Welcome to Gaia! ::

crying So I keep coming across the problem of ordering dresses online. I'm very tall with EXTREMELY long thighs and I have no idea to do. When I've asked companies most don't have a size set for tall people and one I was focusing on was Bodyline. Well they told me to just get an 8L when it comes out in a few months but I'm not widthy at all so an 8L will be too big on me. Does this mean I have to get it taken in later by a seamstress? I'm not sure what to doooooooooooooooo. But I do really want to become a Lolita. If anyone knows of websites I may use to find custom outfits that'd be great! But I have yet to find many. I stand about 6 foot tall barefoot.
From what I hear, showing off a bit of knee isn't a bit deal. make sure to wear tights with your otks and you should be okay. maybe find some cute flat style shoe instead of heeled ones. smile I'm a tall/skinny girl too and i was worried for a while about this as well. Hope it helps <3
Fortunately for taller girls, underskirts have always been an option and are now actually on trend. The best thing to do is to get JSKs which have adjustable shoulder straps (so you can length the bodice slightly), then use an underskirt to give it some frills and extra length.

You can get underskirts from several Taobao indie brands, as well as a few of the major Japanese brands. Let me know if you want links and I'll dig some up!
You arent the first tall lolita. First thing you need to do is to measure yourself and then measure the dresses. Like how long would they need to be to hit knee length? Then instead of going to bodyline, seek taobao for places that WILL do custom stuff. For brand Innocent world is great with having long stuff.

Kawaii Girl

spuntino
Fortunately for taller girls, underskirts have always been an option and are now actually on trend. The best thing to do is to get JSKs which have adjustable shoulder straps (so you can length the bodice slightly), then use an underskirt to give it some frills and extra length.

You can get underskirts from several Taobao indie brands, as well as a few of the major Japanese brands. Let me know if you want links and I'll dig some up!
This is all good advice, and you should also look into custom-sized dresses. Some Taobao stores do custom-sized pieces, and I think Anna House does as well. I would NOT recommend Fan + Friend for custom sizing because while they offer it, they tend to do a terrible job of it.

Adorable Fisher

The brand Moi-Meme-Moitie offers many of their styles in "long". You can buy these off of CDJapan legitimately. CDJapan also offers a points system that can get you huge savings after the first purchase. These days, Moi Meme Moitie has a lot of dresses and things in basic styles so they're fun to coordinate and dress up or wear casually. Just make sure when you order that you specifically put the "long" size in your cart. The pieces can get expensive and the shipping charges can be a disaster, but hopefully with the savings offered (plus many super sales where you can get pieces for 50% off starting) they can become semi-affordable, especially for something that actually fits.

Kawaii Girl

MarigoldMari
The brand Moi-Meme-Moitie offers many of their styles in "long". You can buy these off of CDJapan legitimately. CDJapan also offers a points system that can get you huge savings after the first purchase. These days, Moi Meme Moitie has a lot of dresses and things in basic styles so they're fun to coordinate and dress up or wear casually. Just make sure when you order that you specifically put the "long" size in your cart. The pieces can get expensive and the shipping charges can be a disaster, but hopefully with the savings offered (plus many super sales where you can get pieces for 50% off starting) they can become semi-affordable, especially for something that actually fits.
Innocent World also does this!

Anxious Fairy

You have a few options!

1. Just deal with it being an inch or two about the knee. Of course you'll still have to be picky but it widens your options.

2. Get an underskirt. Underskirts add a couple inches of ruffle to every dress you wear it under. The only down side is that it add another layer making it hotter and heavier.

3. By specifically long dresses. They usually go to about halfway down your calf. A lot of classic brands have them and a few goth. Of course if you wanted to be a sweet lolita then this isn't an option.

Obsessive Bunny

How tall, may I ask? That's a problem for me, too. I'm 6'1". =/
I'm about 6 foot.
^_^ Thank you everyone for all the helpful tips!
Taobao store that carry underskirts include Dear Celine, Krad Lanrete, Little Dipper, and Chess Story. You can also commission them from indie brands like The Floral Notebook. Major brands like Baby also carry long underskirts, now.

Major brands that carry tea-length dresses include JetJ, Moitie, and Innocent World, but since longer lengths, as people have mentioned, are popular now, Baby and AatP have been putting out a decent amount, too.

You should also check out Taobao brands like Surface Spell Gothic, Akemi and Alois, and 69th Department, for longer length dresses, as well as any brand that will do custom. Good indie brands to commission from include The Floral Notebook, Lady Sloth, and Mystery Garden.
I am a very tall lolita myself, topping off at 6 feet tall. I have found that while it can be tough to find things long enough, it's not impossible. The suggestion for underskirts is a great one, which has made Angelic Pretty wearable for me. Bodyline, I have found is usually just a little above my knee, so you might be safe with ordering their items, as I have been.
Lydia B.
I am a very tall lolita myself, topping off at 6 feet tall. I have found that while it can be tough to find things long enough, it's not impossible. The suggestion for underskirts is a great one, which has made Angelic Pretty wearable for me. Bodyline, I have found is usually just a little above my knee, so you might be safe with ordering their items, as I have been.

Thank you very much ^_^ I will be shopping at Bodyline.
Not enough tall+skinny girls are into lolita fashion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff