All of them 0.40092165898618 40.1% [ 87 ]
Total Votes:[ 217 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Shy Seeker

5,700 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
I for one am actually really picky when it comes to manga. I usually sort out what I prefer reading so the first thing I would look at is the genre.

gaia_crown Genre: I'm a girl and obviously, girls love romance. (Though not all of them like how my best friend is ) So, I would always search for romance manga with pleasant stroy plot.

gaia_crown Art style: The second thing I would checked. I'm not fond of korean and non japanese mangas. I prefer to read mangas that really does in fact throws an aura that the mangaka is Japanese. I like those type of mangas with the female lead have big eyes. The art also must be stable and suitable or I'm going to lost my interest in reading.

gaia_crown Story plot: Last but not least, the story plot. That always came last. Well, for me, it is. My favorite type of story plot is were the guy falls for the girl. Haha... You must be...disturbed by my... Choices of manga, hmm? I can't help it. I just like those mangas.

Hmm... I for one knew that my judgement isn't a professionals' and I would like to know how you'd pick a manga to read so, make yourself comfy and tell everyone your opinions.

Destructive Bunny

Decent art, decent character introductions, first chapter has to be engaging, if it's not interesting to me by the third chapter I'd have dropped it.
I really just read whatever I think seems interesting.

Omnipresent Hunter

9,550 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Clambake 200
Mostly the plot, an intriguing beginning that doesn't explain too many logistics during the first few pages (ex. a whole chapter dedicated in explaining the story background for characters discussing something deeply). Artwork I'm not too picky on since all mangakas/webtoon artists/etc. have different styles, though I find it hard for myself to stand reading something super shoujo like Full Moon or Fruits Basket. Another pet-peeve of mine is reading through four-komas, a style I can't really engage myself into.

Angelic Phantom

I'm not that picky. I read practically anything. Though often it's the genres that'll get me to turn away from the manga sooner rather than later, if anything. Like, I can probably count the number of actual tragedies I've read on one hand (I dislike that genre). Not particularly a huge fan of ecchi, though there are some stories that I enjoy that include it. Generally slice of life stories don't catch my interest, but I don't really have anything against them (the plot summary isn't enough to draw me in). And I don't usually read much horror. Oh, and I think I've read a grand total of three GL stories (girls' love aka shoujo-ai), all of which were one shots (found out that one of them got serialized and has more chapters, but haven't been interested enough to go back and read it). But really, anything else is pretty much fair game. Even hentai.

The next thing that turns me away from reading a manga is if I recognize the mangaka and I have them flagged in my head as someone who completely lacks creativity. I mean, when you read two or three or more of their stories and you realize that all the main characters look the same, and all the main love interests also look the same, and both the main characters and the main love interests have the exact same personalities in all the stories, and even if the plot starts out completely differently and with a very interesting idea, by the end of it it has the exact same outcome as all the other stories, and in general if you were to start another one of these stories done by this mangaka you'd be able to predict the entire story a couple of pages into it, then really, is there any wonder as to why I want to avoid boring myself to death and wasting my valuable time reading the recycled unoriginal story over and over? (For the record, stories that fall into this category are done by: Hwang Mi Ri, Han Yu-Rang, and, although I haven't personally experienced it for myself but I trust my sister's word, Mayo Shinju is also on this list)

As for demographics, I technically fall into the "josei" category, however it's the demographic from which I've read the least amount of stories. There are some stories in this demographic that I absolutely love (+C: Sword and Cornett, Are You Alice?, etc), but for the most part, they generally don't appeal to me. As for shoujo, shonen, and seinen, I have no preference really - just depends on my mood, I guess. I've probably read more shoujo than any other genre, but that's 'cause it's usually pretty easy to read.

Of course, good art enhances the experience, but I don't think it's a complete be-all-and-end-all for me if it's not as good (though, there have been times where I've had difficulty deciphering exactly what is being portrayed on the page, and in those instances I wondered whether it was worth continuing to read... some people are good at drawing action and still making it legible, while others might think they're good and just... aren't).
Being alone
♥ I read any manga. It just really depends on the mood I'm in. I can go on a shoujo mood for weeks and just want to read sappy shoujo. xD And sometimes I would want to read some shonen. The art doesn't bother me but if I get bored of the plot I'll just stop reading the series and maybe try to get into it again at a later date.

Forevermore

Handsome Ace

21,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Kuro Gang 250
I'm not that picky about starting manga, but I drop the ones that start to bore me fast.

Beloved Phantom

8,850 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Generous 100
The first thing that I look at is the art. If I don't like the style I can't read it. Then I read about ten chapters adn decide if I like the story of not. wink

Divine Nymph

12,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Art styles mostly. If I don't like the art, it bothers me for the entire story. Though, if the story bores me a little, I still go on with it, just to see how it ends. Also the clothes the characters wear. If they're overly revealing, I probably won't pick it up.
I like shojo manga too. If it's shonen, and not romantic-comedy, I would stop reading . emotion_drool Yes, I like romantic-comedy. emotion_dowant

Fashionable Gaian

2,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
I am picky depends how story is and how it drawed but most love "romance story mangas" but currently i reading naruto heart

2,500 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
i think it depends on what genres you like. cat_neutral but once you found a manga you like the sound of, go ahead and read it! also, i happen to like a bunch of different animes and mangas because of poplurity or interest. cat_4laugh cat_ninja

Interesting Gaian

9,350 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Generous 100
Very picky as well,... smile
I have to research it first I like all genre! It has to be interesting cool and innovative. 3nodding

Blessed Lionheart

I'm honestly not that picky. I've probably read a little bit of everything... I do like the story to have decent art, and a story that has a point (an example would be Ouran Host Club, I don't really like it because it never really seems to go anywhere.) One big thing is that there has to be likable characters, I won't read it if I don't like the people in it.
I would say
style and story
and i try to give
any anime/manga
at least 3 eps and
10 chaps manga
wise before i make a call.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash