Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Conversationalist

Yan snowboarding is certainly amusing, but it seems Bodyline is jumping on the Lucky Pack train this (coming?) year.

1st of January Japanese Time you'll be able to purchase their luck bags - no other information yet on pricing or which section they'll be available in.

I can only imagine Bodyling stuffing any items they no longer want and just can't sell into these packs with maybe a few "nicer" items so customers don't complain too much. Similar to how RightStuff fills it's blind boxes with $3 DVDs they can't sell even years after getting the product.

The bags don't seem all that large, what sorts of products do you think they will or won't fill them with?
Are there items you'd like to see them put in?
Do you think they'll see any success with this?
Also concerning the recent Venus/Yan drama I know several people realigned with the whole "I'm boycotting Bodyline" sentiment, is the Luck Bag stunt possibly a distraction to make the consumer base focus their suspicious or speculative attentions on something else?

Familiar Informer

6,300 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100
I might take a risk if its 50 or less. I don't mind most of the stuff they sell.
Since it's not guaranteed to be lolita items even, I wouldn't recommend it. I really do think it's going to be mostly crap items from the costume section.

As for being a distraction from drama, while it might have a little to do with it, it's not like they haven't had LPs before, so it's not unheard of.

I think most lolitas would know to stay far away from it, so I don't think it will be too successful. I just hope no one orders it thinking it will be nice items.

Fashionable Explorer

9,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
gaia_crown I don't mind it, it sounds like a really cool thing to try for te first time, if its not too expensive and seeing what you get!!! Who knows? Someone may get lucky and get a cute dress or shoes or socks gaia_crown

amakin04
gaia_crown I don't mind it, it sounds like a really cool thing to try for te first time, if its not too expensive and seeing what you get!!! Who knows? Someone may get lucky and get a cute dress or shoes or socks gaia_crown
That's the thing, Bodyline has a LOT of stuff, and no news on whether the packs will ONLY be from this or that section, or what kinds of items will be put in side. I mean if they mention guaranteed types of items it might be worth a risk if someone really likes Bodyline stuff but otherwise I'm not keen on it. It'd be nice if they were okay for some people, but I just really wouldn't want to see girls spending a chunk of change on a mystery bag and get junk.

Fashionable Explorer

9,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
Milady Alluca
amakin04
That's the thing, Bodyline has a LOT of stuff, and no news on whether the packs will ONLY be from this or that section, or what kinds of items will be put in side. I mean if they mention guaranteed types of items it might be worth a risk if someone really likes Bodyline stuff but otherwise I'm not keen on it. It'd be nice if they were okay for some people, but I just really wouldn't want to see girls spending a chunk of change on a mystery bag and get junk.[/quote

yum_strawberry Well, honestly whenever you take a chance, you run across the possibility that you may get junk or something you'd much rather give away. that's apart of any gacha, chance item, even on here. I may give it one chance and if I like it, I;'ll try again, if I don't and it costs too much, then I may not try it. I love to try something new, I guess I'm adventurous like that but honestly if someone did this little chance bag thing, then did a whole video on their experience, it may make more people want to get it. yum_strawberry
SO far it looks like two packs to choose from, cosplay and the other one. The other one not only has lolita but goth and punk. There are a lot of non lolita stuff that can go into this. Also I would not be surprised if most of the packs end up being sizes no one can fit into . I would have tried if I had the money (I've been selling a lot of stuff on ebay) but I'mma just sit back and see what mess this turns to.

Kawaii Bunny

I'm not going to risk it. Anyway, I've already bought the skirt version of most of the prints I love, so I'm using bodyline for blouses, shoes and socks now. So if I got a luckypack, it would only be stuff I either don't like or already have smile

Evil Goth Bunny
I'm not going to risk it. Anyway, I've already bought the skirt version of most of the prints I love, so I'm using bodyline for blouses, shoes and socks now. So if I got a luckypack, it would only be stuff I either don't like or already have smile
Agreed. Seeing especially that they're lumping things together as they are, I wouldn't consider it worth at all trying out and stand by my assumption that they will be stuffing any items they no longer want and just can't sell into these packs.

I also just want a few specific colorways of some skirts from them and shoes, so a pack like that wouldn't even be worth it if I had money to burn.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

A friend of mine and I went halvesies on one, just to see what we could get.
Whatever we don't like or can't fit in, we plan to sell off to friends.
I ordered it last night, I'll post our findings when it gets here :3

Hygienic Genius

Milady Alluca
Yan snowboarding is certainly amusing, but it seems Bodyline is jumping on the Lucky Pack train this (coming?) year.

1st of January Japanese Time you'll be able to purchase their luck bags - no other information yet on pricing or which section they'll be available in.

I can only imagine Bodyling stuffing any items they no longer want and just can't sell into these packs with maybe a few "nicer" items so customers don't complain too much. Similar to how RightStuff fills it's blind boxes with $3 DVDs they can't sell even years after getting the product.

The bags don't seem all that large, what sorts of products do you think they will or won't fill them with?
Are there items you'd like to see them put in?
Do you think they'll see any success with this?
Also concerning the recent Venus/Yan drama I know several people realigned with the whole "I'm boycotting Bodyline" sentiment, is the Luck Bag stunt possibly a distraction to make the consumer base focus their suspicious or speculative attentions on something else?

I personally wouldn't buy a lucky pack from them,
I feel like they would def give you the short end of the stick. :c

I haven't heard of anyone else from my community buying a LP from them.
I almost want to get one just to see what would be in it LOL

Since the whole venus drama, I def feel like not purchasing from bodyline.
It just kinda set them at an all new low for me, (and I don't really like venus angelic either)
I guarantee the whole lucky pack thing is supposed to distract us from the problems they have been having lately.

Angel_Takio
Count me morbidly curious, if you remember please do post here (even if it's like dead or on the second page, curiosity is strong lol)! At the same time I hope you get a few things that made it worth purchasing for you, I'd never wish a bad buy on someone c:>

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Milady Alluca
Angel_Takio
Count me morbidly curious, if you remember please do post here (even if it's like dead or on the second page, curiosity is strong lol)! At the same time I hope you get a few things that made it worth purchasing for you, I'd never wish a bad buy on someone c:>
I'm not too worried about it, it was mostly out of morbid curiosity that we bought it.
And even if we only get Goth/Punk stuff, it's not like we can't just resell it.
The worst that could happen is we break even.

Should I do a photo journal or would us doing a video making goofy voices be better? :3

owIbear
I personally wouldn't buy a lucky pack from them,
I feel like they would def give you the short end of the stick. :c

I haven't heard of anyone else from my community buying a LP from them.
I almost want to get one just to see what would be in it LOL

Since the whole venus drama, I def feel like not purchasing from bodyline.
It just kinda set them at an all new low for me, (and I don't really like venus angelic either)
I guarantee the whole lucky pack thing is supposed to distract us from the problems they have been having lately.

Oh yeah chicka, don't worry I personally wouldn't try it. I was just speculating.

I've seen a surprisingly large number of people on tumblr being way more excited than they should be about it so I can only wonder if it's maybe lolitas on a harsh budget and wanting to get in on buying a Lucky Pack or something...but I really wish they'd save their money for something else instead :c
Angel_Takio said she's gone halvesies on one with someone so when she gets it she might post what she got here. I'm sure there might be some pack pics on the Bodyline tag as well.

Angel_Takio
Milady Alluca
Angel_Takio
I'm not too worried about it, it was mostly out of morbid curiosity that we bought it.
And even if we only get Goth/Punk stuff, it's not like we can't just resell it.
The worst that could happen is we break even.

Should I do a photo journal or would us doing a video making goofy voices be better? :3
Ah I see, well I'm glad you're optimistic! And well each way has its pros and cons, I've never really done either so I wouldn't know what to suggest :'D The photo journal seems like it could be easier on timing though? I wouldn't know xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff