Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Nerd

Super Sexy Goldfish
That's not all they forgot. What was up with the numbers, what was up with SHARRON being Sayid's soul mate instead of Nadia at the end, what was up with Walt, what was up with the psychic saying that Claire had to raise the baby...I dunno. Didn't explain a lot.

What do you mean "what's up with the numbers"?
I thought they answered that.
Jacob choose numbers for the "candidates". The different numbers were codes for the different candidates.
Like for example, 4 = Jack. 8 = Hugo.

Beloved Nerd

Eulalia Danae
It was a cheap and easy way out. Everyone knows the "it was all a dream", "you're crazy and in the insane asylum" and "you're all dead and this is purgatory" is a writer's cop-out. Those are the endings every single book or class on writing tell you to avoid, because they're cliche, uncreative...and just plain cheap. I actually expected something original for the ending. It didn't even have to answer questions, just...not be such a damned cliche.

Also heaven apparently doesn't like black people. Poor Michael, Walt, and Mr.Ecko. I wonder if they have a "separate but equal" heaven.

LOL seems like the writters didn't line blondes either.

Oh, and the island wasn't a 'dream' nor was it 'purgatory'.
Though a lot of the questions I had, kinda got answers. I found myself with a few more questions.

Personally, I loved the ending. It made me realize that it wasn't about what's going on with the island and such, but rather what made this island so special to the people on it. I thought it was a beautiful ending and it does leave room for the imagination to the viewer on what was going on. I hear a lot of people complain of "cop-out ending," but only because they require something of substance in order to understanding and closure.

Also, I have a theory the reason they are holding onto a lot of answers is because they want to make sure those DVD/Blu-Ray Sales skyrocket because it would only be revealed on those pricey collections as added bonuses.
There we go;.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1936291

Linnk to video with ALL the unanswered questions.

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Inglorious Flutist
I mean, I expected them to answer a lot of questions [the origin of the island, the light/energy thing, the statue, time travel, and a lot of other things.]. But, the didn't. [At least, in my eyes.]

What did you guys think?

As far as the time travel things goes, that wheel thing was jammed and Ben replaced it, that's why they were stuck in the 60's.

I think the light was something to do with the magnetic forces of the Island, that the Dharma Initiative tried to get into and use for their experiments, but created an accident.

But as far as I'm concerned I don't think it could have been better. If they answered all the questions, it would have been boring and there would be no freedom for us to make our own interpretations.

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Dark the Angel
Also, I have a theory the reason they are holding onto a lot of answers is because they want to make sure those DVD/Blu-Ray Sales skyrocket because it would only be revealed on those pricey collections as added bonuses.

Ah, very smart!
I can't wait for the boxset to come out.
It will be the first blueray I ever get!

Friendly Cat

9,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Medalist 100
Jacobs mother told Jacob what the "light" was. It had something to do with humanity. Things were answered along the way plus people on here have figured things out.
Like the island, it wasn't purgatory it was more like the journey to the church, (waiting room) to heaven. This was all about Jacks journey and the friends who experienced the crash with him.

I wonder how much the dvd's will be?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces