Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Hunter

2,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
I, for lack of better wording, have a very large chest. I used to be really active in the lolita community around here but I can't ever find anything flattering for a lolita with big boobs and narrow shoulders. A lot of the blouses and dresses out there have bows and frills and ruffles around the neck and chest and they're adorable but when I put them on they just make me look ridiculously fat and they aren't flattering at all. Do y'all have any advice? I have no problem wearing bows or ruffles on my rear or back, if that helps. I have dresses and outfit pieces for lots of different kinds of lolita too, so that really isn't a problem.

I'm also a seamstress and I can sew almost anything, so if you have specific patterns in mind you can show me or link me to those.

I'm good at answering a lot of questions about other lolita styles in regards to body parts, funnily enough. Advice trade for advice trade? Haha.

Bashful Phantom

16,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
go for waist lines that are lower and more mature. you want to emphasis your hour glass shape as much as possible so empire waistlines are a big no; they create a straight line from chest to hips/big poofy petti that hides your natural curves. keep the fabric around your stomach to a minimum.

corsets, short flared jackets, and those little half cardigans will flatter your bust without making you look top heavy and puffed sleeves will make your shoulders look a little wider.

as for the frills, leave out the gigantic shirtbows and big lacy collars that could pass as parachutes in a pinch and instead chose tops with simple clean lines.
Same problem, my bust is my largest measurement and I've no shoulders to speak of. A figure often mocked by brand dresses, I agree.

I find I do best in long sleeve blouses with modest embellishments kept close to the neck, (draws the eye closer to the face--even works on men. lol )

And always corseted in the back, your waist is your best friend as I'm sure you're aware.

Paired with a skirt with a generous waistband, custom fitted or with waist ties and preferably a-line.

I'd skip most JSKs, but sleeveless ones are good as long as they don't sit too high on the breast.
If you want an OP then there are a few classical gems that can flatter a busty figure, but skirts and blouses are the best staple.

Example.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ideal figure, low neck (breaks up the bust, if the neck were arm-pit level it'd make you look bigger) waist-defining belt, long puffy sleeves, a-line-

Of course, this all goes out the window if you're a sweet lolita... sweatdrop
It honestly depends how busty you are. I'm busty myself (6" difference between underbust and bust), but I wear mostly JSKs. I look for styles that don't have too many things going on at the top. I've found that bib collars on dresses (especially OPs) don't work and usually give me odd lumps. But plainer fronts work best. I've done okay with one big bow, or small amounts of lace or ruffles. But nothing too crazy. I will typically use a corset in high-waisted items to push my bust up into the dress (since it's too big to fit inside normally) and in some cases, it will actually visually minimize the size of my bust. But it also depends on your overall body shape and size.

I've found that underbust jsks will make you look more like a barmaid, so those are a bad idea.

Skirts can be a great option as well, just be careful with your blouses.

As for blouses, look for lower necklines. Don't go for high collars (especially those with neck bows), or blouses that have gigantic peter pan collars. A small lower-cut peter pan collar will work okay though and can sometimes be found in mainstream fashion. With lower necklines, obviously, you won't want cleavage showing, but something that sits above the cleavage but below the collarbone is ideal. There's a lot of brand blouses out there that have this style. But finding them cheaper is harder. I personally prefer chiffon blouses over cotton, especially because I'm busty but I have broad shoulders, so puff sleeves make me look really big.

dalia salvd's Husband

Spooky Pumpkin

19,350 Points
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Haunting Echo 75
Mostly what I would have said has already been said!
I suggest lower necklines and corseting and all that.

I also suggest trying custom blouses if you haven't already.
There's a lot of indie brands that do custom fittings. My community has been very into them lately and has been doing group orders.

Here are two I suggest.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFloralNotebook

https://www.facebook.com/bunnyhouse.vn

Timid Hunter

2,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Ahh! All of these are really good suggestions, thanks!

I do all styles, honestly. I can take the JSK dresses and make patterns for them and change the colors to sweet if I want to.
Dresses with ruffled bust are good because it gives a lot of room for the bust while still showing off the natural waist

User Image

I don't like high waist dressed, I have a big bust not waist, the fabric hangs from the chest and it makes me look thicker than I am

Timid Hunter

2,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
zaMmaP

I don't like high waist dressed, I have a big bust not waist, the fabric hangs from the chest and it makes me look thicker than I am

Exactly. They make you look like a circus tent and it's horrible.
Dresses with full shirring in the upper half are great for large chested loli's. Also! fanplusfriend does custom sizing on a lot of their stuff which would help with the not fitting problem.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff