Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asuia
AbsoluteAlpha
Asuia
I saw this young mother wearing a tiny mini skirt, fishnet stockings, and super high heels.
She was holding her purse in one hand and her kid in the other.
She looked good, but I thought it was a little inappropriate.
She could trip easier in those heels and drop her kid! ):

It was pretty normal where I lived though.

Highheels while carrying a kid is a nono unless she can really walk them, As for the "inappropriate" aspect, That doesnt matter, As a parent simply teaches their kid to not dress like that~! You can be very sexy looking and still teach your kid how to look cute

The mother should teach the kid not to dress like she does?
(.____.)"

From your wording that's what it sounds like you're trying to say. (^^)"
If that is what you're trying to say, there's this Aesop fable about two crabs
that explains how I feel about that.
The mother should teach the daughter that she is a child and has to dress like one.

A parent should be open and forward on subjects otherwise confusion would happen.
Mommy dresses like an adult.
Baby dresses like a baby.

gotta be open and forward with your kids.

Magical Star

AbsoluteAlpha
Asuia
AbsoluteAlpha
Asuia
I saw this young mother wearing a tiny mini skirt, fishnet stockings, and super high heels.
She was holding her purse in one hand and her kid in the other.
She looked good, but I thought it was a little inappropriate.
She could trip easier in those heels and drop her kid! ):

It was pretty normal where I lived though.

Highheels while carrying a kid is a nono unless she can really walk them, As for the "inappropriate" aspect, That doesnt matter, As a parent simply teaches their kid to not dress like that~! You can be very sexy looking and still teach your kid how to look cute

The mother should teach the kid not to dress like she does?
(.____.)"

From your wording that's what it sounds like you're trying to say. (^^)"
If that is what you're trying to say, there's this Aesop fable about two crabs
that explains how I feel about that.
The mother should teach the daughter that she is a child and has to dress like one.

A parent should be open and forward on subjects otherwise confusion would happen.
Mommy dresses like an adult.
Baby dresses like a baby.

gotta be open and forward with your kids.

Well, that's one way to parent a kid.
I'd rather set the example.

Of course, I agree with being open with your kid. (:
My mom was always open with me.

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I'm not usually an uber-feminist on a soapbox, but I'm noticing more and more that society just likes to give s**t to women no matter what they do.

Sexually active? You're a slut and don't value yourself
Not sexually active? You're a prude and a tease
Single? You'll die alone
Married & live off your husband? You're a shame to feminism
Married & live your own life? Your husband must be p***y-whipped
Kids? You are only "mom" now; better not work outside the home (your poor kids!) or "make" your husband "babysit" his own kids while you go out and abandon your responsibilities by having a life.
But if you DO abandon everything to just play the role of "mom", you're also a disservice to feminism and are just allowing your life to get swallowed up by motherhood.

Seriously, how do you not get s**t for being a woman?

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
spacekitten
I'm not usually an uber-feminist on a soapbox, but I'm noticing more and more that society just likes to give s**t to women no matter what they do.

Single? You'll die alone
Kids? You are only "mom" now; better not work outside the home (your poor kids!) or "make" your husband "babysit" his own kids while you go out and abandon your responsibilities by having a life.
But if you DO abandon everything to just play the role of "mom", you're also a disservice to feminism and are just allowing your life to get swallowed up by motherhood.

Which is why Feminism cannot be taken seriously. exclaim
Miyaka Hana
spacekitten

Single? You'll die alone

I hate that people mistake feminism for female empowerment.

I know a lot of feminists, And they dont stand for stuff like this at all, They stand for equal rights and complete and total equality for both genders, So that females and males both have the right to pursue the lifestyle that makes them happy. Hell I have even seen sexist ballbusting lesbians try to throw around the term "Feminist" like they knew what its about.

Its all about equal rights baby <3

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
AbsoluteAlpha
Miyaka Hana
spacekitten

Single? You'll die alone

I know a lot of feminists, And they dont stand for stuff like this at all, They stand for equal rights and complete and total equality for both genders, So that females and males both have the right to pursue the lifestyle that makes them happy. Hell I have even seen sexist ballbusting lesbians try to throw around the term "Feminist" like they knew what its about.

I guess it's just me, but I feel like "female empowerment" is bs too. If you have to act a certain way in order to be "equal" to men, that just seems like a cop out. I'm perfectly equal to my husband without having to do the things feminists and female empoweress' do. There's a difference between wanting to have fun while you're still a mom and stuff, but then there's the fact that you have a responsibility to your child and that's your number one priority, not "going out". I will make sure that my child has all the resources they need to be successful while teaching them that dressing like a slut or being irresponsible will be something that will make me disappointed in them. However, if that truely makes them happy, I'll learn to deal with it but I'll try to raise my child that happiness of that nature isn't appropriate.

Newbie Noob

spacekitten

Single? You'll die alone

Hallelujah.

It's been this way for a while and I haven't noticed it myself until it became the center of so many arguments. "Oh, you're just a stupid man-hating feminist! It's actually supposed to mean you fight for equal rights!"

Yeah, but just because we're allowed to vote now or something doesn't mean we're treated equally with respect.
Miyaka Hana
AbsoluteAlpha
Miyaka Hana
spacekitten

Single? You'll die alone

I guess it's just me, but I feel like "female empowerment" is bs too. If you have to act a certain way in order to be "equal" to men, that just seems like a cop out. I'm perfectly equal to my husband without having to do the things feminists and female empoweress' do. There's a difference between wanting to have fun while you're still a mom and stuff, but then there's the fact that you have a responsibility to your child and that's your number one priority, not "going out". I will make sure that my child has all the resources they need to be successful while teaching them that dressing like a slut or being irresponsible will be something that will make me disappointed in them. However, if that truely makes them happy, I'll learn to deal with it but I'll try to raise my child that happiness of that nature isn't appropriate.
This post makes me happy <3

Its great to know there are still good women out there.

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Rivoltella Forte
spacekitten

Single? You'll die alone

Hallelujah.

It's been this way for a while and I haven't noticed it myself until it became the center of so many arguments. "Oh, you're just a stupid man-hating feminist! It's actually supposed to mean you fight for equal rights!"

Yeah, but just because we're allowed to vote now or something doesn't mean we're treated equally with respect.
Why do people care what someone says? They're not important to you in any way, it's not worth being upset over.

Basatan's Waifu

User Image

✹ If the kids aren't around let mommy do what she wants.

Rainbow Survivor

~ Aki - Fairy ~
I think mothers/moms should be given at least one day a month where they are a woman first - dress up, have a spa day, go out for a nice meal, spend the day at the mall and buy at least one thing for themselves, not just stuff for the house or kids, go out for a night on the town with their friends, etc..

I don't have kids, but I know how much some of the mothers I know appreciate it when given the opportunity for a day or evening out without the kids

Just one day? cry

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
I normally see this a lot on the internet especially in PWI. I honestly think that people need to mind their own business than worry about what a mother does with herself or her life. If you're a parent then you need to worry about your own kids than what another mother does.

So what if a mother cusses or dresses differently. It's not effecting your life nor your children's life, why should you care? If you want to raise your child in a proverbial bubble then do so. If you don't then that's fine. Worry about your own child and your own ways of child rearing.

Magical Tree

Terrible. People have the right to be themselves. Just because you're a mom doesn't mean you have to start looking homely.

My friend is a mom and she dyes her hair teal blue. It rocks.

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
I am a mom, and I see this a lot in the mom ("mumblr" ) community on tumblr. If you don't dress (and weigh) like a supermodel, have an insanely clean house, had children who are perfectly matched and spotless then youre a terrible mother and don't deserve your children. I have seen good mothers have CPS called on them because someone disagrees about their parenting style.
Dressing a different way, having tattoos or piercings or crazy colored hair doesn't interfere with your parenting and anyone who thinks so is a complete moron.

Tipsy Prophet

I'd like to say that I haven't seen this or had it happen to me, but I'm sure I have. I really just don't give a ******** what others think and can't even be bothered to notice. Well, every once in a while I notice someone giving me a sideways glance. But it's whatever. They aren't effecting my life at all. Most of the time, we'll get side-eyes when we walk in to a store or park or whatever, and then they see us playing with our son and having a great time doing it and then they're nothing but smiles. We frequent this trampoline place and every time we go, we get side-eyes from all the soccer moms and then, next thing you know, their kids want to play with us while they sit on the side reading whatever dribble was pushed upon them. I find it hilarious.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff