Welcome to Gaia! ::

i think they didnt mention his name
lol i'd call him Francis ._.

Beloved Raider

7,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I prefer him to be nameless not because of the mystery, but because the birth mother never had a chance to name the other son. That was what happened, right? So because of that, he just never had a name..
I'm going to go with Adam. For one, like Adam in the bible, he was corrupted by knowledge. He wasn't content with a simple existence and craved more. Also, because he turned out to be the male counterpart of the dead bodies in the caves, dubbed by Locke, "our own Adam and Eve."
Someone probably said this all before, but i didn't read and of the posts besides the first couple, ha.
He has no name yet he has the name of anyone he takes the form of. So while he is the "Black Smoke" he has no name but when he is in human form like "Locke" he has a name. When he was still alive he also didnt have a name except "Brother."

So if he has a name its "Brother."
I've just been calling him smokey. I've seen him being called Man in Black, MIB, and Smokey all over the internet, and Smokey is my favorite.

Lonely Lover

11,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
I'm happy with Samuel, it's the name of my brother

2,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
XianKai
Smokey works for me.

On the nets you can find that originally the MIB was to be called Samuel but they figured leaving him nameless added more to the suspense of the show.

I always wondered why they didn't give him a name. I mean, I know that his birth mother didn't have a name picked out for him, but I figured his namelessness had significance, because like every little thing has significance on Lost. But I guess that makes sense.

2,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
skank-o-box
I'm going to go with Adam. For one, like Adam in the bible, he was corrupted by knowledge. He wasn't content with a simple existence and craved more. Also, because he turned out to be the male counterpart of the dead bodies in the caves, dubbed by Locke, "our own Adam and Eve."
Someone probably said this all before, but i didn't read and of the posts besides the first couple, ha.

Good points :O

Shameless Genius

I've been calling him Esau, for the biblical twins. Esau was the powerful and angry one who was gypped out his inheritance, and Jacob was the younger mama's boy who founded a nation.
The mythos of Lost draws parallels to many sets of twins in many different mythologies, many less subtle than a simple name. If they went as far as naming the one 'Jacob', I'm sure the other could be Esau.

5,050 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Bocaj. it Jacob Backward
I would just keep calling him the smoke monster, makes it more of a mystery of what it is.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff