find the wolf, or killer, amongst their group of rabbits as they are picked off one-by-one. Six players of this game find themselves trapped in a building with one of the group already dead; to avoid the same fate, the remaining five must play a real-life game of "Rabbit Doubt" and find the wolf (liar)hiding among them.

Your Rating for the Artwork: [A through F] b
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: Could be a bit better imo but over all really good

Your Rating for the Story: [A through F] A++++
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: I sat and read the short 30 or so chapters within a few hours, then reread them several times!

Suggested for people who like: [here you can suggest other titles that are similar or just the type of person who would like it] Mirrai Nikki, Liar game
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Title: Nozoki Ana (A peep hole)
Rating: ADULT
Written by Wakoh Honna
Published by Shogakukan
Genre: Ecchi
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: [no spoilers, please] Basically, it follows Art student Tatsuhiko Kido and his neighbor Emiru Ikuno as they peep at each other through a hole in the wall between their apartments. it gets ADULT, there is nudity, sex and alot of drama tbh.

Your Rating for the Artwork: [A through F] B+
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: again, could have been better

Your Rating for the Story: [A through F] A
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: you wont be able to put this down.

Suggested for people who like: Ecchi Manga, Perverts, Cute girls and a bit of a harem situation.

There are a few more, But these are my top two that haven't been mentioned yet.
Title: Oyasumi Punpun
Rating: R
Genre: Dark Humor
Basic Premise: An alienated child with parental difficulty struggles with relationships as he develops into adulthood.

Amazing detail which gives the reader a keen sense of the setting, just absolutely beautiful.

Your Rating for the Story: B+
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: There are many solid characters that develop as the plot does, but the story is long and there are two plots to follow which slowly develop into one. It also has to be kept in mind the main plot is the development of the main character, and there is merely sub-events as the characters ages.

Suggested for people who like: 20th Century Boys, Aku No Hana, Onanie Master Kurosawa
I recommend Shingeki no Kyojin
Title: Kimi No Neiro
Rating:
Genre: Gender bend, Shoujo, school life, romance
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: It's about a girl who looks like a boy and a boy who looks like a boy that goes through a conflict, its not major but mostly entertaining.

Your Rating for the Artwork: [A through F] D
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: Its very cute and moe

Your Rating for the Story: [A through F] F
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: It is really entertaining and it got me exciting and fangirling just by the character's action. I highly recommend this story to others. ^^
DN Angel
romance,action
rated PG (little swearing)

Devoted Fatcat

Peach Girl or Princess TuTu. heart

Shadowy Gaian

17,925 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
AllAnime_247
Title: King of Thorn
Rating: older teens(so. much. blood)
Genre: Action, Adventure, Horror, Mystery, Romance, Sci-fi, Seinen, Tragedy
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: A disease is spreading throughout the world that turns its victims to stone! 100% death rate. But a few hundred people selected with a lottery will be in cryosleep, waiting for a cure. Read the manga to see what they find when they wake up...

Your Opinion/Review of the Art: Super cool!

Your Opinion/Review of the Story: O.o So cool... XD

Suggested for people who like: Cat Paradise(same author) I don't what else!

It's a really good manga. The illustrator also drew Darker than Black Shikkoku no Hana. I'd recommend this for any who likes a good conspiracy and post-apocalyptic stuff
Title: Durarara!! (DRRR!!, デュラララ!!)
Author: Ryôgo Narita(light novel and manga)
Publisher: ASCII Media Works(light novel), Square Enix(Manga),
Original language: Japanese
Number of Volumes: 13 (light novel), 7 (Manga), 26 episode (Anime)
Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)
Genre: Action, Mystery, Shounen, Supernatural
Producers: Aniplex, Brains Base, Movic, Aniplex of AmericaL, Sakura Create

Basic Premise/Basic Plot: Mikado Ryūgamine, a young boy who longs for the exciting life of the big city moves to Ikebukuro to attend Raira Academy with his childhood friend Masaomi Kida, who he has not seen since he was young. After the two meet at the train station, they set out at night to the streets of Ikebukuro. Masaomi warns Mikado about people he doesn't want to cross in the city, such as the violent and superhumanly strong man Shizuo Heiwajima, the information broker Izaya Orihara, and the mysterious gang known as "The Dollars." After running into some of the side characters, Mikado sees a local legend called the "Black Rider", who rides around Ikebukuro on a black bike that occasionally neighs like a horse, and who is rumored to have no head under her helmet. The "Black Rider" is Celty Sturluson, an Irish dullahan who is in Ikebukuro looking for her stolen head. The narrative follows all of the characters equally, showing how their lives intersect and creating a greater plot line from what each character knows about a common incident.

Your Opinion/Review of the Art: its really interesting, the characters are great and really addictive. The story on itself might sound abit complicated but more you continu to watch ,more you understand. it's funny,serious, you have to think ,to guess. which make your little brain think. sometimes you will insult a character you hate. sometimes you'll get all ..*hugs myself and hearts appear around me* Shizuoooo~(it will happen for you i bet) .

Your Opinion/Review of the Story: you'll be lost sometimes, you'll have to re-watch it sometimes and then you'll be all " AHH IT WAS THAT--/HIM--/HER--" and chuckles nervously. its a great Anime, Manga and light novel. I love it, I love the atmosphere around every characters.

Suggested for people who like: Mistery (in the city of Ikebuukuro,there are alot of Misteries. wink ) , love, tragedy, fun, violence. (you'll love Shizuo Heiwajima..though, he is just a baby to me who needs love crying )

Statistics
Score: 8.511 (scored by 142264 users)
(info from: http://myanimelist.net/anime/6746/Durarara!!#qXoBLPEWacE1JxJm.99)

Hilarious Prophet

5,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
Title: Kamidori
Rating: Teen
Genre: Action, Historical, Shounen, Supernatural
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: Hanagata Goemon, an infamous theif who has caused much distress in Kyoto, is sentenced to death when a mysterious "God of Pestilence" takes an interest in him. Not necessarily helping him nor willing to let him die, Goemon struggles to live with a god who feeds off of his missfortune.

Your Rating for the Artwork: A+
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: Beautiful.

Your Rating for the Story: A+
Your Opinion/Review of the Story:Although it is just a one shot right now, I am eagerly waiting for it's serialization! It is definately worth it!

Suggested for people who like: Bleach, Naruto, One Piece

Newbie Gaian

1,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
Title: Chobits
Written by: Clamp
Genre: romantic comedy, science fiction
personal rating: A+
Age rating: mature sexual audience

summary: The series centers on the life of Hideki Motosuwa, a held-back student attempting to qualify for university by studying at Seki prep school in Tokyo. Besides a girlfriend, he dreams of having a persocom (an android computer in the form of humans, which is expensive). On his way home one evening, he stumbles across a persocom in the form of a beautiful girl with floor-length hair lying against a pile of trash bags, and he carries her home. Upon turning her on, she instantly regards Hideki with adoration. The only word the persocom seems capable of saying is "chi", thus he names her that. Only this persocom is not normal or factory made. Take a journey where humans and computers live side-by-side in this Si-fi romantic comedy. As Hideki searches for the answers to Chi's operating system, and Chi discovers she has a few tricks she can do of her own.

I would recommend this to anyone who is into science fiction and romance. very funny great story line and great art.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff