Welcome to Gaia! ::

Favorite tabletop RPG character archetype?

TAAANK 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 1 ]
healer/support 0.66666666666667 66.7% [ 2 ]
ranged 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
melee 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
an even mix 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
your mom 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
mage 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 3 ]

Garbage Cat

Climbing from the dumpster in which you had hoped to find dinner, the last thing you unstick from your sleeve - thinking it another greasy banana peel - turns out to be an intriguing sheaf of paper (and only a bit greasy, at that). You have found a treasure map, on the back of which is stamped the address to an alchemy store! You tuck the bit of paper in your pocket, to use as kindling later in the ol' barrel fire you and your fellow 99-percenters huddle around.

Or, maybe you WOULD have tucked the map in your pocket, except you don't have pockets! You hardly have clothes! The map falls through the space in your shirt where a pocket would have been and a hungry rat promptly makes a go for the burger grease that had soaked much of the paper. The map was probably a scam, anyway, something the shop owner sold en-masse to dumb hopefuls looking to claw their way from the ruin inflation has made of the economy.

BUT WAIT. That map is no scam, friend. I have in fact hidden BILLIONS OF GOLD below the streets of Gaia, because I had no better place to store it all after the economic bubble figuratively burst. The only problem is, I had a friend do all the heavy-lifting through all the gross parts of the sewer, and he's moved away to college (in like, EUROPE!!) So, after reading a lot of Huffington Post articles on why hoarding economic resources is basically a bad idea for everyone involved, I have decided to open my gold reserves to the public.

You're going to have to do all the heavy lifting yourself, though.

Garbage Cat

- getting started -

First step! Make your character sheet. For expediency, we'll call this your CS.

Everybody starts out level one, with ten allocation points (AP) to appoint to their skills.

There are four skills - the number assigned under a skill is going to be the number you can add to a dice roll to meet a challenge. So, if you have two points in physical strength, choosing to bash down a door which requires a four or higher on a D10 (ten-sided dice), STR 2 will let you add two points to whatever number you roll. Further explanation to come; for now let's build those character sheets!

[align=center][b]insertusernameherepls[/b]
exp = 10
ap reward = 0 [/align]

STR______________0
INT______________0
DEX______________0
SAN______________0

OK, see how it says "exp=10"? You are given experience by participating in the challenges - winning dice rolls get more exp depending on how difficult the challenge is, while losing rolls will get a lesser amount.

EXP translates to AP, and it's up to you to decide where to put your first 10. Please do not edit the number of exp - I will post your CS on the list as soon as I see it, and add to your exp count as you earn it. (So let's say you've earned 3 exp, your CS will be updated in the list to read exp = 13, reward = 3.)

You can only add AP to a skill, not take away or reassign any points - so be careful! You never know what awaits in the sewers and that extra point could be the difference in a saving throw.

The total sum of points in your skills should always match the number of exp you have - don't be shy about reposting your CS with your updated skillset! Once you use your AP reward in your CS update post, THAT number gets reset to zero - so be sure to post your updated CS before the next challenge appears, or you'll be facing down a dice roll without your hard-earned skills. The EXP record also tells me whoever is closest to winning - more details on that to follow.

STR = physical strength, stamina, whether or not you have an hourglass figure or a barrel chest
INT = WHO'S A SMART COOKIE? IS IT YOU??
DEX = do you trip going up stairs or drop a lot of things? maybe you should improve your dexterity.
SAN = sanity. You're going to need a lot of courage and mental fortification to make it through the hideous mire that awaits. Also counts for determination!

Garbage Cat

- character sheets -

[align=center][b]insertusernameherepls[/b]
exp = 10
ap reward = 0 [/align]

STR______________0
INT______________0
DEX______________0
SAN______________0

Copy and paste the code above, and fill out your skillset! Remember, you've got 10 starting points to divide between 4 skills in any way you like (can even leave a stat at zero, power-leveling to win at certain challenges but maybe risk a little more loss in others - totes up to you, chickadee).

An updated CS will get an asterisk* or three***, and the date which I could record it. I do work a full time job (how do you think I got so rich??), so dungeon-management might be a little slow at times. Check thread title for status! Will be bumping and quoting to keep everyone informed.

Garbage Cat

- wall of winning -

- generous donors -

- notable threads -

Garbage Cat

- challenge compendium -

- bestiary -

Garbage Cat

- rules of engagement -

You can only reply to the most recent challenge - don't worry if you've missed a few challenges or haven't updated your CS, since I'll wait until there are more players to really up the ante on difficulty level.

When you reply to a challenge, it's good to quote it! Otherwise I won't know what the HECK you're on about!

In your reply, you'll want to use 'roll dice' under the post action drop-down; choose the type (size) of the dice, PLUS the NUMBER of dice you are asked to roll in the challenge. Each challenge will be different, so please pay attention! A botched dice roll is a botched challenge.

You can only roll against a challenge once. If you lose the roll, you still get exp - so don't worry. A winning roll will receive more exp.

Level 5 (racked up 50 exp) wins the game.

At the end of the game, second place will get 500 million, and third place will get 250 million.

After I mete out the reward points post-challenge, you SHOULD post your updated CS *before* the next challenge is posted, or you'll have to answer the challenge without your hard-earned skills!

New challenges will be posted roughly once a week, or depending on how many people there are playing the game. The more players we get, the more frequent the challenges and updates, so spread the word! (This also means that a new challenge won't be posted until the old one has at least THREE replies - so it's never too late to join the game and start earning that dice roll exp).

Game does not officially start until there are AT LEAST three players. Will be posting practices and examples beforehand - also, BUMPING HELPS. PLSHALP TO BEBOMPINGK.

AND PLEASE DON'T FORGET to get your trading pass! They won't let you back into the city with all that phat lewt if you don't have your papers in order.

Garbage Cat

- reserved-

still working on getting this thread in order, ehah

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out