Welcome to Gaia! ::

Smooth Duck

11,525 Points
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

O hai!!!

I'd REALLY like to know why the Smoke Monster didn't kill Mr. Eko.

...Like the advent of May, I'll be there when you say "time to never hold our love"...
Because obviously the Smoke Monster was aware of how incredibly awesome Mr. Eko is.

Smooth Duck

11,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

O hai!!!

I mean, Mr. Eko just stares at the thing. Could it be that his strong religious beliefs somehow saved him? It's a theory, but I don't think it is the case.

...Like the advent of May, I'll be there when you say "time to never hold our love"...
???
The smoke monster did kill Mr. Eko, didn't he?

Smooth Duck

11,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
xo-Midnight Sun-ox
???
The smoke monster did kill Mr. Eko, didn't he?
User Image

O hai!!!

If memory serves me right, the first time Mr. Eko saw it, he just stared at it. And the monster left.

EDIT: Yes, the mosnter killed him. But not the first time they met.

Oh, okay.
I got confused and was like, s**t I always thought that's how Mr. Eko died.
xD
Hmm.. maybe it wasn't his time to die yet?
He had to go through the memories of his brother and all the bad he'd done first.
& realize that he wasn't even sorry for what he had done.
When smokey took his brother's form, Mr. Eko did not repent for what he had done and that's when Smokey killed him, right?

Smooth Duck

11,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
xo-Midnight Sun-ox
Oh, okay.
I got confused and was like, s**t I always thought that's how Mr. Eko died.
xD
Hmm.. maybe it wasn't his time to die yet?
He had to go through the memories of his brother and all the bad he'd done first.
& realize that he wasn't even sorry for what he had done.
When smokey took his brother's form, Mr. Eko did not repent for what he had done and that's when Smokey killed him, right?
User Image

O hai!!!

It could very well be the reason.... However, he hadn't repented at their first meeting, and still hadn't before dying. So the monster just got tired of waiting for him?

Haha, I don't know.
o:
Maybe it's because Mr. Eko was already suffering & almost died from the explosion of the hatch.
Maybe his death/almost death had something to do with why Smokey chose that time to see if he would repent or if he should die?
No clue. xD
So many unanswered questions with Lost. P:

Smooth Duck

11,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
xo-Midnight Sun-ox
Haha, I don't know.
o:
Maybe it's because Mr. Eko was already suffering & almost died from the explosion of the hatch.
Maybe his death/almost death had something to do with why Smokey chose that time to see if he would repent or if he should die?
No clue. xD
So many unanswered questions with Lost. P:
User Image

O hai!!!

You're right. I guess we'll have to wait for those tons of unanswered questions to have a kind of answer rofl

because he was nasty xD

Smooth Duck

11,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
itachi no demon
because he was nasty xD
User Image

O hai!!!

Almost all characters were nasty too xD

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
The first time Smokey and Eko confronted it was probably exactly what happened when Locke met Smokey in Walkabout. Smokey scanned Eko and read his memories. It saw him as someone valuable to its motive of killing Jacob, getting a body and leaving the Island.

But later when it met Eko, Eko admitted he was damaged by his past. He did not regret what he had ever done. He was not easily manipulated. Smokey didn't like that, so it got rid of him. Eko had become a threat to his plan.

Locke remained weak, and was easy to play. So it continued its plan using him.

Smooth Duck

11,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
wakusei
The first time Smokey and Eko confronted it was probably exactly what happened when Locke met Smokey in Walkabout. Smokey scanned Eko and read his memories. It saw him as someone valuable to its motive of killing Jacob, getting a body and leaving the Island.

But later when it met Eko, Eko admitted he was damaged by his past. He did not regret what he had ever done. He was not easily manipulated. Smokey didn't like that, so it got rid of him. Eko had become a threat to his plan.

Locke remained weak, and was easy to play. So it continued its plan using him.
User Image

O hai!!!

D: OMG that makes sense! Smokey was looking for possible puppets... and Mr. Eko was too strong for him. Disposing of him would be the best option. Makes sense.

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items