Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Cancer is a worldwide phenomenon that strikes everyone in some way or another - either directly or indirectly. By the time most of us are adults, we know of at least one person who has had their lives affected by this group of diseases.

There are multiple types of cancer - Breast, Lung, Ovarian, Leukemia, Thyroid, Brain Tumors, and the list continues on and on.

Many communities have 5Ks for various cancers. However, not all of us can participate in them. This is a way we can virtually participate, have fun with the other participants, and raise awareness.

This event started in 2011 as a 5K for Breast Cancer, was suspended in 2012 due to personal reasons, and came back in 2013 as a 5K for Cancer Awareness and again this year in 2014 for Cancer Awareness.

Why the shift from Breast Cancer to general Cancer Awareness? The best answer I can give is that there are many other types of cancer that affect people. While Breast Cancer is perhaps the best known, if we can open up the doors to awareness for other types of cancer, and help research for those other types - even through awareness if we cannot donate - then we'll have done a good job.

This year the race is a bit different. When you've completed the 5K, you can opt to continue and do a 10K for additional prizes!

This thread is live! Entries/Sign-Ups have begun!
Running has begun (You can sign up at any time during the event!)

User Image

Sign-ups began September 15th.

Simply send a trade to Mistress-of-Games with 50g (Small Entry Fee) on the main account you would like to join the race.

If you're going to be using multiple accounts, send me a PM with their names please.

New! If you include the cancer-type you want awareness of in the title of the trade, I can make your participation banner match its related ribbon color!

User Image
User Image

1. Obey Gaia's ToS
2. Please be polite and respectful of other players.
3. Rolling must be done with at least an hour in between. All posts are timestamped, so please be mindful.
4. The 50g is a small entry fee into the game. If you decide you would no longer like to partake in this game, please let me know however you feel best: PM me, Quote Me, etc. and I will refund the gold to you. No notice = no refund.
-4.5. Do not harass or interrupt the game to let me know, though. That's rude!
5. Sometimes MoG may take all day to come in and update standings. Oneia (the main) will come in from time to time to check things out, though, in case there's something that demands attention.

User Image
User Image

* This is a RNG progression game.

* You generate a Random Number, 1-1000. Whatever the result is, is the distance traveled. You need to make sure there's one hour between each roll (doublecheck your timestamps!), but you may post as often as you'd like!

* 5K = 3.1 miles. 1 mile = 5,280 feet. So, we're looking at travelling 16,358 "feet" throughout the game.
** If you're opting to do the full 10K, then your goal is going to be 32.716 "feet". You don't have to decide if you're going for the for 10K until after you've finished the 5K. It's purely optional.

Example

Post 1:
Mistress-of-Games generated a random number between 1 and 1000 ... 29!
Mistress-of-Games says: Rolling~

Post 2:
Mistress-of-Games says: Distance travelled: 29/16,358

* The Race Officially Opened October 1st. 12:00a.m. Eastern Time and lasts until November 10th, 11:59p.m.

User Image

1st- SophiaAnnastasia - 8,390
2nd- SevenArcadia - 4,094
3rd- XLuna_Celestex - 215

Others:

At the Starting Line:

10K Standings
1st - IchigoNeko23 - 18,397
2nd -

User Image
User Image

- 10K : CherryblossomGoodbye { Total Sprints: 59} { Average Sprint Length: 543ft }
- 10K : AlbertaxRose { Total Sprints: 64} { Average Sprint Length: 491ft }
- 10K : kazeaka { Total Sprints: 55 } { Average Sprint Length: 600ft }

Note: Average Sprint Length does not take boosts into account

User Image
User Image

All players who finish will receive... 10 million in Gold! And a VOX Jacket of the player's color choice from Gambino Outfitters.

Others who do not finish, but continue playing to the end, will receive... 1 million in Gold and a pair of Pink Lowtoppies!

People who drop out (or start playing and don't return after 7 days) will be remembered. heart

Bonus! If you decide to try the 10K challenge (32.716 feet) and meet it - you will get an EXTRA 15 million gold. If you don't meet it, you still get the original prize. smile

All participants will receive a banner!

User Image

To make the game more interesting, if your RNG gives you an even hundred (100, 200, etc.) Quote me to let me know.

I will then roll a 1d5, and the result will be either:
1- +50 Steps Added To Your Traveled Distance.
2- +100 Steps Added To Your Traveled Distance.
3- +50 Steps Added, AND You Found 5,000g on the Ground.
4- +100 Steps Added, AND You Found 10,000g on the Ground.
5- +150 Steps Added, AND you were a good citizen and picked up a random item laying on the ground.

User Image

Also, once a day, at a random time I'll make a post announcing

WATER PIT or FAN GIVEAWAY

The goal is to be the first to Quote it- the refreshment will give a quick boost and the next roll (after the quote has been verified by me) will be doubled. I will verify who receives the boost as soon as I see the quote- to make sure there is no confusion amongst players.

And since refreshments are supposed to be for everyone... Based on timestamps, all who quote within 5 minutes of the announcement will get 50 extra steps added to their distance traveled!

User Image

Post in thread whom you'll be doing this event for, and I'll add you, and those whom you're running for, to this list.

Mistress-of-Games/Oneia/OSC_Shoppe - Hosting due to several family members and friends who have either had, or have succumbed to, cancer.
CherryblossomGoodbye - Running for all my coworkers who have (or lost their battles to) cancer!
Bubblehead0987654321- I'd like to run for both of my aunts. One had a tumor, IDK where exactly, and the other aunt had breast cancer but luckily it was found just starting.
AlbertaxRose - I'm running for my Grandmother, who battled bravely against breast cancer and won.

User Image

If you participated in a Real Life Cancer Awareness/Fundraising Event, post the pictures here and let us know! All pictures added will be uploaded and shared in this post!

User Image

The American Cancer Society

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer

National Breast Cancer Foundation

Stand Up 2 Cancer

Choose Hope Shop - My Cancer Color Wheel

For every view this video gets, the Research Center who made it earns money. A great way to donate 5 minutes of your time toward Cancer Research!

User Image

User ImageMade by unwielding

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/lotto-money-games/t.93481251/][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v683/oneia/3bLpS.png[/IMG][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/lotto-money-games/t.93481251/][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v683/oneia/gaia/2014 5K/MiniBanner.jpg[/IMG][/url]

User Image

From Havoc_Kitten: Adopt one- or all!
User Image User Image User Image User Image
[IMG]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j64/havockitten/darkpinkheartwithribbon1.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j64/havockitten/darkpinkheartwithribbon2.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j64/havockitten/babypinkheartwithribbon1-2.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j64/havockitten/palebabypinkheartwithribbon3-2.gif[/IMG]

Side-Events
Header will come soon

Raffle!

This year, the event is going to have a raffle!

Raffle Prize - 2,285,910,600g

There are basically two ways to enter the raffle:
1. Buy tickets, at 50g per ticket. This means that all entries into the 5K automatically get at least one ticket!
2. Whenever a user has 10 posts of conversation (i.e., no "Rolling"/bump/ heart - only posts) they get a ticket! No need to count, I'll take care of that every 10 pages.

All tickets and any donations to the 5K will be matched by me (Up to 1 million gold per donation; 2 billion total) and added to the Raffle to help increase the prize pot!

Entries will be done consecutively, so it is very likely you will not get several slots in a row unless a donation is sent.

Participants are behind the spoiler.

1 - CherryBlossomGoodbye
2-101 -xLuna_Celestex
102 - kazeaka
103 - SevenArcadia
104 - SophiaAnnastasia
105 - AlbertaxRose
106 - CherryblossomGoodbye
107-5.000,107 - Bubblehead0987654321
5,000,108-5,158,108 - AlbertaxRose
5,159,109 - IchigoNeko23
5,159,110-5,159,113 - CherryblossomGoodbye
5,159,114-5,159,116 - AlbertaxRose
5,159,117-5,159,120 - CherryblossomGoodbye
5,159,121 - 5,159,122 - AlbertaxRose
5,159,123 - kazeaka
5,159,124-5,159,126 - CherryblossomGoodbye
5,159,127 - AlbertaxRose
5,159,128 - IchigoNeko23
2,159,129-2,209,129 - CherryblossomGoodbye
2,209,130-2,209,133 - AlbertaxRose
2,209,134-2,209,135 - CherryblossomGoodbye
2,209,136 - kazeaka
2,209,137-2,209,139 - CherryblossomGoodbye
2,209,140-2,209,141 - kazeaka
2,209,142 - AlbertaxRose
2,209,143-2,209,148 - kazeaka
2,209,149-2,209,151 - CherryblossomGoodbye
2,209,152 - kazeaka

User Image

Spot The Cheerleader from CherryblossomGoodbye

♥First person to spot the phrase "I'm cheering you on" in one of her posts of the day wins a mini-item-prize [note: items will vary in cost]

♥If there's a second quoter of the same post, they will win a gold prize (any quoter after will not, sorry! )

♥Multiple cheerleader arrivals may appear depending on what day of the week it is (ex. will probably be more common on a thursday or friday due to work schedule)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff