Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm an active reader of Behind the Bows and in fact love the drama and all that. also it's a ridiculously good place to get the latest announcements on prints and events. we all read it for our own reasons but many things on the posts annoy me a big bunch. these might be things you should think about before you yourself post there and I hope as many people as possible learn from this.

1. ugly posts. most of the secret posts are about people being ugly, ugly coords, ugly ideas, ugly prints, ugly this, ugly that. you seems the be the expert on what's ugly and a big supporter of class and quality and aesthetics. yet your own posts can be really ugly and messy! it doesn't take an expensive costly program to make your secret post look decent. just pick your colors and fonts better!

2. hard to read -posts. many posts are really messy, busy and are super hard to read because the text takes some hard getting down on to understand the message. in cases like this people usually just give up. take special care on the secrets text being easy to read.

3. repeating topics. many people post and repeat subjects that have already been posted. many would understand if the same topic is posted more than once in the same day because those people wouldn't know, but when a certain topics or photo gets posted week after week and nothing new comes into the story, let it die!

4. Mr. Yan jokes. it's just getting old. post again when something new and shocking happens.

5. miniature novel length posts. I bet you are trying to tell a story here, but I don't think too many people stop to read your 80 word mini stories. we want to goods and the gossips that's it. think hard whether your story is really worth posting as does it have to be this long.

6. one dimensional posts. just blantly stating someone is ugly or has bad coord or never wear a proper petti is actually really boring. people with their own eyes can experience someone not washing their hair for meet-ups ever and we can look at the pictures ourselves. taking space and making a secret about it is useless. if you want to call someone a fatty-chan, add more into it. make it interesting. what is making this person so ugly?

7. life stories. rhymes with the miniature novels. life stories can be heart warming and what not but I personally don't ever stop to read them because they always seem fake, I don't get anything out of it - no-one does - and it just seems pointless. you can share your life and experiences through a blog.

well, to mention a few and the worst. I will most likely add things in as I go and please feel free to discuss the topic in the comments.

what do you find annoying or boring on BtB?
So...what do you even like about btb if you pretty much hate everything that it is about? I dont know if you realize it, but secrets have always been those things and always will be. If you took out those 7 things, there would be 0 secrets most of the time.

Girl-Crazy Kitten

what btb posters are doing wrong??

uh...posting on btb. most of the posts are awful. the only "lolita secrets" i really enjoy are people critiquing brand designs and revealing silly things about themselves (ie that one person who imagines angry faces in the wrinkles of bows)

Sparkly Fairy

The only thing I find irritating is the hard to read posts.
And also posts that have me in them stressed Especially when people don't block out names.

And also I prefer funny secrets. Drama is interesting but I don't really enjoy it.

Pesky Kitten

dude number five pisses me off so bad -3-
I usually just skip over them cause they're never interesting anyway,
just another sandy vendetta-chan.

Doctor Pines's Queen

Thylacine Friend

14,100 Points
  • De-Extinctionist 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Cool Cat 500
mboarder
The only thing I find irritating is the hard to read posts.
And also posts that have me in them stressed Especially when people don't block out names.

Oh man, for a while I was on there at least once a month. I will never know why. I mean aside from the obvious.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff